Study Scripture in its Original Languages with Liberty’s Master of Divinity Online — Biblical Languages (75-hour Track)
Are you passionate about ministry and the Word of God? Liberty University’s Master of Divinity (M.Div.) online program in biblical languages will give you the opportunity to study the original languages of the Bible and use that knowledge to succeed in ministry. Our 75-hour program focuses on the core classes of our 90-hour biblical languages degree to help you complete advanced studies in less time.
You will study curriculum in a wide variety of topics including discipleship, sermon preparation, pastoral counseling, and the Greek and Hebrew languages. Our Master of Divinity online program will give you the tools you need to minister to others, while simultaneously allowing you to continue your education at the doctoral level if desired.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Master of Divinity Online — Biblical Languages Degree?
Liberty University’s M.Div. online program in biblical languages is a flexible way for you to gain the knowledge you need to excel in the field of ministry. Whether you have ministry experience or not, this degree will give you the training you need to grow in your ministerial pursuits.
By pursuing our 100% online 75-hour program, you will have the freedom and flexibility to complete the degree at your own pace and in as few as 6 semesters. Additionally, you can be confident in pursuing this degree at Liberty University — one of the world’s largest Christian universities.
What Are the Benefits of the M.Div. Online?
- The Master of Divinity is the most comprehensive graduate-level seminary program available to ministers, missionaries, and ministry professionals.
- Those with shorter graduate-level seminary degrees may find that most or all of their previous coursework will be transferred to the M.Div. online program.
- Unlike many bible colleges or seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Institutional Challenge Exams (ICE) are available to test out of foundational biblical and theological studies content for the online M.Div. program.
- Liberty’s online ministry master’s degrees have received BestColleges.com’s Best Online Master’s in Ministry award for 2019.
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Divinity Online — Biblical Languages Degree?
Our Master of Divinity online program provides a wide variety of in-depth coursework ranging from the study of apologetics, church ministry, evangelism, and homiletics to thorough reviews of the Old and New Testaments. Offered by our online seminary school, the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity, our 75-hour Master of Divinity in Biblical Languages degree provides the essential training you need in hermeneutics, the Greek language, and Hebrew syntax and language tools. Our course in hermeneutics provides key training in how to interpret the Word of God and share it with others.
We invite you to take a look at our featured courses for a preview of the exciting coursework to come as you dive into our dynamic biblical language online courses.
Students who are interested in a more comprehensive M.Div. should consider the M.Div. — Biblical Languages 90-hour program.
Master of Divinity Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View our Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Online Master of Divinity Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discount — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Discounted Divinity Block Rate: $2,475 per semester – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours*
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
*Credits taken above 15 credit hours for the Master of Divinity online are charged at the part-time rate.
Potential Career Options for Graduates of the M.Div. Online Degree
- Christian educator
- Curriculum director
- Instructional supervisor
- Senior pastor
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA or above is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral recommendation contact information
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our M.Div. Online Program
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online M.Div. degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our M.Div. online programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Study under theologians and missionaries with real-world experience in our online M.Div.’s web-based content developed by Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.