Learn to Solve Health Problems Facing Patients in Our Master of Medical Sciences – Public Health
Combine your passions for medical research and helping others by pursuing Liberty University’s Master of Medical Sciences – Public Health degree. Throughout this program, you will experience curriculum in medical sciences that will not only expand your knowledge in the field but also enhance the critical thinking skills you will need to succeed as a medical professional. Our program will prepare you to pursue enrollment in a medical school or to work directly with the medical needs of the public. At Liberty, we pride ourselves on ensuring that all of our online students are provided with an education that maintains both quality and flexibility, and this is made possible by the dedication of our academic support staff, as well as our professors who have education and years of experience in the medical field.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Master’s of Medical Sciences Program – Public Health?
While pursuing your Master of Medical Sciences in Public Health degree at Liberty University, you will see that quality, affordability, and flexibility are our top priorities. As one of the largest Christian universities in the world, we take pride in Training Champions for Christ through our courses which are taught from a biblical worldview. At Liberty, our online master’s of medical sciences program students do not have to sacrifice quality for flexibility, as our master of medical sciences programs are available 100% online. Liberty University is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and we work every day to provide our students with quality, affordable and flexible degree options.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s of Medical Sciences Degree Program – Public Health?
As a student in Liberty University’s Master of Medical Sciences degree program, you will be provided with rigorous coursework in human anatomy and physiology, biomedical ethics, and advanced cell biology. Our master’s in medical sciences degree in public health will focus your studies on how to conduct biological experiments and identify risk factors for disease and develop targets for preventive health care, as well as advanced training in community health and health policies. You will confront the politics in health policy, the principles of community health, and more. Please see below for more information about our online medical sciences degree courses.
Masters of Medical Sciences Program – Public Health Information
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- View the graduate course syllabi (login required).
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
Master’s in Medical Sciences Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour).
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Admission Requirements for the MA in Medical Sciences
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.75 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of our Master’s in Medical Sciences Program
- By earning your online master’s in medical sciences degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online medical sciences degree in as little as one year!
Potential Career Options with Our Online Master’s of Medical Sciences – Public Health
- Program officer
- Research associate
- Clinical research associate