Make a Greater Impact in Government Processes by Earning a Degree in Public Administration
Public administration is focused on the organization of government policies so that the government can function as it is intended to. Many non-elected public servants are considered public administrators including heads of city, county, regional, and federal departments as well as other employees of public departments and agencies.
Liberty University’s Master of Business Administration in Public Administration is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Program (ACBSP) and will enhance your knowledge and training in political and economic decision making ranging from local to international levels. You will be equipped to function as a successful public administrator while developing strategic leadership, management, and financial skills. Courses within our MBA in Public Administration will prepare you to serve effectively as an expert in the modern business world, emphasizing the importance of applying ethics to management practices and integrating faith with learning in a professional atmosphere.
Why Choose Liberty’s MBA in Public Administration Program?
Liberty University students benefit from top-tier faculty members who have proven professional records of accomplishment and expertise in their respective disciplines. All degree programs at Liberty University are taught from a biblical worldview and solid Christ-centered foundation that will promote your value and trust as an employee in private or public sectors.
Founded in 1971, and paving the way in distance education since 1985, Liberty is one of the leading Christian, nonprofit institutions of higher education in the nation. We seek to improve our curriculum and instruction methods continually as well as build upon the strengths you possess when you enter your program. Liberty’s Master of Business Administration in Public Administration degree program is offered 100% online so that you can continue your career while completing your MBA.
What Will You Learn through Our MBA in Public Administration Degree Program?
Our online MBA in Public Administration provides courses in various areas of government processes, policies, personnel, and politics to equip you with the skills you need to become an active leader in public administration. You will examine various competing political ideologies and positions to allow you to participate in and evaluate current issues and events to solve the problems that face our society.
In studying government, politics, and public administration, you will be able to differentiate between a variety of economic, ecological, demographic, and security problems and challenges within the global community and articulate some of the solutions to resolve them. You will engage in informed reading, research, analysis, and discussion of topics in public administration.
- BUSI 561 – Legal Issues in Business
- BUSI 610 – Organizational Design and Structure
- PADM 530 – Politics, Strategies, & Initiatives of Community Economic Development
- PADM 550 – Public Policy Analysis
Our MBA in Public Administration Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- View all of the graduate course guides. (login required)
Online MBA Degree Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
Potential Career Options with an MBA in Public Administration
The Master of Business Administration is the most highly recognized degree in the fields of business and business management. With an MBA in Public Administration, you will be highly qualified to pursue management and executive-level positions like:
- City/county manager
- Administrative officer
- Security specialist
- Probation officer
Highlights of the Online MBA Public Administration
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online MBA degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- The MBA in Public Administration is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Industry Outlook: The U.S. Department of Labor classifies this industry with a bright outlook for potential job growth. Managers have greater job security because of their role in personnel management, and this profession is not suitable for companies to outsource to foreign markets.
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in the business and public administration fields from across the country.
- Similar specializations found in the Master of Business Administration are finance, international business, and strategic management. More information for these areas of study can be found on our MBA degree page.
Master of Business Administration Admission Requirements
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. A master’s degree or at least 12 graduate credits from an accredited institution may be assessed. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Undergraduate business prerequisites
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.