Transform Yourself from Manager to Leader with Liberty University’s Online MBA in Leadership
A leadership role in any organization can be both challenging and rewarding at the same time. Being prepared for the added responsibilities and job dynamics can alleviate some of the anxiety and make transitioning into a new role more pleasant. With the proper training and preparation, any role can be easier and more satisfying.
Liberty University’s 100% online MBA in Leadership degree can prepare you to stand out in leadership roles within your organization. Through the study of operations management, organizational design and structure, leadership theory, and leading organizational change, you will not only be prepared as a company executive, but your peers will also see you as a respected leader, inspiring efficient and effective outcomes — a leader they want to follow.
Through our flexible, 100% online format, you will have the unique opportunity to remain in your current position while boosting your knowledge, experience, and résumé. Liberty University’s online MBA in Leadership offers an online community that emphasizes Christ-centered business practice, ethical decision-making, and faculty mentorship.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
Why Choose Liberty’s Online MBA in Leadership Program?
Our online MBA in Leadership degree is an industry leader among leadership MBA programs, taught by business professionals with years of work experience. Through this program, you will enhance the leadership skills needed to effectively develop your team, implement long-term goals and objectives, and successfully enact individual and departmental growth.
Whether you are seeking to grow in your current role, or advance your career, our program is designed to equip you with the knowledge and training you need to be successful. These opportunities will be provided to you through a flexible, online format with courses offered in 8-week sessions with no set login times. Your individualized training can be enhanced through the opportunity of hands-on experience in your capstone course, offered as an optional intensive, allowing you to experience collaboration and teamwork in your final project.
Who Can Benefit from an MBA in Leadership?
With an online MBA in Leadership, you will be prepared to set the tone at your organization, develop young leaders, and shift the focus of your business if it is needed. An investment in your education can reap big rewards both personally and professionally. The time and money spent on your education require that you research and ask yourself, “Is an online MBA in Leadership for me?” Here are some of the individuals that can best benefit from this leadership degree:
- Top-Level Executives – If you are a top executive or aspire to be then this degree is a must. You can learn how to lead an organization effectively and efficiently. Gaining this degree can also show that you are willing to put in the time and effort to improve your skills and increase your knowledge in order to benefit the company.
- Small Business Owners – As a small business owner you learn a lot of things by trial and error. This can cost time, money, and even threaten the success of your business. Gaining skills like creating an efficient organization and leadership structure is essential to creating a smooth-running operation.
- Career Changers – If you are looking to change your career to another industry or change your area of focus within the same industry, then this degree offers an excellent option. You can gain skills that will be useful in a variety of industries. In addition, this will also prepare you to move to leadership areas within the same industry.
What Will You Learn in Our Online MBA in Leadership Degree Program?
Liberty’s Master of Business Administration in Leadership features academically challenging business leadership courses designed to mold you into a business executive. Our leadership area of study features a foundational course in servant leadership integrated with biblical principles. As a Christian university, we look to Christ as an example of how to treat others, which underscores the importance of servant leadership.
Using this concept to change your leadership and management styles is key to the success of your organization. By sharing power, workers will feel engaged in their work instead of just a cog in the machine. You will also learn not only to look at a worker’s output but their growth and development at the company.
You will study leadership theory to learn how business leaders build and maintain trust and communicate a clear vision to their subordinates. Your MBA in leadership and management online will also help you gain the leadership skills needed to drive organizational change. A key part of your strategic leadership abilities will be instituting policies and procedures that improve and maintain productivity and quality of work life.
Apart from your concentration in leadership, you will gain valuable training in strategic marketing management. Learning how a product is conceived and brought to market is essential in understanding how to analyze your organization’s present process. Understanding legal, financial, and business research methods will be another part of your leadership development.
- BUSI 502 – Servant Leadership
- BUSI 503 – Leadership Theory
- BUSI 504 – Leading Organizational Change
- BUSI 610 – Organizational Design and Structure
Highlights of Our MBA in Leadership Program
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your MBA in Leadership online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Our MBA in Leadership has achieved accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation.
- You can complete this leadership MBA program in as little as 2 years.
MBA in Leadership Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Potential Career Options with an MBA in Leadership Degree
- Company leader or manager
- Management analyst
- Management consultant
- Not-for-profit organization manager
- Small Business Owner
Online MBA Degree Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Master of Business Administration Admission Requirements
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Undergraduate business prerequisites
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.