Launch Your Career in IT with Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
Ever since the rise of the Information Age and the explosion of digital technology, individuals with expertise in information technology have experienced a boom in career opportunities. And the industry hasn’t stopped growing! Prepare to join one of the most evolving job fields with a bachelor’s degree in information technology from Liberty University.
Our B.S. in Information Technology provides the skill set you need to succeed in a variety of information technology careers. With a degree in information technology, you can pursue positions in software development, computer programming, IT support, computer forensics, information security, and computer networks. Also, you can work in settings ranging from businesses to hospitals to IT consulting companies. Your degree in information technology can open up a world of career possibilities.
Not only are you preparing for more job options with a degree in information technology, but you are also entering a field that forecasts consistent growth. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that computer and information technology occupations will grow 12% from 2018 to 2028, which is much faster than all other occupations.* With the rapid growth of the information technology field, now is the perfect time to turn your passion for technology into a financially rewarding career.
With Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Information Technology degree, you can be ready to meet the growing need for information technology professionals in the workforce. You will be equipped to identify, address, and determine technology solutions while taking on real-world projects in your field. Earn a degree in information technology and prepare for a dynamic, rewarding career!
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Information Technology Degree?
By pursuing your information technology degree online, you will receive access to Liberty’s wealth of resources while still maintaining the flexibility you need to stay involved in your life, family, and career. And when you pursue your online degree in information technology with Liberty, you join an award-winning program with industry-trained faculty who will help you integrate your faith into your professional life.
Through our unique online information technology degree, students have the opportunity to select an area of specialization that best fits their interests and career goals. Areas include application and database development, data networking and security, game design, and web and mobile programming. Each of these online information technology degree specializations can provide you with an in-depth study in your desired IT interest.
It is our mission to provide you with the most up-to-date tools, training, and information to succeed in your career, and we do that by staying current on all technological advancements for our information technology degree.
Highlights of Pursuing Liberty’s Information Technology Degree Online
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online information technology degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- As a student in our information technology degree online, you will have access to a wide variety of resources through Liberty’s research portal.
- You can increase your job opportunities by completing an online information technology degree.
- You can transfer in up to 75% of your Bachelor of Science in Information Technology degree.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- B.S. in Business Administration – Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration can help you master skills relevant to both the domestic and international marketplace, including general business, accounting, finance, and marketing.
- B.S. in Information Systems – Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Information Systems strives to provide students with an applied knowledge of technology, focusing on the information side of the technology industry. This degree is concerned with optimizing computer technology so that it can provide maximum benefit to your business.
Information Technology Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Liberty’s B.S. in Information Technology Degree Information
- Our information technology degree falls under the School of Business.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Application and Database Development
Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Information Technology – Application and Database Development degree will prepare you to develop innovative solutions to the challenges information technology presents to businesses. You will be trained in web application, architecture, and database development. Your online database design classes will cover topics like Oracle and C# planning as well as new and emerging technologies.
Additionally, classes within our online information technology bachelor’s degree will help prepare you to take the A+ certification exam through the Computing Technology Industry Association and refine your programming skills while learning advanced concepts. By pursuing a degree in information technology with a specialization in application and database development, you can be equipped to be an innovator and problem-solver for any business.
- CSIS 209 – C# Programming
- CSIS 327 – Introduction to Oracle
- CSIS 328 – Advanced Oracle
- CSIS 410 – Web Enterprise Technologies
Potential Career Options
- Application designer
- Database administrator
- Database analyst
- Software programmer
Data Networking and Security
Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Information Technology – Gaming Design degree equips you with the technical skills necessary for success in the video game industry. Our online game design bachelor’s degree program is ranked #1 by Bestcolleges.com for “Best Online Programs: Bachelor’s in Video Game Design.”
With our 100% online gaming design degree, you can get a well-rounded foundation that will set you apart from others in the industry. While learning essential technical skills in computer science, you will also develop valuable graphic design, imaging, and C# programming skills. Whether you are looking to be a game artist, game designer, or programmer, a degree in game design from Liberty University can equip you with the skills to become an asset to any employer.
Liberty’s Online Information Technology – Video Game Design Degree Awards
- BestColleges.com ranked Liberty’s information technology in gaming design degree #1 for “Best Online Video Game Design Programs.”
- AffordableColleges.com ranked our information technology – gaming design as the #1 “Most Affordable Online Bachelor’s Degree in Game Design.”
- ARTS 222 – Introduction to Graphic Design
- ARTS 342 – Digital Imaging
- ARTS 473 – Introduction to 3D Graphics
- ARTS 474 – Interactive Game Development
Potential Career Options
- Creative director
- Graphics director
- Mobile user interface designer
- Video game design manager
Web and Mobile Programming
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Information Technology Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Potential Career Options with a B.S. in Information Technology
With the field of information technology expanding more every day, your degree will be invaluable. And with courses ranging from programming to video game design to data security, your options within the industry are limitless.
Some of the positions our online students in the IT program often pursue after graduation include:
- Computer programmer
- Computer gaming designer
- Database administrator
- Information security specialist
- Network administrator
- Software developer
- System administrator
- Web developer
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Computer and information technology occupations (viewed online August 30, 2019). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.