Our Master of Science in Marketing – Public Relations Degree Can Help You Cast a Spotlight on Your Business
Liberty University’s online Master of Science in Marketing – Public Relations degree can set you on the path to business success by developing your professional abilities, nurturing your communication skills, and enhancing your public relations expertise. With studies in media technologies and strategic digital communication, you will build a fundamental understanding of how marketing and content creation improves your business’s reputation in the market. The online public relations degree will allow you to build the skill set needed to promote any business through marketing and public relations.
The online M.S. in Marketing and Public Relations was created to provide insight into marketing best practices in a course of study that can be completed in less than 2 years, all while you continue to work and stay connected with your family, church, and community.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master’s in Marketing – Public Relations Degree?
Do you want to break into the marketing industry and represent the best side of your business to the world? Liberty University’s marketing and public relations online degree is designed to equip you with state-of-the-art tools and techniques for reaching your business’s top markets and streamline the use of business assets. You will learn how to use digital media and social networks to increase your brand’s recognition, all while managing the public’s perception of your business and increasing its influence.
Liberty’s mission to Train Champions for Christ means that we seek to produce professionals who are ethical and biblically responsible business experts. Whether you are currently working in public relations, or you’re looking to start a new career, our online public relations master’s degree will make you stand out as a competent, Christ-centered professional.
What Will You Learn in the Online Master’s in Marketing – Public Relations?
The online Master of Science in Marketing – Public Relations degree can help you develop a mastery of marketing and public relations functions in a variety of industries and business roles so you can be a marketable and flexible asset. You will learn how to establish complex and innovative marketing solutions to meet business needs, as well as how to assess and mitigate brand image issues.
You will also learn how proper messaging can make or break a business’s market influence. Through the public relations area of study, you will engage in relations problem analysis, strategic planning for relations response, messaging development, and tactical solutions to handle any situation.
- MRKT 640 – Consumer Behavior
- STCO 532 – Media Technologies & Communication Strategies
- COMS 560 – Communication & Conflict
- STCO 658 – Strategic Communication Campaigns for the Digital Age
Highlights of the Online Master’s in Marketing – Public Relations Degree
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online marketing degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Students can complete the online master’s in marketing – public relations degree in under 2 years.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in the marketing and public relations space from across the country.
Online Master’s in Marketing and Public Relations Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with a Marketing and Public Relations Online Degree
Marketing and public relations professionals can work in a variety of ways for business organizations across the nation and internationally.
Potential careers include:
- Account executive
- Community relations coordinator
- Marketing/public relations researcher
- Product manager
- Public relations coordinator
- Public relations manager
- Sales manager
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Marketing — Public Relations
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- 27 hours of undergraduate business coursework
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.