Create Positive Workspaces with Liberty’s Online Master’s in Human Resource Management Degree
Are you interested in pursuing a career in human resource management? Does the prospect of working for and with people excite you? If so, Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Science (MS) in Human Resource Management may be for you. This degree program offers you a unique blend of affordability and flexibility – meaning you can advance your studies while remaining committed to your job, family, and community.
When you choose Liberty for your master’s in human resource management online, you choose a university that is dedicated to your personal and professional success. We don’t just offer you the opportunity to earn a degree – we provide you with a world-class educational experience backed by a brick-and-mortar campus, decades of experience in distance education, expert professors, and a Christian curriculum rooted in biblical truth. By partnering with us for your master’s in human resources online, you can derive a lifetime of benefit.
There has never been a better time to pursue an HR master’s program – and at Liberty, it has never been easier. Don’t put your future on hold any longer – partner with us, gain valuable skills, and take your career to new heights!
Why Choose Liberty’s HR Management Degree?
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to develop a rigorous and respected online degree program. This human resource management master’s degree is offered 100% online with no set login times and no required intensives – meaning you can remain active in your job, family, and community as you further your education.
Another reason to consider our master’s in human resources management is the potential for higher pay that accompanies a graduate-level education. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), professionals who hold a master’s degree are paid an average of 18% more than those who only hold a bachelor’s degree.* In addition, BLS reports that human resource managers earned a median salary of $126,230 in 2021.** Just as the pay potential that comes with a master’s degree is an enticement, so should be the time you spend working towards completion of your degree. You’ll spend time studying, researching, writing, and learning as your pursue your education – and derive a great deal of personal benefit along the way.
Our MS in Human Resources Management can help you advance in your current role, explore positions of higher responsibility in your company, or equip you with the skills needed to branch into a new organization entirely. This HR master’s program can also be completed in as little as 1 year – meaning you won’t have to commit an extended amount of time to earning a degree.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment, 2021 (viewed online May 25, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Human Resources Managers (viewed online May 25, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Our HR Master’s Program?
Our Master of Science in Human Resource Management degree is 33 credit hours in length and is designed to be completed in as little as 1 year.
In our HR master’s degree, you will study contemporary issues in human resource management, workforce planning and employment, and HR development. You will also study compensation management, employment law and ethics, and human resources and technology. In addition, this degree covers negotiation and conflict resolution, business analysis, and leading organizational change. Lastly, you will explore effective executive communication and human resources analysis.
Upon completion of our human resources master’s degree, you will have earned a career-enhancing credential capable of helping you pursue your professional goals. The time to act is now – apply now or request information today to see firsthand what a master’s degree in human resources from Liberty University can do for you!
- BUSI 642 – Contemporary Issues in Human Resource Management
- BUSI 643 – Workforce Planning and Employment
- BUSI 645 – Compensation Management
- BUSI 651 – Employment Law and Ethics*
*Course guide coming soon
Master’s Degree in Human Resources Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Opportunities for MS in HR Management Graduates
- Compensation and benefits manager
- HR generalist
- Training specialist
Highlights of Our MS in Human Resource Management Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- You can complete this online human resources master’s degree in as little as 1 year.
Admission Requirements for Our Master’s in HR Management Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree in a business discipline with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.