Design Your Career with a Bachelor’s Degree in Web and Mobile Programming
In today’s world, technology and the Internet impact almost every aspect of people’s lives. To ensure that websites run smoothly and perform all of their necessary functions, web programmers are needed — individuals who handle the technical aspects of the Internet, like writing codes that carry out certain tasks on the web.
Are you interested in creating websites that work across a variety of platforms? If so, Liberty’s online B.S. in Information Technology (IT) might be the degree for you. You can complete a specialization in web and mobile programming, giving you the skills needed to develop high-quality websites that work on mobile, tablet, and large screen browsers.
By earning your degree from Liberty University, you can make a positive and lasting impact on the world as you lead with excellence and integrity in the field of IT.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s Degree in Web Design and Development?
At Liberty, our goal is to help you become a skilled professional who lives out Christian principles in the workplace. Your information technology courses will be taught from a biblical worldview, equipping you to integrate Christian principles and high ethical standards into your career.
We believe that you can pursue your academic goals without putting your life on hold. We have designed our program to offer you a flexible and accessible education. When you get your online IT degree at Liberty, you can complete all of your classes from the comfort of your own home. This will allow you to continue focusing on your family, job, and other priorities.
Your time at Liberty University will provide you with a network of alumni, faculty, and classmates who have similar goals, aspirations, and callings. You will be able to rely on that network of professionals for support as you enter your career in web and mobile programming — no matter where your career leads you. You will also learn from professors who have real-world experience in the IT industry. With their instruction, you can gain the tools you need to succeed.
What degree should I get for web development?
Choosing your degree is an important step in your career journey. This can set the tone for the knowledge and skills you’ll receive as well as what companies will offer you a job.
Liberty’s online web development degree can help you meet your professional goals and land the job you want. Here’s why:
- Credibility — Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This means you’re earning your degree from a school that is well-respected and has met rigorous accreditation standards.
- Experienced faculty — Your major courses are taught by professionals in the IT industry. These individuals have years of experience in the field, and they’re ready to share what they have learned with you.
- Flexibility — Because your program can be completed 100% online, you can continue gaining hands-on experience in your field while working on your degree.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Web Development Degree?
At Liberty, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. Our online bachelor’s in web and mobile programming degree will help you develop the values, knowledge, and skills you need to design effective web and mobile programs based on industry best practices. You’ll receive hands-on training that will let you apply what you’ve learned to on-the-job scenarios.
There is a growing need for people experienced in web and mobile programming, and our online program will prepare you for an exciting, rewarding career in this field. Your courses will include training in a broad range of relevant topics such as:
- Database management
- Human-computer interaction
- Information and computing sciences
- Information security
- Mobile programming languages
- Web architecture
Through this program, you will learn how to blend information technology with business practices and how to design web and mobile pages using innovative methods that meet company objectives. In your client-side programming classes, you will learn how to utilize the dynamics of Internet technologies, how to build web applications, and how to develop programming on mobile platforms.
Choose this degree and gain a skill set that will let you accomplish many tasks. You may end up building websites, designing responsive content, using cross-platform operating systems, or creating software for consumer apps.
All of your courses will challenge you to engage with modern technology to ensure you are up to date on the most current technical knowledge, processes, and programs. Additionally, you’ll learn how to prepare for the business environment — that way, you’ll know what to expect in an information systems career.
After completing this degree, you’ll have the tools you need to work in a variety of industries. You can become a highly sought-after professional who has marketable skills that are needed in every sector of the job market.
- BUSI 390 — Business Common Professional Components
- CSIS 315 — Client-Side Programming
- CSIS 316 — Server-Side Programming
- CSIS 408 — Web and Mobile Programming
Highlights of Our B.S. in Mobile and Web Technology Degree
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online B.S. in Information Technology – Web and Mobile Programming degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- You can complete this online bachelor’s degree in web and mobile programming in as little as 3.5 years.
Online Bachelor’s in Mobile and Web Development Degree Program Information
- This online degree program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this bachelor’s program.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
- Windows 8 or 10 OS is recommended for our online IT bachelor’s degree classes.
Military Benefits for Our Online Bachelor’s Degree in Internet Technology and Web Design
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
What Can You Do with a Web and Mobile Technology Degree?
This program will prepare students like you to keep up with the latest trends and knowledge in IT, making you an ideal candidate who will stand out to employers. Some of the roles you may qualify for include:
- Front-end web developer
- Mobile applications developer
- Mobile web designer
- SEO specialist
- User interface analyst
- Web application designer
- Web content manager
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.