Lead Your Company to Financial Success with a Master’s Degree in Finance
Financial professionals are in high demand at companies and organizations around the world. If you want to earn an advanced degree that equips you for higher-level roles in finance and accounting, then Liberty’s online Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance may be right for you. This degree will build on your skills in business, financial planning, and financial analysis so that you can help your company grow and thrive.
Earning a master’s in finance can help you change careers or advance to a managerial or executive role in your current field. Our MBA program will enrich your financial skills and business acumen, preparing you to take the next step in your career. With an MBA in Finance from Liberty, you can gain an in-depth understanding of the business world and help your organization achieve its financial goals.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
Why Choose Liberty University’s Finance Degree Online?
Our master’s in finance program will help you train for future success as a business or financial professional. If you want to develop advanced skills that can be used in a variety of careers, Liberty’s MBA is a great option. Partner with us and choose a degree that’s flexible, affordable, and high-quality.
At Liberty, we’re committed to providing you with the following benefits:
Flexibility | If you want to achieve your academic goals in a way that fits your schedule, we have just what you need. This program is offered 100% online, so you won’t need to relocate or take time off from work to take on-campus courses. You can complete your finance classes when and where it’s most convenient for you – even from the comfort of your own home!
Experienced Faculty | In this program, you’ll learn from professors who have years of real-world business experience. With their instruction, you can develop marketable skills and prepare to navigate the competitive finance industry. Our faculty are committed to fostering your academic success and spiritual growth.
Comprehensive Curriculum | Whether you want to enter the workforce, advance in your current career, or pursue doctoral studies, our MBA program has what you need. By completing real-world finance projects, you’ll gain on-the-job experience and develop practical skills. You’ll also learn how to integrate biblical principles and ethical standards into your professional life, allowing you to lead with excellence and integrity in the business world.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Finance MBA Program?
We’re committed to Training Champions for Christ – which is why our finance courses are based on cutting-edge research and taught from a biblical perspective. With our rigorous and rewarding curriculum, you can become a leader in your field.
Complete core business courses to ensure you have the tools you’ll need to succeed. This program covers essential business topics, including strategic marketing, business law, global economics, human resource management, international business, and operations management. By developing a strong foundation in business, you can prepare to serve in a variety of managerial finance roles.
Take an in-depth look at the financial side of running a business. Through the finance cognate, you’ll develop hard and soft skills that are highly sought after by employers in the business world. For example, you’ll learn how to analyze financial statements and prepare fiscal reports, as well as how to persuade others with both speech and writing. You’ll also explore investments, financial markets, corporate finance, mergers, acquisitions, business valuation, and more.
Complete real-world projects that provide practical experience. Financial professionals have very technical, hands-on jobs — which is why our program focuses not just on financial theory, but also on measurable skills. In this program, you’ll learn how to make sound financial decisions, create fiscal plans for your company’s future, and manage the growth of financial resources. By taking a course on biblical financial planning, you’ll be equipped to integrate ethical principles with industry best practices.
- BUSI 532 – Advanced Financial Statement Analysis
- BUSI 534 – Business Valuation
- BUSI 536 – Mergers and Acquisitions
- BUSI 538 – Investments and Derivatives
Master of Business Administration – Finance Degree Information
- This program falls under Liberty University’s School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our MBA in Finance.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our MBA in Finance Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
What Can You Do with a Master’s in Finance?
Earning an MBA can equip you for many careers in finance. Our top-notch degree will help you develop the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the professional business world. After completing this finance program, some of the roles you may qualify for include:
- Budget analyst
- Chief financial officer
- Credit specialist
- Financial manager
- Investment banker
- Management consultant
- Senior financial analyst
Highlights of Liberty’s Online MBA in Finance Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online Master of Business Administration in Finance degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- Our MBA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation.
- You can complete your MBA in Finance online in just 2 years.
- Our online courses are only 8 weeks long with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- As an MBA student at Liberty, you can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal.
- While completing this finance program, you’ll get to network with business students and professionals from across the country.
MBA in Finance Admission Requirements
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Undergraduate business prerequisites
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.