Take your First Steps Towards Earning your Master of Science in Accounting – Audit and Financial Reporting!
Liberty University’s Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs accredited Master of Science in Accounting with a specialization in Audit and Financial Reporting enables you to capitalize on the growing demand for highly qualified accountants and financial auditors. Building upon your accounting foundation, you will increase your marketability for accounting audit jobs by thoroughly exploring Sarbanes-Oxley and other accounting laws and policies that must be followed for companies to comply with increasingly strict federal requirements. You will become fluent in the latest technologies used to solve common and complex auditing challenges. The Master’s degree curriculum aligns with industry best practices that are necessary to excel in your career.
Why Choose Liberty’s MS in Accounting – Audit and Financial Reporting Degree Program?
A career in accounting requires the highest level of personal ethics to ensure accuracy and security, particularly critical to financial auditing and fraud prevention. When you earn an auditing Master’s degree from Liberty University, you will be grounded in the biblical principles needed to make the most difficult business decisions as you examine reports and activities for mistakes and fraudulent activity. Additionally, the program is taught by industry-leading Christian faculty, so you will graduate knowing that your accounting, financial, and ethical expertise is of the highest quality. This combination of industry expertise and biblical ethics is critical in the highly detail-oriented and complex industries of Accounting and Financial Auditing.
What Will You Learn in the MS in Accounting – Audit and Financial Reporting Online Degree?
While many foundational accounting courses are found within other majors and areas of study, the Audit and Financial Reporting specialization will provide you with courses that are essential for a higher level understanding of your desired field. Our graduate Audit and Financial Reporting program will prepare you for a successful career or pave the way to pursue higher education through strategically designed courses which work together to give you a well-rounded education. You will learn the application of various financial, analytical, and decision-making methods used by financial managers through demonstration and practical applications.
Each course is taught by professors who have a passion for their field in addition to real-life experience working with content covered. Your professors will be able to guide and direct you as they teach relevant skills and concepts from a Christian perspective.
- ACCT 622- Advanced Auditing
- ACCT 642- Accounting Ethics
- ACCT 635- Advanced Research for Financial Reporting*
- BUSI 532- Advanced Financial Statement Analysis
*Course guide not available
Highlights of an Online Auditing Master’s Degree
- By earning your Master’s in Accounting – Audit and Financial Reporting Degree from a non-profit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- The MS in Accounting: Audit and Financial Reporting is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Industry Outlook: The US Department of Labor projects an 11 percent growth in the coming years, a faster than average growth for all occupations. As globalization increases and the economy grows, there is an increasingly complex tax and regulatory environment. The changing financial landscape creates a strong demand for accountants and auditors.*
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in the accounting and finance fields from across the country.
*Data obtained from the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) under sponsorship of the U.S. Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Information obtained on September 19, 2017.
- 100% online
- 30 total hours
- 21 hours are dedicated to core accounting courses.
- 9 hours are focused on additional accounting audit courses.
- Up to 50% of the program hours may be transferred in from previous coursework.
- Use your life experiences to earn more credit through Liberty University.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- View all of the Graduate School of Business Course Syllabi (login required).
- Did you know Liberty University has a Sigma Beta Delta chapter? Learn more about membership opportunities.
- Accounting coursework can be used towards accrual of hours needed to sit for the CPA exam.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options with a Master’s Degree in Accounting
The Master’s degree in Accounting – Audit and Financial Reporting will prepare you for advanced positions in private, public, profit, and non-profit accounting settings. The Accounting Audit focus allows you to direct your studies to become more valuable in the areas of advanced research, financial statement analysis, and fraudulence reporting.
Potential career options include, but are not limited to:
- Financial Examiner
- Financial Fraud Analyst
- Revenue Agent
Admission Requirements for the Online MS in Accounting Program
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
*Please Note: The Master of Science in Accounting requires specific accounting coursework as a prerequisite to admission.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.