Design Your Career with a Bachelor’s Degree in Web and Mobile Programming
Technology and the internet impact almost every aspect of people’s lives in today’s world. To ensure that websites run smoothly and perform all of their necessary functions, web programmers are needed – individuals who handle the technical aspects of the internet, like writing code that executes applications, processes, and end-user experiences.
Are you interested in creating websites that work across a variety of platforms? If so, Liberty’s online BS in Information Technology (IT) might be the degree for you. You can complete your specialization in web and mobile programming, helping to prepare you with valuable skills needed to develop high-quality websites that work on mobile, tablet, and large screen browsers.
By earning your programming degree online from Liberty University, you can make a positive and lasting impact on the world as you lead with excellence and integrity in the field of IT.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Computer Programmers (viewed online Nov. 27, 2023). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s Degree in Web Design and Development?
We know that quality is probably very important to you as you search for an online degree in web development. At Liberty, our web design degree is structured so that upon graduation you can confidently take the next step in the web design and development sector.
As you pursue your information technology degree online, you will be taught by professors who have terminal degrees and years of experience in the IT, web design, and development fields. In addition, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). With recognition like this, you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education.
We believe that quality education should be accessible. That is why our bachelor’s degree in web design and development online has multiple start dates each year and no set login times. When you get your web development bachelor’s degree online at Liberty, you can complete all of your courses from the comfort of your own home. With flexibility like this, you can continue focusing on your family, job, and other priorities.
Your time at Liberty University can help provide you with a network of alumni, faculty, and classmates who have similar goals, aspirations, and callings. With connections like these, you can be confident as you enter your career in web and mobile programming – no matter where your career leads you.
What degree should I get for web development?
Choosing your degree is an important step in your career journey. This can set the tone for the knowledge and skills you’ll receive as well as what companies may offer you a job.
Liberty’s online web development degree can help you meet your professional goals and pursue the job you want. Here’s why:
- Credibility — Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This means you’re earning your degree from a school that is well-respected and has met rigorous accreditation standards.
- Experienced faculty — Your major courses are taught by professionals in the IT industry. These individuals have years of experience in the field, and they’re ready to share what they have learned with you.
- Flexibility — Because your program can be completed 100% online, you can remain invested in your career, family, and other commitments while working on your degree.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Web Development Degree?
At Liberty, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. Our online bachelor’s in web and mobile programming degree can help you develop the values, knowledge, and skills you need to design effective web and mobile programs based on industry best practices. You’ll receive hands-on training that is designed to let you apply what you’ve learned to on-the-job scenarios.
There is a growing need for people experienced in web and mobile programming, and our online degree can help prepare you for an exciting, rewarding career in this field. Your web development courses will include training in a broad range of relevant topics such as:
- Database management
- Human-computer interaction
- Information and computing sciences
- Information security
- Mobile programming languages
- Web architecture
Through this program, you will study how to blend information technology with business practices and how to design web and mobile pages using innovative methods that meet company objectives. In your client-side programming classes, you can learn how to utilize the dynamics of internet technologies, how to build web applications, and how to develop programming on mobile platforms.
By pursuing a degree in information technology, you can gain a skill set to help you accomplish a wide variety of tasks. You may end up building websites, designing responsive content, using cross-platform operating systems, or creating software for consumer apps.
All of your courses are designed to challenge you to engage with modern technology to sharpen your understanding of current technical knowledge, processes, and programs. Additionally, you’ll learn how to prepare for business environments – that way, you can know what to expect in an information systems career.
Become a highly sought-after professional who has valuable skills that are needed in every sector of the job market and partner with Liberty as you pursue your degree in computer programming.
Potential Careers with a Web and Mobile Technology Degree
This program is designed to prepare students like you to keep up with the latest trends and knowledge in IT, making you an ideal candidate who will stand out to employers. Some of the roles you may qualify for include:
- Front-end web developer
- Mobile applications developer
- Mobile web designer
- SEO analyst
- User interface analyst
- Web application designer
- Web content manager
Frequently Asked Questions for Web Development and Mobile Programming Students
What is the difference between an information technology degree and an information systems degree?
An information technology degree and an information systems degree are very similar. Information systems typically deal with the entire system of information (including data, business relations, and processes). On the other hand, with an information technology degree, you will focus more on the data that an information system provides.
At Liberty, you study both the highly technical coding aspects of information technology and the business, people, and information processes involved with an information systems degree. With an education like this, you can be well-rounded and stand out from the competition.
There are a few differences between a computer information systems (CIS) degree and a programming degree. In many CIS programs, the main goal is to develop new solutions to meet urgent business issues.
At Liberty, you can gain much of the insight that a CIS major would have to offer since our professors offer years of experience in the business and IT worlds. Additionally, with an understanding of coding languages and web development, you are able to create and implement what many CIS majors only talk about.
Is a web development degree worth it?
We think so! Computer programmers had a median salary of $89,190 in 2020.* We know that your return on investment is important. With an online computer programming degree from Liberty, you can confidently stand out from the competition.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Computer Programmers (viewed online March 17, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What is a web developer’s salary?
Web developers had a median salary of $77,200 in 2020 and have a faster than average job growth rate through 2030.* Partner with Liberty and take the next step in your web and mobile development career.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Web Developers (viewed online March 17, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Military Benefits for Our Online Bachelor’s Degree in Internet Technology and Web Design
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our BS in Mobile and Web Technology Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online BS in Information Technology – Web and Mobile Programming degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete this online bachelor’s degree in web and mobile programming in as little as 3.5 years.
Online Bachelor’s in Mobile and Web Development Degree Program Information
- This online degree program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this bachelor’s program.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
- Check out recommended technology for our online IT bachelor’s degree classes.