Manage Your Facility, Personnel, and Resources Effectively with a Master’s in Corrections Management Degree
Are you a criminal justice professional looking to advance in correctional service management? Maybe you’re interested in beginning a career working for our nation’s criminal justice system, or perhaps you are already in the field and looking to take on a new position. If any of these sound like you, Liberty University’s Master of Science (MS) in Criminal Justice – Corrections Management degree is an excellent option!
When you pursue your master’s degree in corrections, you’re opening yourself up to new job opportunities and possibilities for career advancement. Not only can you learn about the management of facilities like jails and prisons – you can also learn about new trends and programs that seek to reintegrate offenders into the community. You can also play a role in reducing the rate of recidivism – which is when an offender commits the same crime again.
Our nation needs dedicated leaders like you! By partnering with Liberty University to pursue your master’s degree in criminal justice – corrections management, you’re setting yourself up to be better prepared for a variety of careers in criminal justice. Crowded prisons are a growing problem for our nation – and trained, educated professionals like you can help by effectively managing current facilities and setting up alternatives to ease dependence on those facilities.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice – Corrections Management?
At Liberty University, our mission is to Train Champions for Christ. As part of our commitment to this mission, we strive for excellence in everything we do. From professors to curriculum to resources, you’ll see this mission incorporated throughout your master’s in criminal justice – correctional management degree.
This corrections master’s program can give you the opportunity to learn from faculty who have years of real-life experience in criminal justice and doctoral degrees that complement their experience. These men and women are experts in the field – and they are invested in helping you succeed academically and spiritually.
Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity for professional development throughout your degree. Not only can you learn how to manage a correctional service facility – you’ll also be able to develop essential skills in research and leadership. For instance, if you take advantage of the thesis option you’ll conduct research for your own original thesis that can prepare you for doctoral studies and have the opportunity for publication.
Generous Discount for Active Duty Law Enforcement and Other First Responders
Liberty University is committed to providing world-class education and aims to help students achieve their educational goals, in whatever way we can. The First Responder Tuition Discount was created to take some of the financial burdens of tuition off the men and women who work in public service.
As Liberty University’s way of saying ‘Thank You,’ we proudly provide you with the following benefits:
- A 25% tuition discount
- Potential college credit for training and life experience
- Personalized service throughout your educational journey
- Potential stacking with other tuition benefits (Corporate Advantage Program or Military Benefits)
For more information on eligibility and on claiming this discount, please visit the First Responder Discount page.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Criminal Justice – Corrections Management Degree?
This graduate program in corrections is designed to help prepare you for unique and advanced roles within the criminal justice field – specifically in corrections management. In our prison management degree, you can learn about the policies and procedures needed to effectively run a correctional facility. Additionally, you can learn about some of the recent trends for deinstitutionalizing the prison industry.
Alternatives to incarceration such as probation and parole will be covered – as will the use of vocational and academic programs for offenders who qualify. Your instruction will include useful knowledge about the staffing of facilities, how to handle inmate health, and security concerns. You can also learn how to manage and implement effective reintegration programs.
In addition to taking specialized courses focusing on corrections, you can learn about ethics and leadership in the criminal justice field. You’ll also explore current topics and trends in criminal justice, be taught how to evaluate a criminal justice program, and study basic human resource principles for correctional facilities. Your core criminal justice courses are designed to complement your corrections management specialization – allowing you to develop a wide range of skills.
- CJUS 644 – Corrections Policy and Procedure
- CJUS 646 – Community Corrections
- CJUS 648 – Management of Correctional Facilities
- CJUS 650 – Rehabilitation and Reintegration of Offenders
Course guides coming soon
Highlights of Our MS in Criminal Justice – Corrections Management Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Corrections Management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- Complete your master’s degree in corrections in as little as 1.5 years!
- Learn from professors who have terminal degrees and years of real-life experience in the field of criminal justice.
- You will have the option of taking additional electives in subjects that meet your professional goals or a thesis option in which you receive research and leadership training essential to the criminal justice corrections field.
MS in Criminal Justice – Corrections Management Degree Information
- This program falls under Liberty University’s Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online MS in Criminal Justice – Corrections Management Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Career Opportunities for MS in Criminal Justice – Corrections Management Graduates
- Corrections officer
- Deputy warden
- Parole officer
- Probation officer
- Senior police officer
Admission Requirements for Our Graduate Online Criminal Justice Degrees
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.