Enhance Your Career Prospects and Become a Tax Expert with our Master of Science in Accounting – Taxation!
Liberty University’s Master of Science in Accounting – Taxation is offered 100% online, and enables you to capitalize on the growing demand for highly qualified certified public accountants and tax auditors. Building upon your accounting foundation, you will increase your marketability for accounting taxation jobs by thoroughly exploring accounting laws, policies, and procedures required to ensure companies comply with increasingly strict federal requirements. You will become fluent in the latest technologies used to solve common and complex auditing challenges. The Master’s of Accounting – Taxation degree curriculum aligns with industry best practices that are necessary to excel in your career.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Science in Accounting – Taxation Program?
Liberty University’s MSA – Taxation program is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), which provides added value to your degree. The program is offered 100% online, so you do not have to relocate or take time off from work to attend an on-campus course. Liberty University, a nonprofit institution of higher education, was founded in 1971 and remains one of the leading Christian universities in the nation. At Liberty, we are interested in building upon your individual strengths when you enter your Master in Accounting degree. You will learn directly from experts in the field of auditing and taxation through our interactive online curriculum. Our full-time faculty members are dedicated to mentoring you as you develop your understanding of advanced concepts of accounting and law as it applies to the field of taxation.
Accreditations and Awards
What Will You Learn in Our Online Master of Science in Accounting – Taxation?
With courses focused on advanced business law for accountants, tax research and jurisprudence, estate, trust, gift, and corporate taxation, you will be prepared to assist your company’s decision-makers in a practical manner. During this program, you will engage in tax research designed to give you the opportunity to understand, analyze, and apply familiar tax doctrines in a host of sophisticated and contemporary fact patterns. You will also be given both a technical view of managerial accounting and increased interaction with current research on advanced topics.
Featured Courses in the Master of Science in Accounting – Taxation
Program Highlights for the Master’s in Accounting – Taxation
- By earning your Master’s of Science in Accounting- Taxation Degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- The MS in Accounting: Taxation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leading experts in the field of Accounting and Taxation from across the country.
Similar Online Degree Program
Master of Business Administration – Accounting – Liberty University’s ACBSP accredited Master of Business Administration: Accounting can be completely 100% online. The degree is designed to strengthen your management skills as you build on your foundation in entrepreneurship, business, and management in a variety of organizations, while also offering a concentration area in Accounting.
Liberty’s Online Master of Science in Accounting – Taxation Degree Information and Requirements
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- View all of the Graduate School of Business Course Syllabi (login required).
- Accounting coursework may be used towards accrual of hours needed to sit for the CPA exam.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options for the M.S. in Taxation
Graduates who complete the online Master of Science in Accounting – Taxation will have the opportunity to pursue careers opportunities, including:
- Audit Accountant
- Business Owner
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Finance Manager
- Tax Auditor
Admission Requirements for Our Online Master of Science in Accounting – Taxation Degree
Applicants must have a Regionally or Nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
Please Note: The Master of Science in Accounting requires specific accounting coursework as a prerequisite to admission.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.