Improve Your Career Prospects with a Master’s Degree in Taxation
Filing taxes can be a daunting task – one that confuses and overwhelms many people every year. How can companies and individuals get the help they need with tax preparation? The answer is tax accountants. Tax professionals possess an in-depth understanding of tax laws, allowing them to help clients understand and comply with tax regulations.
If you want to launch an exciting career in tax accounting, Liberty’s online Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) – Taxation is a great next step to take in your academic and professional journey. This degree can enable you to capitalize on the growing demand for tax accountants and auditors. You’ll gain advanced business and accounting skills that will help boost your résumé and increase your marketability.
Partner with us and earn a degree that can maximize your potential as a working professional in the business world.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online MSA in Taxation Program?
Choosing Liberty means choosing a degree that works for you. We’re committed to helping you achieve your goals, which is why we offer affordable, accessible, and high-quality online programs. With our master’s in taxation, you can enrich your understanding of accounting and prepare to lead with skill and integrity in the business industry.
At Liberty, we’re committed to providing you with the following benefits:
Flexibility | If you’re worried that school will get in the way of your other commitments and priorities, we have just what you need. With our 100% online taxation program, you can complete your degree from the comfort of your home and log into your courses when it’s most convenient for you. The best part? You won’t have to relocate or take time off from work to attend on-campus classes.
Quality Academics | We’ve designed our curriculum with your success in mind. In this program, you’ll learn from professors who have extensive, real-world experience in financial accounting. Drawing on what they have learned in their own careers, they can provide top-notch instruction that prepares you for professional success. Our online business programs are based on cutting-edge research and are accredited by the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Comprehensive Curriculum | At Liberty, you’ll gain more than professional knowledge and on-the-job skills. You’ll also learn how to live out ethical principles in your career. After completing this degree, you’ll be equipped to enter the workforce, advance in your current career, or continue your education. Whatever your goals are, we can help you achieve them.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Master’s in Accounting and Taxation Courses?
Learn how to help businesses and individuals abide by local, state, and federal tax laws.
A master’s in taxation is a flexible degree that can lead to a variety of career opportunities. You could oversee the operations of a tax office, help individuals or corporations file their income tax returns, or help clients minimize their tax liability. By completing our M.S. in Taxation, you’ll understand practical methods for preserving honesty, integrity, and efficiency in the tax process.
Our core accounting courses dive into a variety of advanced topics, such as business law, tax research and jurisprudence, accounting theory, auditing, and accounting ethics. You’ll explore how to use the latest technology to solve many types of accounting problems. You’ll also learn how to help businesses make wise financial decisions and plan for the future.
Prepare to protect the financial future of the individuals, companies, and nonprofits you care about. Through our taxation cognate, you will gain specialized knowledge that can enhance your career readiness and marketability. You’ll develop a thorough understanding of tax laws, policies, and procedures so that you can help your business avoid tax audits. With training from our expert faculty, you can help people navigate the complexities of estate, trust, and gift taxation, enabling them to become good stewards of their money.
- ACCT 521 – Advanced Cost Accounting
- ACCT 612 – Tax Research and Jurisprudence
- ACCT 614 – Estate, Trust, and Gift Taxation
- ACCT 616 – Advanced Topics in Individual and Pass-Through Taxation
Highlights of Liberty’s Online Taxation Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online MSA in Taxation degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- Our MSA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Having an ACBSP-accredited degree may give you a competitive advantage in the job market and help you stand out to employers.
- When paired with an undergraduate degree in accounting, Liberty’s online master’s in taxation can help you meet the requirements to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Exam.
- Our online courses are only 8 weeks long with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- You can complete this online degree in just 1 year.
- As an online student at Liberty, you can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal.
- While completing this program, you’ll get to network with accounting students and professionals from across the country.
MSA in Taxation Degree Information
- This program falls under Liberty University’s School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our master’s in taxation online degree.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Master’s in Taxation Online Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
What Can You Do with a Master’s in Tax and Accounting?
Earning an MSA can equip you for many jobs in the world of business and accounting. Some of these roles include:
- Audit accountant
- Business owner
- Certified public accountant (CPA)
- Chief financial officer (CFO)
- Finance manager
- Financial advisor
- Tax auditor
- Tax consultant
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online Master’s in Accounting and Taxation Program
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
Please note: The Master of Science in Accounting requires specific accounting coursework as a prerequisite to admission.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.