Invest in Your Future with a Master’s in Accounting Online Degree
As globalization increases and the economy grows, there is an increasingly complex tax and regulatory environment. The changing financial landscape creates a steady demand for accountants and auditors.
To take advantage of this demand for a rewarding career, you will need to gain important skills and knowledge in assessing business data so that you can help companies and organizations make informed, evidence-based decisions. Liberty University’s Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) online is a valuable degree to have in private and public markets and provides many employment opportunities, especially when students complete requirements to become a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Our master’s degree in accounting is designed to prepare you with critical knowledge and skills in business concepts for a successful accounting career. You will also get the content that can count toward the 150 hours of formal education required to sit for the CPA exam. Our MSA degree will help you gain the excellent oral and written skills needed in the accounting field, ensuring that you graduate with a well-rounded degree.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Accounting Online Degree?
Our online master’s in accounting degree will provide you with advanced training in accounting practices and techniques that will help you transition from a general business background to a specialized accounting role, or help you pursue more advanced studies in accounting in line with pursuing a CPA certification. You can work at a pace that best fits into your work and family schedule with our convenient 8-week courses, all offered 100% online.
Our master’s in accounting degree is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). You will learn from professors who are business professionals with real-world experiences and provide useful lessons grounded in faith-based principles. Moreover, online doesn’t mean alone. You can gain valuable networking opportunities and interaction with other business professionals from around the country.
What Will You Learn in the Master’s in Accounting Online Degree?
Liberty University’s master’s in accounting online degree provides training in accounting concepts that can apply to any industry. Throughout the degree, you will learn how to provide critical insight into analyzing and interpreting business data to any business or company you work with.
Our general accounting specialization allows you to choose from business and management courses like strategic leadership and management, entrepreneurship, effective executive communication, and international business to advance your training in learning evidence-based business decision making.
- ACCT 511 – Advanced Business Law for Accountants
- ACCT 612 – Tax Research and Jurisprudence
- ACCT 622 – Advanced Auditing
- ACCT 642 – Accounting Ethics
What are the Benefits of Liberty’s Master’s in Accounting Online Degree?
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Master of Science in Accounting degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- You can complete the online master’s in accounting in under 2 years.
- The MS in Accounting is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Accounting coursework can be used towards accrual of hours needed to sit for the CPA exam.
Master’s Degree in Accounting Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides. (login required)
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options for Online Master’s Degree in Accounting Graduates
After completing Liberty University’s master’s in accounting online degree, you will be prepared for accounting, auditing, and management roles, as well as have the general business skills and knowledge important for successful business ownership. With an ACBSP-accredited master’s in accounting from Liberty University, you can be confident that your degree will meet the standards set by exclusive business organizations and public roles.
You can pursue a career as a(n):
- Audit accountant
- Business owner
- Certified public accountant
- Personal financial advisor
- Finance manager
Admission Requirements for the Online MS in Accounting Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
*Please Note: The Master of Science in Accounting requires specific accounting coursework as a prerequisite to admission.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.