Become a Successful Leader in the Sports Industry with an Online Master’s in Outdoor Sports Management (Non-thesis)
Do you love the outdoors? Are you interested in sharing that passion with others? Liberty’s online sports management degree will provide the training you need to go deeper with your passion for outdoor sports and reinforce your enthusiasm for sports management. By earning our online sports management master’s degree, you will gain foundational knowledge in sports culture, business, community relations, legal issues, ethics, finance, outdoor programs, and leadership while integrating faith with a passion for outdoor adventure sport. You will be equipped to succeed as a professionally trained leader in all aspects of outdoor sports management.
Liberty’s online master’s in sports management degree in outdoor adventure sports will propel you to the career in sports administration you have always wanted while taking less than 2 years to accomplish your educational goals. You do not have to step aside from your family or professional life since this program is 100% online and can be flexible with your lifestyle. Let this online sports management degree help you become a future leader and professional in outdoor recreation and sport without having to travel to campus.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master of Science in Sports Management – Outdoor Adventure Sports Degree?
If you have a passion for the outdoors, want to thrive as a leader, and desire the right training to go further in sports management, then our online master’s in sports management degree program should be your next step.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and our online master’s in sports management is accredited by the Commission on Sports Management Accreditation (COSMA). These accrediting bodies are well-respected and will make your degree and training stand out on your résumé while preparing you for a future career in outdoor sports administration.
We believe that your life will be enriched by your love for outdoor sports, as well as by integrating your faith into what you love. Our purpose at Liberty is to launch you into your chosen field with the right training and encouragement to have longevity and success as a professional.
What Will You Learn in the M.S. in Sports Management – Outdoor Adventure Sports Online Degree?
Our master’s in outdoor adventure sports online degree program is designed to combine modern practices in the field of sports with the skills of administration integrated with a Christian worldview for a well-rounded educational experience. You will be able to work towards your career goal by completing courses that examine the importance of leadership and administration within an organization.
Specialized courses in our outdoor adventure sports program will provide a more in-depth examination of the skills and knowledge required for success in this field. We want to provide you with a quality education based on biblical principles to help you form a solid moral, ethical, and value-driven approach to sports administration.
- SMGT 611 — Foundations of Sports Management
- SMGT 612 — Outdoor Adventure Programming
- SMGT 613 — Leadership and Administration of Outdoor Adventure Sports
M.S. in Sports Management — Outdoor Adventure Sports Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online M.S. in Sports Management — Outdoor Adventure Sports degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University’s online Master of Science in Sports Management is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA).
- Translate your passion for outdoor adventure sports to a profession in sports management for greater fulfillment and to advance your career.
- Build your résumé with top quality training and academics in all aspects of sports management and get qualified for the field.
- Get into the field with a hands-on, practical internship and tackle real-world issues in the adventure sports industry.
Online Master’s in Sports Management Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Please visit the transfer policy page for more information about transferring credits to the online sports management program.
- You will complete a 16-week internship in your hometown.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options
The online Master of Science in Sports Management — Outdoor Adventure Sports degree makes a potential career in the following areas a reality:
- Adventure leader
- Camp director
- Outdoor education leader
- Outdoor program developer
- Park ranger
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Sports Management – Outdoor Adventure Sports
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.