Influence Education at the Highest Levels with an Online Ph.D. in Education – Organizational Leadership
Successful education requires outstanding leadership and guidance at the top of the organization. Liberty University’s 100% online Ph.D. in Education – Organizational Leadership degree program will expand your knowledge, skills, and training in the leadership aspects of education. Additionally, you can use your degree to gain a strong authority in organizational leadership found in corporations, businesses, and successful educational administrations. Each course in the online education degree integrates specific course materials and assignments that require you to examine relevant topics and current events in light of Scripture and a Christian worldview.
With advanced training in education, organizational leadership, and research, you will gain valuable communication and problem-solving skills needed to lead your students and organization to success. Our Ph.D. in Education, with a specialization in Organizational Leadership online, can provide you with the tools and skills you need to lead an educational administration on a county, state, or national level.
Why Choose Liberty’s Ph.D. in Education – Organizational Leadership Online Program?
Liberty’s Ph.D. in Education – Organizational Leadership online degree program is designed to provide advanced training to leaders in academic institutions who want to enter executive leadership in education systems, whether at the county, state, or national level. If your goal is to work as an educator or in a leadership capacity in a school or university, you can start on the path to success through this leadership degree program.
Your time is important, so the Ph.D. in Educational – Organizational Leadership is a 100% online degree program. While you are not required to take any courses on our Lynchburg, Va., campus, some courses are available in an intensive format on campus, if you prefer to learn in a face-to-face environment. Liberty University is committed to helping you obtain your degree in the way that is most convenient for you. You may also be interested in exploring our Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s Ph.D. in Education – Organizational Leadership?
Liberty University’s education and management courses seek to enhance your knowledge of education policy, structure, theories, and organizational leadership. Because organizational leadership is just as critical as educational leadership in the managing of academic institutions, this program will focus on key parts of leadership with an emphasis on organizational leadership. Our courses in the Ph.D. in Education – Organizational Leadership online program will help you develop new skills as you learn strategic management solutions to common leadership problems that occur in organizations utilizing scholarly research.
As you begin our Ph.D. in Education – Organizational Leadership degree online, you can learn the core courses that are essential to being a leader in K-12 and higher education. You will analyze pedagogical concepts and approaches based on research and knowledge of the discipline. You also will learn some of the newest trends and technologies available in academia. As your doctoral program continues, you will have the opportunity to add value and fresh ideas to the field of education through your doctoral dissertation.
- BMAL 714 – Strategic Risk Management Process and Practice
- BMAL 727 – Leading Effective Teams
- EDUC 741 – Theories of Educational Leadership *
- EDUC 745 – Organizational Analysis and Problem Solving for Educators
*Intensive format optional
Ph.D. in Education – Organizational Leadership Online Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under our School of Education.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Course Syllabi.
- Students in this degree program can complete optional on-campus intensives. Most intensives are offered in a weeklong course format, with a few being offered in a weekend format.
- An extensive final dissertation project is required.
Potential Career Options with an Education – Organizational Leadership Degree
- University professor
- University administrator
- K-12 administrator
- Survey researcher
- School headmaster
- Policy analyst
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ph.D. in Education – Organizational Leadership Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Highlights of the Ph.D. Online Program
- By earning your Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Education – Organizational Leadership from an accredited, nonprofit university whose online programs are ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you can be confident your degree will be well respected within your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership degree program in about 3 years.
- This program is offered in an 8-week course format, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times!
- The Doctor of Philosophy in Education program will allow you to develop educational management skills and foster leadership in teachers and students.
- You can meet your peers and professors in the Online Ph.D. in Education program during optional on-campus intensives on our campus in Central Virginia while developing your writing and research for your final dissertation phase.
- The Ph.D. online is a 3-year program that includes an integrated dissertation process allowing you to work toward your final research project while completing your coursework.
- Completing the Ph.D. online program’s dissertation will empower you to make a unique impact in educational research that can become the basis for publications, curriculum material products, and other publishing opportunities.