Gain Advanced Accounting Knowledge by Earning a Master of Science in Accounting – Audit and Financial Reporting!
Liberty University’s Master of Science in Accounting, with a specialization in audit and financial reporting, enables you to capitalize on the growing demand for highly qualified accountants and financial auditors. Building upon your accounting foundation, you will increase your marketability for accounting audit jobs by thoroughly exploring Sarbanes-Oxley and other accounting laws and policies that must be followed for companies to comply with increasingly strict federal requirements. You will become fluent in the latest technologies used to solve common and complex auditing challenges.
This online accounting master’s degree is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) which means our program has met rigorous academic standards and requirements. With an accredited accounting degree and a curriculum that aligns with industry best practices, you will be set up for success in a future career in accounting and financial management.
Why Choose Liberty’s M.S. in Accounting – Audit and Financial Reporting Degree Program?
A career in accounting requires the highest level of personal ethics to ensure accuracy and security of a company or business, particularly critical to financial auditing and fraud prevention. Throughout your auditing master’s degree, you will receive instruction from a foundation of biblical principles which are needed to make the most difficult business decisions as you examine reports and activities for mistakes and fraudulent activity.
Additionally, this program is taught by industry-leading Christian faculty, so you will graduate knowing that your accounting, financial, and ethical expertise is of the highest quality. This combination of industry expertise and biblical ethics is critical in the highly detail-oriented and complex industries of accounting and financial auditing.
What Will You Learn in the M.S. in Accounting – Audit and Financial Reporting Online Degree?
While many foundational accounting courses are found within other majors and areas of study, the audit and financial reporting specialization will provide you with courses that are essential for a higher-level understanding of your desired field. Our graduate audit and financial reporting program will prepare you for a successful career and pave the way to pursue higher education.
Throughout this degree, you will learn the application of various financial, analytical, and decision-making methods used by financial managers through demonstration and practical applications. Each course is taught by professors who have a passion for their field in addition to experience working with the content covered. Your professors will be able to guide and direct you as they teach relevant skills and concepts from a Christian perspective.
- ACCT 622- Advanced Auditing
- ACCT 642- Accounting Ethics
- ACCT 635- Advanced Research for Financial Reporting
- BUSI 532- Advanced Financial Statement Analysis
Highlights of the Online Auditing Master’s Degree
- By earning your Master of Science in Accounting – Audit and Financial Reporting degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- The M.S. in Accounting – Audit and Financial Reporting is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Industry Outlook: The US Department of Labor projects an 11 percent growth in the coming years, a faster than average growth for all occupations. As globalization increases and the economy grows, there is an increasingly complex tax and regulatory environment. The changing financial landscape creates a strong demand for accountants and auditors.*
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in the accounting and finance fields from across the country.
*Data obtained from the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) under sponsorship of the U.S. Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Information obtained on September 19, 2017.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- View all of the graduate School of Business Course Guides (login required).
- Up to 50% of the program hours may be transferred in from previous coursework.
- Use your life experiences to earn more credit through Liberty University.
- Did you know Liberty University has a Sigma Beta Delta chapter? Learn more about membership opportunities.
- Accounting coursework can be used towards accrual of hours needed to sit for the CPA exam.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options with a Master’s Degree in Accounting
The master’s degree in accounting – audit and financial reporting will prepare you for advanced positions in private, public, profit, and non-profit accounting settings. The accounting audit focus allows you to direct your studies to become more valuable in the areas of advanced research, financial statement analysis, and fraudulence reporting.
Potential career options include, but are not limited to:
- Financial examiner
- Financial fraud analyst
- Revenue agent
Admission Requirements for the Online M.S. in Accounting Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
*Please Note: The Master of Science in Accounting requires specific accounting coursework as a prerequisite to admission.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.