Build Effective Business Communities Through the M.A. in Applied Psychology – Industrial/Organizational Psychology Online Program
Liberty University’s 100% online masters in applied psychology degree will equip you for a career where understanding the intricacies of the human mind and behavior is essential. Our online applied psychology degree program will build upon your passion for helping people, organizations, communities, and the global world, as well as equip you to better serve them.
In-depth study of the human mind and behavior applies to many industries, including business, research science, ministry, and education because understanding how people learn and grow is important for working with and for others and creating products and services that meet human needs.
A study in psychology is marketable and practical in many different businesses and organizations, and our online master’s in applied psychology degree is a fascinating way to learn how to become a marketable employee or effective leader who can help people grow and change for the better. If you have the heart for serving others and want to use a keen insight of applied psychology to solve business problems or want to develop your human services career, this program is for you!
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master’s in Applied Psychology – Industrial/Organization Psychology Program?
Liberty University offers the master’s in applied psychology completely online with each course taught from a Christian worldview. Liberty’s goal is to provide students with foundational training in the study of psychology by understanding and optimizing human functioning while glorifying God. Through Liberty University’s online master’s degree in applied psychology, you will be equipped with the written and verbal skills you need to work toward a career where you’ll help people and offer empirically-supported solutions to real-world problems.
Each course seeks to bridge psychological understandings with a biblical worldview. Students will learn about lifespan development and industrial organization within an integrated approach by applying these concepts in real-world settings through application-based assignments and projects. The online masters in applied psychology will prepare you for many human services and psychology research roles, such as program development evaluators, government social services agents, industrial psychologists, and service coordinators.
In the industrial/organizational psychology concentration, you will study how to apply knowledge of psychology to understand human thinking and behavior in organizations so you can help establish better work conditions and structural cohesion in the workplace. The talent acquisition, interpersonal communication, and professional development training you will receive in the industrial/organizational psychology area of study will help you develop the employee and management structure of a business or organization to enhance productivity, profitability, and satisfaction in corporate business, non-profit, and ministry organizations.
What Will You Learn in the Online Master’s in Applied Psychology – Industrial/Organizational Psychology?
The core content of the online master’s in applied psychology provides a basis for evaluating and applying psychological research to help you address the real-world problems from a scientific point of view. Students in the online master’s in applied psychology will study advanced concepts in social psychology, cognitive psychology, and other major areas in psychology and learn how these studies integrate with a Christian worldview.
The industrial/organizational psychology area of study for our online master’s in applied psychology will train you to apply the core concepts of human thought and development to the study of behavior in workplace environments, leadership skills and techniques, personnel management, and other psychological applications for business. Additionally, this area of study will help you become an expert in assessing, addressing, and approving changes in organizational structure, developing stronger leadership, and nurturing employee talent.
M.A. in Applied Psychology – Industrial / Organizational Psychology Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for undergraduate (per credit hour).
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder(less than $625 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options for Graduates of the Online Masters in Applied Psychology
- Hiring manager
- Employment counselor
- Social service manager
- Human resource analyst
Students who graduate with a degree in industrial/organizational psychology will have a flexible, advanced degree to prepare them for medical and psychology research, hands-on business mental health support roles, and many human resources and mental health support roles in business.
Program Highlights for the Online Master of Arts in Applied Psychology
- By earning your online master’s in applied psychology degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online Master of Arts in Applied Psychology degree in under two years!
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Professional Counseling – Liberty University’s M.A. in Professional Counseling is designed to prepare you for licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). Students enrolled in our professional counseling program will develop ethical mental health counselors who possess the knowledge, values, and skills needed to promote the mental health and holistic wellness of clients across diverse populations.
- Human Services Counseling – Our M.A. in Human Services Counseling furthers your education in the study of human behavior and the application of helping skills. In this degree, you will master a review of literature in the field considered essential to the master’s level professional preparation of human service counseling workers who seek to offer services in areas such as leadership, families, addictions, and recovery.
- Marriage and Family Therapy – Liberty’s M.A. in Marriage and Family Therapy provides you with a strong understanding of counseling principles and strategies to prepare you to seek licensure as a marriage and family therapist. Courses within our marriage & Family Therapy program will provide you with a thorough background in individual and group counseling theories and techniques, as well as clinical practice.
Admission Requirements for the MA in Applied Psychology – Industrial / Organizational Psychology
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.