Guide Your Business to Financial Success with an Online Master of Science in Accounting – Leadership Degree
Liberty University’s online M.S. in Accounting – Leadership is designed to equip you to capitalize on the growing demand for highly qualified leaders in the field of accounting. Building upon your accounting foundation, you will increase your marketability for leadership positions and increased pay, developing your skills in financial reporting, taxation, and auditing while incorporating a rigorous, Christ-centered focus on the skills necessary for effective leadership.
Through the online master’s in accounting – leadership, you will become fluent in the latest business technologies used to solve common and complex financial challenges and be trained in the industry’s best practices needed to excel in your career.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master’s in Accounting – Leadership Program?
Managers and leaders in the accounting field require a high level of technical competence as well as moral character and ethics. When you earn an M.S. in Accounting — Leadership from Liberty University, you will be grounded in the biblical principles needed to make difficult strategic and ethical decisions that will successfully lead teams and companies towards accomplishing their financial goals.
The online master’s in accounting – leadership program is taught by industry-leading Christian faculty, so you will graduate with confidence that your accounting and leadership expertise is rooted in real-world experience. This combination of industry expertise and biblical ethics is critical to prepare you to be a successful leader in the accounting field.
Honor Society and Advanced Certificates
- Did you know Liberty University has a Sigma Beta Delta chapter? Learn more about membership opportunities.
- Accounting coursework can be used towards accrual of hours needed to sit for the CPA exam.
What Will You Learn in the Online Master’s in Accounting – Leadership?
In the online master’s in accounting – leadership program, you will be guided through a focused study on leadership and management principles and the resulting impact on effective accounting practice. You will study essential leadership theories and practices that bridge the gap between the quantitative nature of the accounting field and the qualitative nature of leadership.
The online master’s in accounting – leadership degree will ensure that you have marketable expertise in advanced accounting practice and have excellent leadership skills.
- ACCT 511 — Business Law for Accountants*
- ACCT 642 — Accounting Ethics*
- BUSI 502 — Servant Leadership
- BUSI 503 — Leadership Theory
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of the Online Master’s in Accounting — Leadership Program
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online master’s in accounting degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Students can complete the online M.S. in Accounting – Leadership degree program in as little as 1 year.
- The M.S. in Accounting – Leadership is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in accounting.
Master of Science in Accounting Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- View all of the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with an M.S. in Accounting – Leadership
The master’s degree in accounting – leadership will prepare you for advanced positions in private, public, for-profit, and nonprofit accounting careers. The accounting audit focus allows you to direct your studies to become more valuable in the areas of advanced research, financial statement analysis, and fraudulence reporting.
Potential career options include, but are not limited to:
- Budget analyst
- Credit analyst
- Postsecondary accounting educator
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Accounting – Leadership
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
Please note: The Master of Science in Accounting requires specific accounting coursework as a prerequisite to admission.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.