Lead Your Business to Financial Success with an Online Master of Science in Accounting – Leadership Degree
Do you want to move into leadership positions within your organization while developing strong accounting skills? If so, then our Master of Science in Accounting – Leadership may be for you!
Our program is designed to sharpen your skills in auditing, accounting, and leadership so that you are well prepared to move into positions of added responsibility. Our Master of Science in Accounting – Leadership program blends leadership and accounting courses so that you can be well prepared to meet the needs of a variety of organizations. Liberty University’s online MS in Accounting is designed to help fine-tune your auditing, managerial, and financial accounting skills while fostering our mission of Training Champions for Christ.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master of Science in Accounting – Leadership Program?
If you desire to lead in the field of accounting, technical knowledge and competence are important. As you pursue your master’s in accounting (MAcc), our professors are dedicated to partnering with you and mentoring you while helping refine your understanding of both accountancy and leadership. At Liberty, you won’t just be taking online accounting courses — you can become more equipped to engage in the financial and accounting world with confidence and integrity. Whether you are just beginning your accounting career or are a seasoned veteran in the accountancy space, a Master of Science in Accounting – Leadership from Liberty can help prepare you to take the next step in achieving your goals.
Our online MS in accounting – leadership program is taught by faculty who have years of experience in both accounting and leadership. Not only does Liberty have talented faculty who have advanced degrees in related areas of study, but Liberty has both institutional and program-specific approval. Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on College (SACSCOC) and our Master of Science in Accounting is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). With recognition like this, you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education.
What Will You Learn in the Online Master of Science in Accounting – Leadership?
In your online master’s in accounting – leadership program, you can blend praxis and theory as you take courses in leadership and management as well as ethics and auditing. You will study essential leadership theories and practices that bridge the gap between the quantitative nature of the accounting field and the qualitative nature of leadership.
Throughout your program, you will complete leadership research assignments and study the heart of servant leadership and its applications within the business world. In addition, as a MAcc student, you will study many other subjects in our accounting master’s program, including:
- Cost accounting
- Executive leadership and management
- Servant leadership
- Tax research and jurisprudence
Our online master’s in accounting program can help prepare you with marketable expertise in advanced accounting practice and excellent leadership skills.
- ACCT 511 – Advanced Business Law for Accountants
- ACCT 642 – Accounting Ethics
- BUSI 502 – Servant Leadership
- BUSI 503 – Leadership Theory
Highlights of the Online Master’s in Accounting – Leadership Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online master’s in accounting degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete the online MS in Accounting – Leadership degree program in as little as 1 year.
- The MS in Accounting – Leadership is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in accounting.
- Did you know Liberty University has a Sigma Beta Delta chapter? Learn more about membership opportunities.
- Our master’s in accounting online could potentially help you sit for the CPA*
*State requirements may vary — please check your state’s requirements
Master of Science in Accounting Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Master of Science in Accounting Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Options with a MS in Accounting – Leadership
As a graduate of our Master of Science in Accounting – Leadership, you can be prepared for a variety of career options. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that accounting and auditing jobs will increase steadily over the next several years – so you can be confident that our master’s in accounting can help equip you for in-demand careers.* Some potential career options include:
- Budget analyst
- Credit analyst
- Postsecondary accounting educator
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Accountants and Auditors (viewed online February 11, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Accounting – Leadership
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
Additionally, students are required to have taken the following courses prior to admission to the Master of Science in Accounting program.
- ACCT 211 (Financial Accounting)
- ACCT 212 (Managerial Accounting)
- ACCT 301 (Intermediate Accounting I)
- ACCT 302 (Intermediate Accounting II)
- ACCT 311 (Cost Accounting)
- ACCT 401 (Taxation)
- ACCT 404 (Auditing)
If you do not meet the undergraduate prerequisites for this program, you may be able to meet these requirements by pursuing an Undergraduate Accounting Certificate.
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.