Liberty’s Online Ph.D. in Education – Educational Law Will Equip You to Implement Student-Focused Education Policies
A legal perspective on education can make a big difference when it comes to setting policies and influencing the future of educational institutions.
With Liberty University’s 100% online Ph.D. in Education – Educational Law degree program, you will expand your knowledge, skills, and training in the legal aspects of education. The Ph.D. in Education applies relevant concepts in a way that will give you the flexibility to help learners in any setting, and the knowledge you gain in educational law can prepare you to lead others in corporations, businesses, and successful school administrations.
So whether your goal is to teach, design for curriculum and instruction, or serve in school administration, Liberty is committed to preparing future educators and leaders who impact the field of education for Christ. Liberty University’s Ph.D. in Education is a 100% online program designed to provide advanced training for educators across various fields. The specialization in educational law helps education professionals make a positive impact on educational organizations and policies.
Since understanding education law and policy will help you develop better teaching and learning environments, Liberty’s educational law focus will develop your knowledge of important legal policies and theories. Through Liberty’s Ph.D. in Education, you can gain the confidence you need to lead educational organizations and help improve our education system.
The education research you will develop during your academic and dissertation studies will benefit your fellow educators and build new bodies of knowledge. Through academic research excellence and a thorough understanding of education law, you will be equipped to help schools, teachers, and governments make the education system work better for students.
What can I do with a Ph.D. in Education?
Advanced training in education, educational law, and research, will help you gain the valuable communication and problem-solving skills needed to lead students and organizations to success. Our online Ph.D. in Education – Educational Law can provide you with the tools and skills you need to lead an educational administration at the county, state, or national level.
Liberty’s Ph.D. in Education can prepare you for a career as a proficient researcher, effective leader, or skilled educator. Our programs are taught from a biblical worldview and encourage educators to model high standards as they assume leadership roles within various education-related organizations. Researchers and leaders in the field of education can shape the future direction of policies, goals, and objectives within K-12, business, or state or federal government educational settings.
Why Choose Liberty’s Ph.D. in Education – Educational Law Online Program?
At Liberty University, we believe your impact on the next generation matters. All of your classes will be taught from a biblical worldview by faculty with years of experience in and out of the classroom. A terminal degree grounded in biblical principles can make you extremely valuable to educational institutions because you will be well-equipped to influence policies, procedures, and outcomes with ethical clarity and integrity.
Liberty’s Ph.D. in Education – Educational Law online degree program is designed to provide you with advanced training in the legal issues that impact academic institutions. If you’re an educator who is interested in executive leadership within education systems, an understanding of educational law will be critical. Start on your path to success as an educator or a leader in a school or university through this educational law degree program.
Your time is important, so the Ph.D. in Education – Educational Law is available 100% online so that you can fit your coursework into your schedule. You may choose to network with faculty and peers within the program by participating in optional intensive courses on our campus in Lynchburg, Va., as well. Liberty University is dedicated to helping you earn your degree around your commitments.
We believe that biblical values build good policy, so your courses in the online education degree will focus on helping you to examine relevant topics and current events in light of a Christian worldview. Come join Liberty’s mission to Train Champions for Christ by equipping educators to use the law for the benefit of students.
Job Outlook for Workers with Education Doctoral Degrees
Earning a Ph.D. in Education – Educational Law can open the door to new opportunities in academics and other industries. For postsecondary education administrators, the median pay in 2018 was $94,340 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
This industry is expected to increase by a faster-than-average rate of 10% by 2026.* Workers with doctorates in this field received 20% higher weekly median wages in 2017, so an effective way to build a career with a high earning potential in this field could be to earn your Ph.D. in Education.**
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Postsecondary Education Administrators (viewed online July 31, 2019). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Measuring the Value of Education (viewed online July 31, 2019). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s Ph.D. in Education – Educational Law?
Liberty University’s core education courses enhance your knowledge of education policy, structure, theories, and educational law. Because educational law is just as critical as educational leadership in the managing of academic institutions, this program will focus on key areas of leadership with an emphasis on educational law. Our courses in the Ph.D. in Education – Educational Law online program will help you develop new skills as you learn strategic management solutions to common leadership problems in organizations.
Liberty’s online doctoral degree in education emphasizes a Christian perspective in learning theory and will help you approach education and education research through the lens of a biblical worldview. You will also learn how global culture and legal and economic factors can inform your approach to student engagement at different levels of schooling.
Through this program, you will:
- Learn how to evaluate education theories for application in both professional and academic settings.
- Analyze theories and evidence-based practices that inform leadership, research, and teacher preparation in educational law.
- Design and conduct original research that adds to the knowledge base of the education field.
- Use cutting-edge educational technology to engage students and develop research, which can be implemented in your dissertation.
- Study legal policy in education and learner development.
- Develop educational law expertise in special education and other essential topics.
In the educational law area of study, you will gain specialized knowledge of larger policies that affect the field of education and the role of education policy. This area of study will help you analyze pedagogical concepts based on research and knowledge of the discipline.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below for more information!
What kinds of professional skills could you gain through the Education Ph.D. program?
- An understanding of policy analysis and legal theory in education
- Education research skills that can apply to a variety of organizations and institutions
- How to use distinct types of media to engage students and help them develop key problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Statistical and data analysis skills through the use of industry-leading technology
- School administration and management techniques valuable for leading organizations
Ph.D. in Education – Educational Law Online Degree Information
- This program falls under our School of Education.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Course Syllabi.
- Students in this degree program can complete optional on-campus intensives. Most intensives are offered in a weeklong course format, with a few being offered in a weekend format.
- An extensive final dissertation project is required.
Potential Career Options with an Educational Law Degree
- Education advocate
- Education survey researcher
- Educational policy legislator
- K-12 administrator
- University administrator
- University professor
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ph.D. in Educational Law Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Highlights of Our Ph.D. in Education Online Program
- By earning your Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Education – Educational Law from an accredited, nonprofit university whose online programs are ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you can be confident your degree will be well-respected within your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our Ph.D. in Educational Law degree program in about 3 years.
- This program is offered in an 8-week course format, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times!
- The Doctor of Philosophy in Education program will help you to develop educational management skills and foster leadership in teachers and students.
- You can meet your peers and professors in the online Ph.D. in Education program during optional intensives on our campus in Central Virginia while developing your writing and research for your final dissertation phase.
- The Ph.D. online is a 3-year program that includes an integrated dissertation process allowing you to work toward your final research project while completing your coursework.
- Completing the online Ph.D. program’s dissertation will empower you to make a unique impact in education research that can become the basis for publications, curriculum and instruction products, and other publishing opportunities.