Prepare for Success with Liberty’s Application and Database Development Degree
Do you want to use code to solve business problems and create new products? Liberty University’s 100% online B.S. in Information Technology – Application and Database Development degree will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to be successful in the expanding and highly technical field of information technology.
In our online bachelor’s degree in IT – application and database development program, you will learn the programming skills you need to be on the cutting edge of innovation in business technology development and consumer software design.
The need for safety and security means that good database design is often even more important than the app itself for the success of businesses. Liberty’s B.S. in Information Technology – Application and Database Development can help you have a cbalance of programming and design skills for both sides of this equation so you can be ready to take advantage of more opportunities in your career.
What is Database Development?
Using programming to build a new app is a straight-forward process, but why would you need to develop a database? Businesses and organizations need efficient and effective database systems to handle data for sales, records, or any kind of information.
Most Software As A Service (SAAS) companies build both a useful and powerful consumer app and a fast and secure database system to support the app. But any company or organization that has a product or service will need to safely and securely store information with a robust database solution.
How to Become a Database Developer
Earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Application and Database Development from Liberty University.*
Learn programming languages, web and app development skills, and database management skills.
Write code and develop your own applications and database processes.
Learn soft skills in essential areas for professional success: analytical skills, critical thinking, creativity, interpersonal skills, problem-solving, and develop a strong foundation in ethics.
Gain hands-on experience through an information technology developer internship. Learn industry skills to fit the needs of your role better.
Create a portfolio of your work and a resume that demonstrates your industry skills, degree, experience, and certifications.
Apply for Database Developer roles.
Consider pursuing a master’s degree for advanced roles and leadership positions.
*While earning certificates in specific industry skills for database and application development can help you start your career, you could have more career opportunities with a full bachelor’s degree. Liberty University’s B.S. in Application and Database Development is designed to help you prepare to earn professional certifications in IT skill areas while also covering broader topics and preparing you for more potential roles.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online B.S. in Information Technology – Application and Database Development Degree?
With award-winning technology training and a faculty of computer science professionals, Liberty’s B.S. in Information Technology can help you build toward a successful career. At Liberty, we are dedicated to your success. We train professionals who lead with excellence and integrity.
Our bachelor’s in application and database development degree will give you the skill set you need to meet the challenges information technology presents to businesses as well as help innovate solutions. Our online database development classes are taught by professors who have real-world experience in the field, and they will help you integrate biblical principles into your professional life.
With our online IT – application and database development degree, you will have the tools you need for a successful career with an eternal impact. Partner with us and let us help you become a Champion for Christ.
Liberty’s Online Information Technology Degree Awards
- AffordableColleges.com ranked our Bachelor of Science in Information Technology degree on their list of top 50 Most Affordable Online Bachelor’s in Information Technology.
- AffordableColleges.com ranked our B.S. in Information Technology – Web Development degree as the #1 Most Affordable Online Bachelor’s Degree in Web Development.
Frequently Asked Questions
While researching database administrator degrees and app development courses online, you may have questions about how Liberty University’s information technology degrees can help you meet your career goals. Below are some common questions about online app development and data management degrees:
What is a database?
A database is a centralized system for storing data. This data can contain information about anything from customer profiles to medical records and must be securely stored until needed. Database developers focus on building databases that will meet the needs of businesses, government agencies, and nonprofits to store and retrieve data for products and services in every industry.
What industries use databases?
Any industry that uses computer systems needs databases to securely and efficiently store and retrieve data. Generally, application and web developers build systems that have a user interface that allows them to access the information they need behind the scenes while providing a service to customers. These systems can be used in foodservice, medical offices, physical or online retail, entertainment, education, and many other industries.
How much does a database developer make?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) collects data to estimate the salary and job opportunities for many professional fields. The BLS estimates that software developers had an average salary of $105,590 in 2018. BLS data also suggests that the job market for software developers will expand by 21% by 2028, which is much faster than the average of all occupations.** By earning your data management degree online from Liberty University, you can look forward to high pay potential and a rapidly growing field.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Occupational Outlook Handbook: Software Developers (viewed online August 3, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Our Information Technology – Application and Database Development Degree?
Our application and database development online bachelor’s degree program will help you understand the convergence of information technology and business processes so you can design innovative IT systems consistent with business needs. Through this app development degree, you will study how to build a database, application development, and programming languages.
Your online database design classes will cover topics like Oracle, C# planning, and new and emerging technologies. On top of gaining a quality online IT degree, your database technology courses will help you develop a network of professors and peers within your field.
Additionally, classes within our online IT bachelor’s degree will help prepare you to take the A+ certification through the Computing Technology Industry Association and refine your programming skills while learning advanced concepts.
- CSIS 209 – C# Programming
- CSIS 327 – Oracle
- CSIS 328 – Advanced Oracle
- CSIS 410 – Web Enterprise Technologies
Bachelor’s in Application and Database Development Degree Information
- This online IT degree program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this online degree program.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online IT Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Career Options with a Bachelor’s Degree in App and Database Development
- Application designer
- Database administrator
- Database analyst
- Software programmer
Highlights of Our B.S. in IT – Application and Database Development Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online information technology degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Learn database app development skills hands-on with online interactive labs and practical assignments.
- You can complete this online information technology degree in as little as 3.5 years.
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.