Ph.D. in Education Admission Requirements
These requirements also apply to the Executive Certificate in Special Education.
- Apply online or call an admissions counselor at (800) 424-9596 to apply over the phone.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Mail official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copies, or via a direct electronic transcript system). Transcripts must show a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. You may also complete the Transcript Request Form to allow Liberty to attempt to request your transcripts on your behalf.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must complete an approved English proficiency test or meet the requirements for a waiver. Please see the Online Graduate English Proficiency Requirements page for more information.
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must:
- Be in your final term and planning to start your doctoral degree after the last day of class for your master’s degree.
- Complete a master’s self-certification form confirming your completion date. You may download the form from the Forms and Downloads page, or contact an admissions counselor to submit the form on your behalf.
- Submit a transcript to confirm that you are in your final term. The preliminary transcript must show that you are within six credit hours of completion for a 30-48 credit hour master’s degree or within nine credit hours of completion for a 49+ credit hour master’s degree.
- Send in an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date on it by the end of your first semester of enrollment in the new doctoral degree.
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript must be issued directly from the institution in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must meet the same requirements.
Liberty University Admissions Office Contact Information
Email for Questions
Email for Sending Documents