Further Your Career with an Online Master’s Degree in Social Media Management
Do you love working with people? Are you a natural leader who can set goals and help those around you to reach them? Do you thrive at meeting tight deadlines and coming up with creative solutions to challenges? Do you enjoy using social media to connect with others and bring people together?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you might be ready for a career in social media management. At Liberty University, we can help prepare you for an exciting, rewarding role as a social media manager.
Liberty University’s online M.S. in Social Media Management degree can help you gain a broad skill set in areas such as radio, television, writing, and leadership. With over 1 billion active monthly users on Facebook and more than 6,000 tweets per second on Twitter, social media is leading the way in today’s digital age.* By completing our social media marketing master’s degree, you can be prepared for a leadership position that lets you use social media in powerful new ways.
What is social media management?
A social media manager helps a brand or business improve its social media presence in order to connect with consumers and build an online reputation. Responsibilities for this high-level position include leading social media marketing campaigns and creating content to post on various social media platforms. In addition, a social media manager may develop marketing strategies, serve as an online customer service representative, analyze consumer behavior, and conduct marketing research.
Social media managers need to be skilled at writing, analysis, creativity, leadership, design, and digital media use. And with Liberty’s online media management master’s degree, you can gain the tools you need to take the next step in your career and become a leader in the field of social media and communications.
Why Choose Our Master’s in Social Media Management Degree Online?
Our online master’s in social media management will help you strengthen your communication skills and give you a competitive edge in the job market. With Liberty’s social media master’s degree, you will receive training that can prepare you for an exciting, rewarding career in a fast-paced industry.
Our online M.S. in Social Media Management can give you the formal training and specialized knowledge you need to transform your knowledge of communication and effectively lead your business. Do you need to improve your own company’s social media presence? Or do you want to help clients develop new content and internet marketing strategies? Whatever your goals are, Liberty can help you reach them.
Our master’s in social media management can be completed entirely online. That way, you can focus on what really matters — your job, your family, and your community — without having to attend on-campus classes.
At Liberty, we want to foster your spiritual life and growth as well as your academic and professional development. That’s what sets Liberty apart from other graduate programs. In our courses, you will learn from faith-oriented professors who can help you become a Champion for Christ and teach you how to follow God’s calling for you in the workplace.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Social Media Marketing Master’s?
Our M.S. in Social Media Management degree can equip you with marketable skills that can help you beat your competition and increase your visibility to employers. By completing our master’s program, you can go on to manage a social media team and help your company achieve specific growth goals.
In your courses, you will learn to produce social media strategies, craft compelling messages, and keep up with emerging trends in digital and social media. In addition, you’ll study storytelling techniques, strategies for organizational communication, and methods for video, social, and mobile communications. Your professors will teach you how to create, implement, and evaluate social media content that informs and persuades audiences.
Whether you are interested in business, journalism, or public relations, our online M.S. in Social Media Management degree can equip you with the skills you need to be successful in your field. Earn your social media degree online and become a skilled, upstanding, motivated leader in today’s ever-changing social sphere.
- STCO 534 – Strategic Media Analysis
- STCO 546 – Effective Social Media
- STCO 562 – Using Emerging Trends in Strategic Communication
- STCO 681 – New Beginnings: Research, Insight, and Application
Online Master’s in Social Media Management Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Communication and the Arts.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Communication and the Arts Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Students in the Master’s in Social Media
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
What Can You Do with a Master’s in Social Media Marketing Degree?
Companies in every industry need people who can help them develop a strong social media presence. By completing a social media marketing degree online, you can stand out to employers and be prepared to enter a variety of high-level jobs.
Some of the positions this degree can help prepare you for include:
- Church video manager
- Customer relations manager
- Customer satisfaction VP
- Employee relations manager
- Marketing/communications director
- Recruitment coordinator
- Social media manager
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Social Media Management
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Liberty’s Online Master’s in Social Media Degree
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online M.S. in Social Media Management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our online M.S. in Social Media Management degree has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Finish your social media master’s in under 2 years.
- Network with professionals from around the country.
- Study under professors who have real-world experience in communications.
- Learn how to integrate your faith into your career.
- Complete hands-on projects and build a portfolio that will impress employers and improve your chances of achieving full-time employment.
- Receive an affordable online degree that can be completed from the comfort of your own home.