Take Your Ministry to the Next Level with Our Online Master of Divinity in Discipleship Ministries
Do you feel that God has called you to disciple, mentor, or shepherd others? Have you ever wondered how to start a discipleship ministry or what the meaning of discipleship truly is? Liberty University’s Master of Divinity online in discipleship ministries can develop your evangelism and discipleship skills so you can minister to others. With our 75-credit-hour online program, you can have the flexibility you need to continue your ministerial efforts while pursuing your degree.
This degree program gives you the opportunity to study apologetics, evangelism, teaching and preaching, leadership, the Greek and Hebrew languages, and theology. With this degree, you can also learn how to create and manage discipleship ministries within your church and community. Shepherding a church is no small task, so don’t tackle it alone. Partner with us and learn to build effective Bible study and discipleship programs for the glory of Jesus Christ.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Master of Divinity Online – Discipleship Ministries Degree?
Liberty University’s core mission is Training Champions for Christ. Developing disciples of Jesus who can share the Gospel is essential to living out that mission. By pursuing your graduate studies with a specialization in discipleship ministries, you can become a confident soul-winner for Christ who has a degree from one of the nation’s largest Christian universities.
As an online Master of Divinity student at Liberty, you will not have to sacrifice quality for flexibility. Aside from a 16-week internship, our Master of Divinity programs are available online in a convenient, 8-week course format. Through in-depth study of biblical texts, you can learn biblical and theological principles that are key to preaching the Gospel. If you are a church leader who feels led by the Holy Spirit to proclaim the Gospel by building discipleship groups and mentoring relationships, this degree may be for you. Apply today and become a more effective disciple maker.
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Divinity in Discipleship Ministries Degree?
Our Master of Divinity online program features a wide variety of in-depth coursework. The content of this degree covers the study of apologetics, church ministry, evangelism, and homiletics in addition to the Old and New Testaments.
Your online discipleship ministries degree features specialized content designed to teach you about family discipleship, small group ministry, and ministry growth. If you feel called to pastor, disciple, or plant a church, our Master of Divinity online in discipleship ministries can help provide the skills you need to grow a fruitful ministry and fulfill the Great Commission.
We encourage you to review our featured courses below to learn more about what you will study in this program.
- DSMN 610 – Family Discipleship
- DSMN 630 – Small Group Ministries
- DSMN 660 – Leading the Healthy, Growing, Multiplying Church
- LEAD 505 – Church Administration
Master of Divinity Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View our Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Online Master of Divinity Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- The discounted tuition rate of $275 per credit hour for part-time courses
- Discounted divinity block rate: $2,475 (per semester – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours*)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
*Credits taken below 9 and above 15 credit hours for the Master of Divinity online are charged at the part-time rate.
Potential Career Options for Graduates of the M.Div. Online Degree
- Church education administrator
- Director of discipleship/small group ministries
- Sunday school administrator
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA or above is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral recommendation contact information
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Liberty’s Online M.Div. Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online Master of Divinity degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our online M.Div. programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Study under theologians and missionaries with real-world experience and explore our online M.Div.’s web-based content, which has been developed by Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.