The Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling – Life Coaching Program Will Equip You to Guide Your Congregation in Finding Their Calling
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling – Life Coaching degree program is designed to train ministry professionals and church leaders to become biblical counselors in Christian ministries and agency-based, non-licensure settings. Students in the online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling will study psychology and the Christian understanding of human nature and God’s creation that informs biblical counseling. The online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling provides a balanced treatment of spiritual and mental health which will equip ministry professionals already in the field or students who want to move into a Christian Counseling role.
The Life Coaching area of study for the online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling will provide additional, customizable life coach training to help you learn to guide members of your congregation to their professional, financial, and relational goals. If you want to help people achieve their dreams with life coaching based on a biblical worldview, the Life Coaching area of study will give you all of the tools you will need.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling – Life Coaching Program?
If you are already a ministry professional and find that you lack the tools to help people struggling with spiritual and mental health crises, completing an online Christian counseling degree, like the online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling, will help fill in the gaps and build on your ministry experience to support your Christian counseling and pastoral care. If you want to branch out into a Christian counseling role, the field-specific training and biblical counseling techniques in the online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling will provide much-needed support for biblical counseling in a variety of settings.
What is Life Coaching?
Life coaches work with clients to create responsible goals and practical steps to achieve them. These may be financial, relational, or professional. The practice of life coaching revolves around a positive attitude and building confidence through short-term goals that build to long-term success.
If you have been in ministry long, you likely have experienced helping individuals and families pursue biblical steps to realize their goals. Individuals often struggle in ministry to find their place and to set reasonable, realistic goals that can be achieved. When unrealistic goals are set, disappointment and discouragement usually follow. As a ministry professional, life coaching skills are extremely useful for helping your congregation and members of your ministry to grow and realize their potentials.
What are the Benefits of Liberty’s Online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling?
- Unlike many online bible colleges or online seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Study a balanced perspective on the theological principles that underlie psychology, giving you effective Christian counseling technique with a firm biblical worldview.
- If you choose to take advantage of the optional on-campus intensives, you will have additional hands-on life coach training and meet directly with your peers and professors.
- Gain marketable real-world experience in crisis response and trauma therapy by helping people in your community with the pastoral counseling internship.
- The online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling is overseen by the School of Behavioral Sciences, but still receives the School of Divinity’s discounted graduate tuition of $395 per credit for part-time, as well as the online Seminary’s Block Rate: students attending full time or higher (9-15 credit hours) are eligible for a block rate of $2,750 per semester!*
*Credits taken above 15 credit hours for the Masters of Arts in Pastoral Counseling Online are charged at the part-time rate.
What Will You Learn in the Online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling – Life Coaching Program?
The online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling provides a broad set of foundational Christian counseling skills and knowledge along with field-specialized topic courses and hands-on skill areas. Students who pursue biblical counseling training in the online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling will learn how the science of psychology reflects biblical principles of personhood and human nature, and how mental health treatment benefits from spiritual health. Students in the online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling will have the opportunity to pursue hands-on training on campus during two optional intensives, and all pastoral counseling students will gain experience in their communities through the pastoral counseling internship.
If you want to learn how to become a life coach, the Life Coaching area of study for the Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling will provide a customizable course of study that will give you the training you need. You will receive training in life coaching skills and techniques that draw on Christian counseling and pastoral care skills and choose from a selection of specialized life coaching electives concerning health, relational, financial, and professional goals so that you be prepared for a variety of life coaching needs.
*Please note that the online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling is not designed to fulfill clinical counseling requirements. You can view Liberty University’s licensure-track Professional Counseling degree below for more information about counseling licensure.
M.A. Pastoral Counseling- Life Coaching Program Highlights
- By earning your online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in three straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Students can complete this online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling – Life Coaching in under two years.
- Liberty University’s Online Seminary, the Rawlings School of Divinity, has experienced Christian counselors and ministry professionals who teach practical ministry skills while imparting deep theological teaching.
- You will learn from renowned Christian theologians and scholars in the Liberty University School of Divinity, such as Dr. Elmer L. Towns, Dr. Harold Willmington, and Dr. Gary R. Habermas.
- Develop broad experience in Christian counseling and pastoral care to address mental and spiritual health issues in your ministry or biblical counseling practice.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry (M.C.M.) – A practical ministry-focused alternative that can be completed in as little as a year.
- Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Life Coaching – A non-licensure track Master’s degree in counseling that emphasizes secular applications of psychology and counseling with a biblical worldview.
- Master of Arts in Professional Counseling – A licensure-track clinical counseling program that includes required on-campus intensives and an extensive practicum and internship.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Discounted Divinity Block Rate: $2,475 per semester – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours!*
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as an First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year and no set login times.
*Credits taken above 15 credit hours for the online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling are charged at the part-time rate.
M.A. in Pastoral Counseling – Life Coaching Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the online Course Syllabi (login required).
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Pastoral Counseling – Life Coaching
Students who complete a degree in Christian counseling like the online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling will be equipped for ministry-based, non-licensure counseling roles in many areas including marriage and family counseling, addiction counseling, and counseling women. Graduates of the Life Coaching area of study will have enhanced, graduate-level life coach training that may open life coaching ministry and private practice opportunities. While the online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling is not designed to fulfill any state clinical counseling requirements, the Life Coaching area of study may provide a basis for seeking national life coaching certification.
- Church Administration
- Church Counselor
- Life Coach
- Mental Health Services
Admission Requirements for Pastoral Counseling
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.