Lead Your Company to Financial Success with a Master’s Degree in Finance
Financial professionals are in high demand at companies and organizations around the world. If you want to earn an advanced degree that equips you for higher-level roles in finance and accounting, then Liberty’s online Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance may be right for you. This degree can build on your skills in business, risk management, financial planning, and financial analysis so that you can help your company grow and thrive.
Earning a master’s in finance can help you change careers or advance to a managerial or executive role in your current field. Our MBA in finance online degree program can help enrich your financial and business skills. This can prepare you to take the next step in your career and increase your professional experience. With an MBA in Finance from Liberty University, you can gain an in-depth understanding of the business world and help your organization achieve its financial goals.
A Master of Business Administration in Finance can set you apart from other applicants when you seek a new position or try to advance in your current firm. There are alternative options to a Master of Business Administration in Finance, but our program can give you the experience you need to be a more well-rounded businessman or woman. A wide knowledge base can help you succeed in your career. Liberty University can help you begin and guide you through your first steps towards your future.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Finance Degree Online?
Our master’s in finance program online can help you train for future success as a business or financial professional. If you want to develop advanced skills that can be used in a variety of careers, Liberty’s accredited online MBA finance program is a great option. Partner with us and choose a degree that’s flexible, affordable, and high-quality.
Flexibility | If you want to achieve your academic goals in a way that fits your schedule, we have just what you need. Liberty University’s MBA degree in finance is 100% online, so you won’t need to relocate or take time off from work to take on-campus courses. You can complete your finance classes when and where it’s most convenient for you – even from the comfort of your own home!
Experienced Faculty | In this program, you’ll learn from professors who have years of real-world business experience. With their instruction, you can develop marketable skills and prepare to navigate the competitive finance industry. Our faculty are committed to fostering your academic success and spiritual growth. You can become equipped to serve the Lord in the business world through our MBA with a concentration in finance.
Comprehensive Curriculum | Liberty’s MBA in finance degree online has what you need if you want to enter the workforce, advance in your current career, or pursue doctoral studies in the future. By completing real-world finance projects, you can gain relevant experience and develop practical skills. You can also learn how to integrate biblical principles and ethical standards into your professional life, allowing you to lead with excellence and integrity in the business world.
What is the difference between an MBA in Finance and a Master of Science in Finance?
Liberty University offers both a Master of Business Administration in Finance and a Master of Science in Finance. What is the difference and how do you choose between them? A Master of Business Administration offers a broader range of subjects pertaining to business that are covered in the curriculum. A Master of Science in Finance is more focused on courses directly related to finance. One factor that can greatly impact your decision is your previous education. Our Master of Business Administration program requires you to have completed 15 credit hours of upper level (300-400 level) undergraduate courses or complete the bridge certificate to be admitted. Our Master of Finance program requires 3 specific undergraduate courses for admission.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Finance MBA Program?
We’re committed to Training Champions for Christ – which is why our finance courses are based on cutting-edge research and taught from a biblical perspective. With our rigorous and rewarding curriculum in the finance online MBA, you can become a leader in your field.
Complete core business courses to ensure you have the tools you may need to succeed. The finance MBA online finance program covers essential business topics, including strategic marketing, business law, global economics, human resource management, international business, and operations management. By developing a strong foundation of business education, you can prepare to serve in a variety of managerial finance roles after business school.
Take an in-depth look at the financial side of running a business. Through the finance MBA program online, you can develop skills that are highly sought after in MBA graduates by employers in the business world. For example, you can learn how to analyze financial statements and prepare fiscal reports, as well as how to persuade others with both speech and writing. You can also explore investments, financial markets, corporate finance, mergers, acquisitions, business valuation, and more.
Complete real-world projects that provide practical experience. Our MBA in finance online program focuses not just on financial theory but also on measurable skills that finance working professionals need for their technical, hands-on jobs. In this online MBA program, you can learn how to make sound financial decisions, create fiscal plans for your company’s future, and manage the growth of financial resources. By taking a course on biblical financial planning, you can be equipped to integrate ethical principles with industry best practices.
- BUSI 532 – Advanced Financial Statement Analysis
- BUSI 534 – Business Valuation
- BUSI 536 – Mergers and Acquisitions
- BUSI 538 – Investments and Derivatives
Master of Business Administration – Finance Degree Information
- This program falls under Liberty University’s School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our MBA in Finance.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our MBA in Finance Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
What Can You Do with a MBA in Finance?
Earning an MBA can equip you for many careers in finance. Our top-notch graduate degree can help you develop the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the professional business world. After completing this finance program, some of the roles you may qualify for include:
- Budget analyst
- Chief financial officer
- Credit specialist
- Financial manager
- Investment banker
- Management consultant
- Senior financial analyst
Highlights of Liberty’s Online MBA in Finance Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online Master of Business Administration in Finance degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- You can complete your MBA in Finance online in just 2 years.
- Our online courses are only 8 weeks long with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- As an MBA student at Liberty, you can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal.
- Our finance program offers you the opportunity to network with business students and professionals from across the country.
MBA in Finance Admission Requirements
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Undergraduate business prerequisites
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.