Guide Your Business to Financial Success with an Online Master of Science in Accounting – Leadership Degree
Liberty University’s online MS in Accounting – Leadership, is designed to equip you to capitalize on the growing demand for highly qualified leaders in the field of accounting. Building upon your accounting foundation, you will increase your marketability for leadership positions and increased pay developing your skills in financial reporting, taxation, and auditing while incorporating a rigorous, Christ-centered focus on the skills necessary for effective leadership. Through the online Master’s in Accounting – Leadership, you will become fluent in the latest business technologies used to solve common and complex financial challenges and be training in the industry’s best practices needed to excel in your career.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master’s in Accounting – Leadership Program?
Managers and leaders in the accounting field require not only a high level of technical competence but for them to exhibit high moral character and ethics. When you earn an MS in Accounting- Leadership from Liberty University Online, you will be grounded in the biblical principles needed to make difficult strategic and ethical decisions that will successfully lead teams and companies towards accomplishing their financial goals.
The online Master’s in Accounting – Leadership program is taught by business industry-leading Christian faculty, so you will graduate with confidence that your accounting and leadership expertise is rooted in real-world experience. This combination of industry expertise and biblical ethics is critical to prepare you to be a successful leader in the accounting field.
Honor Society and Advanced Certificates
- Did you know Liberty University has a Sigma Beta Delta chapter? Learn more about membership opportunities.
- Accounting coursework can be used towards accrual of hours needed to sit for the CPA exam.
Accreditations and Awards
What Will You Learn in the Online Master’s in Accounting – Leadership?
In the online Master’s in Accounting – Leadership program, you will be guided through a focused study on leadership and management skills that emphasize their impact on effective accounting practice. You will study essential leadership theories and practices that bridge the gap between the quantitative nature of the accounting field and the qualitative nature of leadership.
The online Masters in Accounting – Leadership degree will ensure that you have marketable expertise in advanced accounting practice and have excellent leadership skills.
Highlights of the Online Master’s in Accounting – Leadership Program
- By earning your Master’s in Accounting – Leadership Degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Students can complete the online Master’s in Accounting – Leadership degree program in as little as one year.
- The MS in Accounting – Leadership is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Industry Outlook: The US Department of Labor projects an 11 percent growth for areas of accounting and business, a faster than average growth for all occupations. As globalization increases and the economy grows, there is an increasingly complex tax and regulatory environment. The changing financial landscape creates a strong demand for accountants and auditors.*
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in Accounting and Leadership.
Similar Online Degree Programs
Master of Science in Accounting Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- View all of the Graduate School of Business Course Syllabi (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate students (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options with an MS in Accounting – Leadership Degree
The Master’s degree in Accounting – Leadership will prepare you for advanced positions in private, public, profit, and non-profit accounting careers. The Accounting Audit focus allows you to direct your studies to become more valuable in the areas of advanced research, financial statement analysis, and fraudulence reporting.
Potential career options include, but are not limited to:
- Budget Analyst
- Credit Analyst
- Postsecondary Accounting Educator
* Data obtained from the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) under the sponsorship of the U.S. Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Information obtained on September 19, 2017
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Accounting – Leadership
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
Please Note: The Master of Science in Accounting requires specific accounting coursework as a prerequisite to admission.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts; if not available, submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.