Our Master of Science (MS) in Marketing – Public Relations Online Degree Can Help You Cast a Spotlight on Your Business
Liberty University’s online Master of Science in Marketing – Public Relations (PR) degree can set you on the path to business success by developing your professional abilities, nurturing your communication skills, and enhancing your public relations expertise.
With studies in media technologies and strategic digital communication, our public relations and marketing degree can help equip you with a fundamental understanding of how marketing and content creation improves your business’s reputation in the market. The online public relations degree can help you build the skill set needed to promote any business through marketing and PR.
The online master’s in public relations and marketing was created to provide insight into marketing best practices in a program of study that can be completed in less than 2 years — all while you continue to work and stay connected with your family, church, and community. Partner with us, gain an advanced understanding of marketing and public relations that can help set you apart from your peers, and take your career to new heights.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Marketing – Public Relations Master’s Program?
If you want to break into the marketing industry and represent your business to the world, Liberty University’s marketing and public relations online degree is designed to equip you with state-of-the-art tools and techniques for reaching your business’s top markets and streamlining the use of business assets.
Our marketing and public relations degree can help you learn how to use marketing analytics, digital media, and social networks to increase your brand’s recognition and spearhead marketing campaigns, all while managing the public’s perception of your business and increasing its influence. Marketing and PR professionals play an integral role in the success of their organizations, and the importance of their work often warrants above-average pay.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average annual salary for advertising, promotions, and marketing managers in 2020 was $141,490.* Demand for this occupation is also projected to grow 6% by 2029, which is faster than the national average for job growth. Earning your master’s degree in marketing — public relations at Liberty can help you pursue high-paying jobs.
Liberty’s mission to Train Champions for Christ means that we seek to produce professionals who are ethical, biblically responsible business experts. Whether you are currently working in public relations, leading a marketing team, or looking to start a new career, our online public relations master’s degree can help you stand out as a Christ-centered professional.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers, 2021 (viewed online June 11, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in the Online Marketing Master’s Degree in Public Relations?
The online Master of Science in Marketing – Public Relations degree can help you develop a mastery of marketing strategies and public relations functions in a variety of industries and business roles so you can be a marketable and flexible asset. You will study how to establish complex and innovative marketing solutions to meet corporate communication needs, as well as how to assess and mitigate brand image issues.
You can also learn how proper messaging can make or break a business’s market influence. Through the public relations area of study, you will engage in relations problem analysis, strategic planning for relations response, messaging development, and tactical solutions to handle any situation.
Our online master’s in marketing and public relations degree is divided into two sections: core courses and public relations online courses. Your core courses offer an overview of strategic marketing management, marketing promotions, supply chain management, and marketing research. You will also study consumer behavior, ethical and legal issues in marketing, and brand management.
The public relations section of this degree covers communication and conflict in organizational and cultural contexts. The public relations specialization also includes a study of media technologies, communication strategies, and strategic communication campaigns for the digital age.
- COMS 560 – Communication and Conflict
- MRKT 640 – Consumer Behavior
- STCO 532 – Media Technologies and Communication Strategies
- STCO 658 – Strategic Communication Campaigns for the Digital Age
Highlights of the Master’s in Marketing Online – Public Relations Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online marketing degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete the online master’s in marketing – public relations degree in under 2 years.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in the marketing and public relations field from across the country.
Online Master’s in Marketing and Public Relations Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Options with a Marketing and Public Relations Online Degree
Marketing and public relations professionals can work in a variety of ways for business organizations across the nation and internationally. Potential careers you can pursue with our online marketing and public relations degree include:
- Account executive
- Community relations coordinator
- Marketing/public relations researcher
- Product manager
- Public relations coordinator
- Public relations manager
- Sales manager
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Marketing — Public Relations
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.