Find Digital Criminals and Bring Them to Justice with a Master’s in Cybercrime Degree
Are you a criminal justice or cyber security professional? Or do you have a knack for information technology and want to begin a career in the criminal justice system? If so, Liberty University’s Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Cybercrime Investigation degree may be for you.
When you pursue our master’s in criminal justice degree in cybercrime, you open yourself up to both career advancement and new career possibilities in a variety of professions. After graduation, you may qualify to work as a cybercrime instructor, victim advocate, intelligence analyst, or investigator. You may also have the option of becoming a detective in both public and private sectors or even a special agent for the federal government.
Cybercrime is a serious threat — and it’s growing. Protect critical infrastructures from digital criminals, foreign adversaries, and terrorists by partnering with Liberty University to pursue your master’s degree in criminal justice – cybercrime investigation. Trained, educated professionals with integrity, like you, are needed to keep our communities and our nation safe from digital threats.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice – Cybercrime Investigation?
At Liberty University, our mission is Training Champions for Christ, so we are consistently striving for excellence in everything we do. From professors to curriculum and resources, you’ll see this mission incorporated throughout your 100% online master’s in criminal justice cybercrime degree.
During your program, you’ll learn from faculty who hold doctoral degrees in criminal justice or a related field and have years of real-life experience working in criminal justice and cyber security. These men and women are professionals in the field, and they are invested in helping you succeed academically, professionally, and spiritually.
Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity for professional development throughout your curriculum. Not only will you learn how to understand and investigate cybercrime, but you’ll also receive skills in research and leadership that are essential to the cyber security field. For instance, you’ll conduct research for your own original thesis and have the opportunity for publication.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Criminal Justice – Cybercrime Investigation Degree?
Your master’s in criminal justice – cybercrime degree is intended to equip you for advanced roles within the cyber security and criminal justice fields. As you prepare to become effective in digital investigation, you will take courses such as a cybercrime law course that will help you to fully understand U.S. laws regarding cybercrime. Additionally, your cyber criminology courses will uniquely prepare you for this specialized field in criminal justice.
In addition to the criminal justice and cybercrime topics you’ll study, you will also have the opportunity to write a thesis. Through your thesis, you will conduct research on a new or relatively unknown topic regarding cybercrime so you can become an expert in the field and feel fully prepared to excel in your career.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below for more information!
- CJUS 540 – Cybercrime Law and Public Policy*
- CJUS 542 – Advanced Cybercrime Investigation*
- CSCI 501 – Overview of Computer Security*
- CSCI 511 – Digital Forensics*
*Course guide coming soon!
Generous Discount for Active Duty Law Enforcement and Other First Responders
Liberty University is committed to providing a world-class education and aims to help students achieve their educational goals, in whatever way we can. The First Responder Tuition Discount was created to take some of the financial burdens off of tuition from the men and women who work in public service.
As Liberty University’s way of saying ‘Thank You’, we proudly provide you with the following benefits:
Highlights of Our M.S. in Criminal Justice – Cybercrime Investigation Degree
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- Complete your master’s degree in criminal justice cybercrime in as little as 1.5 years!
- Learn from professors who have terminal degrees and years of experience in the field of criminal justice.
- Receive research and leadership training essential to the criminal justice cybercrime field as you complete your thesis.
M.S. in Criminal Justice – Cybercrime Investigation Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online M.S. in Criminal Justice – Cybercrime Investigation Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Career Opportunities for M.S. in Criminal Justice – Cybercrime Investigation Graduates
- Cybercrime instructor
- Cybercrime intelligence analyst
- Cybercrime investigator
- Cybercrime victim advocate
- Detective in public or private sectors
- Special agent
Admission Requirements for the Online M.S. Criminal Justice Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.