Liberty University Intensives: Off-Campus Weekend Package
If you are enrolling in a weekend intensive course in Lynchburg, VA, you will have the opportunity to package the cost of hotel and meals through the Kirkley Hotel or Fairfield Inn & Suites as one fee applied directly to your student account. Our convenient off-campus weekend intensive package allows you to apply your financial aid toward this fee in order to minimize out-of-pocket expenses!
While you are on campus for your intensive, you can email email@example.com if you have any needs. Please note that it is your responsibility to arrange transportation (i.e. flight, bus, train, etc.) to Lynchburg, Va. for your intensive course.
Important Information about Your Off-Campus Intensive Package
Students who choose to participate in our off-campus weekend intensive package will be assessed the regular tuition cost per credit hour as well as an intensive fee of $350.
Included in this fee are the following accommodations and amenities:
- Students will be provided with a hotel room Friday night for each weekend they are in Lynchburg for their intensive over the course of the semester. Wi-Fi is available in the hotel and on campus. Parking, gratuities, food tax, and service fees will also be covered.
- Upon arrival, the hotel will run a credit card for any incidentals outside of what is included in the intensive fee package. Please note that this is hotel protocol, most hotels do this as a means of precaution.
- Students will have Flames Cash added to their card before their first weekend on campus. The amount of the card will be enough to cover the cost of three (3) lunches at the Reber Thomas Dining Hall. If the student chooses to use the entire amount prior to the final weekend they will have to purchase remaining meals out of pocket. Please ensure that you carry your Flames Pass with you at all times.
- Breakfast – Provided on Saturday by the hotel beginning at 6:30 a.m.
How We Prepare for Your Stay
- Liberty University will be responsible for booking hotel accommodations for the student.
- Students will receive a confirmation email from the hotel regarding their accommodations before arrival in Lynchburg, VA. If the student has not received a confirmation email before departure, he or she will need to contact Academic Advising.
Note: Does not include room service or meals outside of hotel/package. Please be advised that food prepared and served may contain various allergens. If you have a specific food allergy, please make our staff aware so that we may do our best to accommodate your needs.
Hotels will provide shuttle services to and from the Lynchburg Regional Airport, bus station, and train station as well as transportation to and from campus.
- Upon arrival in Lynchburg, the student will call your hotel and arrange pick-up.
- Students need to ensure that the hotel is aware of their arrival time before departure; this information will be included in the confirmation email sent by the hotel.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email before your departure to Lynchburg, you will need to contact Academic Advising
- Students are able to board any GLTC bus in Lynchburg with their Flames Pass. For more information about bus routes and schedule, call (434) 455-5080 or visit the GLTC Website.
Note: Any locations outside of the aforementioned services will be the student’s responsibility.
Please keep in mind that the below cancellation policy applies to all Intensive Housing Packages regardless if you are enrolled, drop, or withdraw from the intensive course. Dropping or withdrawing from the course is separate from cancelling the intensive housing package. The below is important information on your potential financial obligations.
Cancellations before or on
Cancellations on or after
The student will not be liable
Student liable for $250
Student liable for the entirety
For information regarding a withdrawal from an intensive course and how this will affect tuition, please contact an advisor by calling (800) 424-9596.
Is my family able to stay with me?
- Yes! The student will need to notify the hotel of this request after receiving their reservation confirmation email. An additional fee will be assessed. Each extra individual aged 7 or older will be charged an extra $10/night for breakfast and amenities. King rooms allow for two occupants. Double rooms allow for four occupants.
Is my family able to participate in meals?
- Family members will be able to participate in breakfast for an additional fee charged by the hotel.
Am I able to book extra nights at the hotel?
- Yes. Students can make arrangements with the hotel no earlier than 14 days prior to their intensive course start date if they are in need of staying extra nights before or after their included intensive stay. The hotel is willing to honor the intensive rate for a night before or after their intensive stay.
Will childcare be provided?
- No, childcare will not be available at the intensive site or the hotel.
This opportunity is subject to availability per week. If you have questions or concerns regarding the off-campus intensive package, please contact Academic Advising at (800) 424-9595. Liberty University reserves the right to reject requests for hotel reservations. Additionally, any behavior that is a disturbance or inconsistent with the law and/or Liberty’s conduct codes can be cause for rejecting requests for room reservations.