Gain Advanced Accounting Knowledge with Liberty’s Master’s Degree Program in Auditing and Financial Reporting
Liberty’s online M.S. in Accounting – Audit and Financial Reporting degree can help you capitalize on the growing demand for highly qualified accountants and financial auditors. Building upon your previous studies, this program provides advanced training in accounting laws, policies, and technologies used to solve auditing challenges. You can learn how to produce accurate financial reports and help companies comply with increasingly strict federal requirements.
Our auditing master’s degree is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), which means this program has met rigorous academic standards and requirements. With an accredited degree and a curriculum that aligns with industry best practices, you can enrich your understanding of the accounting field.
Partner with us and prepare to serve as a Champion for Christ in the workplace!
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Auditing Online Degree Program?
A career in accounting requires the highest level of personal ethics to ensure the accuracy and security of important financial information. Throughout Liberty’s auditing classes online, you will analyze financial auditing and fraud prevention through the lens of a biblical worldview.
Our master’s in accounting can help you qualify to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam.* Becoming a CPA may help open you up to new job opportunities!
At Liberty, you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to pursue your degree from the comfort of your home. We offer our audit and financial reporting master’s in a 100% online, 8-week course format. You can complete your coursework wherever and whenever it’s most convenient for you, while still gaining access to many of the same great resources offered on our residential campus!
This program is led by industry experts who are firmly rooted in the Christian faith. Our faculty are ready and eager to help you achieve your goals and boost your expertise. And, because this degree is ACBSP accredited, you can be confident that our curriculum provides rigorous, high-quality training in auditing and accounting.
*Please check with your state’s Board of Accountancy to verify CPA exam requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does “audit” mean in the field of accounting?
Financial auditors review financial records for accuracy, typically in the context of a business or nonprofit organization. They also seek to ensure that these records comply with relevant laws and regulations, thus helping companies avoid legal issues.
How much can I earn with a master’s degree in auditing and financial reporting?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, accountants and auditors earn approximately $78,000 per year.* By completing your master’s degree, you could earn as much as 16% more each year than your professional peers who only have a bachelor’s degree!** Our M.S. in Accounting can help you gain the tools you need to pursue exciting, lucrative job opportunities.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Accountants and Auditors (viewed online Nov. 21, 2023). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment (viewed online Nov. 21, 2023). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
How long does it take to complete a master’s in auditing?
You can finish our audit and financial reporting program in just 1 year! We offer a fast, flexible path to graduation that lets you earn your degree without putting your life on hold.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s Degree in Auditing and Financial Reporting?
This program covers a wide range of topics in order to help you build a diverse skill set. Within the core accounting courses, you’ll study business law, accounting information systems, advanced auditing, and tax research. You will also learn how to conduct internal audits and apply accounting theory to complex accounting problems.
Companies of all sizes desperately need financial professionals who can help them comply with legal procedures and fight fraud. At Liberty, you can get the training you need to help meet this need. Our audit and financial reporting cognate can help you develop advanced skills in research, fraud detection, and financial statement analysis.
Whether you’re looking to work in corporate finance or the nonprofit sector, our master’s in auditing can help. Throughout this program, you’ll explore advanced methods for reporting fraud, evaluating a company’s financial stability, and making important business decisions. With guidance from our seasoned faculty, you can build on your previous education and dive deeper into the world of accounting.
- ACCT 622 – Advanced Auditing
- ACCT 635 – Advanced Research for Financial Reporting
- ACCT 642 – Accounting Ethics
- BUSI 532 – Advanced Financial Statement Analysis
Highlights of Our Auditing Master’s Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online master’s in audit and financial reporting degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- Our master’s in auditing and financial reporting is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation.
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with experts in accounting and finance from across the country.
Online Master’s in Auditing and Accounting Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our master’s degree in auditing and financial reporting.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Master’s in Auditing Degree Online
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Options with a Master’s in Audit and Financial Reporting
Our Master of Science in Accounting – Audit and Financial Reporting program can help you pursue advanced financial management positions in private, public, and nonprofit accounting settings.
Some of the roles you may qualify for include:
- Financial examiner
- Financial fraud analyst
- Managerial accountant
- Revenue agent
Admission Requirements for the Online M.S. in Accounting Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
Please note: The Master of Science in Accounting requires specific accounting coursework as a prerequisite to admission.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.