Learn to Solve Health Problems Facing Patients in Our Master of Medical Sciences – Public Health
Combine your passions for medical research and helping others by pursuing Liberty University’s Master of Medical Sciences – Public Health degree. Throughout this program, you will experience a curriculum in medical sciences that will not only expand your knowledge in the field but also enhance the critical thinking skills you will need to succeed as a medical professional.
Our program can prepare you to pursue enrollment in a medical school or to work directly with the medical needs of the public. At Liberty, we pride ourselves on ensuring that all of our online students are provided with an education that maintains both quality and flexibility, and this is made possible by the dedication of our academic support staff, as well as our professors who have education and years of experience in the medical field.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Master’s of Medical Sciences Program – Public Health?
While pursuing your Master of Medical Sciences in Public Health degree, you will see that quality, affordability, and flexibility are our top priorities. As one of the largest Christian universities in the world, we take pride in Training Champions for Christ through our courses, which are taught from a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, our online master’s of medical sciences program students do not have to sacrifice quality for flexibility, as our master of medical sciences programs are available 100% online. Liberty University is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and we work every day to provide our students with quality, affordable, and flexible degree options.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s of Medical Sciences Degree Program – Public Health?
Throughout this Master of Medical Sciences degree program, you will be provided with rigorous coursework in human anatomy and physiology, biomedical ethics, and advanced cell biology. Our master’s in medical sciences degree in public health will focus your studies on how to conduct biological experiments, identify risk factors for disease, and develop targets for preventive health care, as well as advanced training in community health and health policies. You will confront the politics in health policy, the principles of community health, and more.
Take a moment to review the featured courses of our online medical sciences degree.
- HLTH 501 – Biostatistics
- HLTH 503 – Principles of Epidemiology
- HLTH 556 – Politics and Health Policy
- HLTH 630 – Principles of Community Health
Master’s of Medical Sciences Program – Public Health Information
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- View the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
Master’s in Medical Sciences Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for the M.A. in Medical Sciences
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.75 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of our Master’s in Medical Sciences Program
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online master’s in medical sciences degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online medical sciences degree in as little as 1 year!
Potential Career Options with an Online Master’s of Medical Sciences – Public Health
- Clinical research associate
- Research associate
- Program officer