Pursue a Master of Divinity Online and Study Scripture in its Original Languages
Are you passionate about ministry and the Word of God? Liberty’s Master of Divinity (M.Div.) online program in biblical languages will give you the opportunity to study the original languages of the Bible and use that knowledge to succeed in ministry. You will study curriculum in a wide variety of topics including discipleship, sermon preparation, pastoral counseling, and the Greek and Hebrew languages.
Our online Master of Divinity in Biblical Languages degree features a dynamic and in-depth study of the original languages of the Bible, which will enhance your knowledge and résumé as well as provide you with valuable skills you can pass on to others.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Master of Divinity Online?
Liberty University’s M.Div. online program in biblical languages is a flexible degree for you to pursue and gain the knowledge you need to excel in the field of ministry, whether or not you have current ministry experience. Our 90-credit-hour program provides students like you with a foundation in biblical study and its languages. For example, our course in hermeneutics will teach you how to better understand and interpret the Word of God and share it with others.
By pursuing our 100% online program, you will have the freedom and flexibility to complete the degree at your own pace and in as few as 9 semesters. Additionally, you can be confident in pursuing this degree at Liberty University — one of the world’s largest Christian universities. Liberty University is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and has been awarded for our affordability and standard of academic excellence.
What are the Benefits of Liberty’s Online M.Div. Program?
- The Master of Divinity is one of the most comprehensive graduate-level seminary programs available to ministers, missionaries, and ministry professionals.
- Those with shorter graduate-level seminary degrees may find that most or all of their previous coursework can be transferred into Liberty’s M.Div. online program.
- Unlike many online bible colleges and seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Institutional Challenge Exams (ICE) are available to test out of foundational biblical and theological studies content for the online M.Div. program.
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Divinity Online – Biblical Languages Degree (90-hour Track)?
Our Master of Divinity online programs include a wide variety of in-depth coursework, ranging from the study of apologetics, church ministry, and evangelism, to homiletics and the study of the Old and New Testament. Offered as an online seminary program through the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity, our 90-hour,* online Master of Divinity in Biblical Languages degree can provide you with essential training in hermeneutics, the Greek language, and Hebrew syntax and language tools. Our course in hermeneutics provides key training on how to interpret the Word of God and share it with others.
We invite you to take a look at our featured courses for a preview of the exciting coursework to come as you dive into our dynamic biblical languages online courses.
*Students interested in an accelerated track for this degree should consider the online Master of Divinity – Biblical Languages (75-hour) program.
Master of Divinity Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View our Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Online Master of Divinity Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Discounted tuition rate of $275 per credit hour for graduate part-time enrollment
- Discounted Divinity Block Rate: $2,475 (per semester – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours*)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
*Credits taken below 9 and above 15 credit hours for the master’s of divinity online are charged at the part-time rate.
Potential Career Options for Graduates of the M.Div. Online Degree
- Christian educator
- Curriculum director
- Instructional supervisor
- Senior pastor
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA or above is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral recommendation contact information
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our M.Div. Online Program
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our M.Div. online programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Study under theologians and missionaries with real-world experience through the online M.Div.’s web-based content developed by Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.