Lead Your School to Success with a PhD in Education and Organizational Leadership
To create a positive learning environment that prepares students to achieve their goals, academic institutions need more than knowledgeable faculty and state-of-the-art facilities. They need outstanding leadership among those who work in administration.
Liberty University’s online PhD in Education – Organizational Leadership program can prepare you for a rewarding career as an academic administrator at the county, state, or national level. School administrators are involved in every level of education, from preschool to university. So if you are seeking a degree that strengthens your leadership skills and opens you up to a variety of career options, our PhD in Education is a great option.
What Is a School Administrator?
Academic administrators are responsible for overseeing school operations and maintaining a high-quality learning environment for both students and faculty. An administrator typically handles the following duties:
- Assist with public relations and marketing activities
- Hire and manage staff
- Manage budgets
- Monitor student achievement data
- Oversee student services
- Recruit new students
- Set and enforce school policies
- Work on committees and task groups
With Liberty’s PhD in Education – Organizational Leadership, you’ll gain the communication, research, and leadership skills needed to lead your students and educational institution to success. Partner with us and earn a versatile degree that can prepare you to work in many levels of education, from K-12 schools to universities.
Why Choose Our Online Organizational Leadership Doctoral Program?
If you want to make a difference in the modern education system, Liberty’s online PhD in Organizational Leadership can help you get started on the path to success. This is a focused program that covers the theoretical underpinnings of education and leadership as well as practical skills that can be applied to the professional world.
- Experienced Faculty | Our courses are taught by seasoned professors who have years of experience working in the education sector. With their guidance, you can gain knowledge and skills that will serve you well in a career as an academic administrator. Our faculty are passionate about what they do, knowledgeable in their field, and excited to help you grow academically, professionally, and spiritually.
- Flexibility | Our goal is to help you earn your degree in a way that fits your schedule, which is why our PhD in Education is offered completely online. With the flexible format of this graduate program, you can log into your courses on your own time and access study materials from the comfort of home. Most importantly, you can stay invested in your priorities — like your family, job, and community — while completing a degree that can take your career to the next level.
- Christian Principles | At Liberty, you’ll examine relevant topics and current events in light of a Christian worldview. Your professors won’t just teach you industry best practices — they’ll challenge you to apply biblical principles to real-world issues in the education system. We can help you become a Champion for Christ and equip you to follow God’s calling on your life, wherever He is leading you.
- On-Campus Intensives | We are committed to helping you pursue your degree in a way that matches your learning style. While this PhD program can be completed entirely online, you’ll also have the option to take on-campus intensives for some of your courses. If you enjoy learning in a face-to-face environment, these intensives are a great opportunity for you to connect in-person with other students and faculty in the education program.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s PhD in Education Online Program?
Enhance your knowledge of both theoretical and practical approaches to leadership in the education system. Our online education courses dive into topics such as learning theory, issues and trends in modern learning technologies, and historical and philosophical bases for education. You’ll also complete several research courses that will help prepare you for a career in academia.
Because leadership skills are just as important as education theory when it comes to managing academic institutions, this program will focus on key aspects of leadership studies, with an emphasis on organizational leadership. This cognate will strengthen your ability to lead effective teams and guide organizations through change. Learn how to use scholarly research and creative analysis to solve common leadership problems that occur within modern organizations.
Later in the doctoral program, you will propose, write, and defend a dissertation based on your own original research. The dissertation process is designed to be integrated with the rest of your coursework, allowing you to simultaneously conduct dissertation research and complete regular assignments. Completing a dissertation will help you contribute to modern discussions about leadership in academia, and your research could help shape the future of our education system for the better.
- BMAL 714 – Strategic Risk Management Process and Practice
- BMAL 727 – Leading Effective Teams
- EDUC 730 – Issues and Trends in Learning Technologies
- EDUC 745 – Organizational Analysis and Problem Solving for Educators
Doctorate in Organizational Leadership and Education Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for the PhD in Education.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
What Can You Do with an Organizational Leadership PhD?
By earning a doctorate in education and organizational leadership, you can pursue a variety of careers in the education system. After completing this degree, some of the roles you may qualify for include:
- Assistant principal
- Department head
- K-12 school administrator
- School headmaster
- School principal
- Superintendent of schools
- Survey researcher
- University administrator
Admission Requirements for Liberty University’s PhD in Education Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Highlights of the PhD in Education Online Program
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online PhD in Education – Organizational Leadership degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete the PhD in Organizational Leadership online degree in just 3 years.
- All of the courses in this program are only 8 weeks long with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- As an education student at Liberty, you can complete optional on-campus intensives. Most intensives are offered in a weeklong course format, with a few being offered in a weekend-only format.