Take the First Step toward a Rewarding Career with Liberty’s Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting
Liberty University’s 100% online undergraduate accounting certificate provides foundational knowledge of accounting methods and practices. Whether you’re taking the first step toward pursuing a bachelor’s degree in accounting, or you are seeking to improve your skills, our online accounting courses will equip you with the foundational knowledge of finance, business, and management you need to succeed in many competitive business industries.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting?
Liberty University’s mission is to equip students with a solid understanding of accounting principles through our carefully selected foundational courses. Each course in our online undergraduate accounting certificate is offered 100% online, allowing you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community while you complete your education.
By earning your undergraduate accounting certificate online at Liberty University, you can enter the workforce with valuable accounting knowledge and skills.
What Will You Learn in the Online Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting?
Our online undergraduate certificate in accounting provides seven foundational business and accounting courses that will help you transition into an accounting role in your current field, or provide additional training you need to take the first steps toward a career in accounting. You will learn how to complete basic transactions and manage general ledger accounts while learning the fundamentals of managerial accounting with an emphasis on financial statement analysis. You will also receive an overview of business law and the principles of management that will add to your marketability as a future accounting professional.
- ACCT 211 — Financial Accounting
- ACCT 212 — Managerial Accounting
- https://liberty.campusconcourse.com/view_syllabus?course_id=39033&public_mode=1 — Intermediate Accounting I
- ACCT 302 — Intermediate Accounting II
- https://liberty.campusconcourse.com/view_syllabus?course_id=39035&public_mode=1 — Cost Accounting I
- ACCT 401 — Taxation I
- ACCT 404 — Auditing
Online Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting Program Highlights
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years — and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning your Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- You can complete our online Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting in about 2 semesters.
Online Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Certificate Programs
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative combined GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended and complete the High School Self-Certification form. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.