Advance Your Understanding of the Human Mind and Development by Earning a Master of Arts in Applied Psychology – Developmental Psychology Online Degree
Liberty University’s 100% online master’s in applied psychology degree will equip you for a career where understanding the intricacies of the human mind and behavior is essential. Our online applied psychology degree program will build upon your passion for helping people, organizations, communities, and the globe, as well as equip you to better serve them. The in-depth study of the human mind and behavior applies to many industries, including business, research science, ministry, and education because understanding how people learn and grow is important for working with and for others and creating products and services that meet human needs.
Thorough knowledge of psychology is an applicable skill set for nearly every career. Applied psychology is a fascinating area of study to learn how to help people grow and change. If you have the heart for serving others and want to use the keen insight of applied psychology to solve business problems or develop your human services career, this program is for you!
The master’s in applied psychology degree trains you in the developmental knowledge you’ll need to pursue careers that require an understanding of the human mind. You will also study the specific problems related to how people grow and change as they age. Throughout the developmental psychology concentration, you will learn to use empirical research to evaluate developmental issues in individuals from childhood to adulthood and apply them so you can offer scientific solutions to those issues.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master’s in Applied Psychology – Developmental Psychology Program?
Liberty University offers the Master of Arts in Applied Psychology completely online with each course taught from a Christian worldview. Liberty’s goal is to provide you with essential training in the study of psychology so you can understand and optimize human function while glorifying God. Through Liberty University’s online master’s degree in applied psychology, you will be equipped with the written and verbal skills you need to work toward a career. As someone with a psychology background, you’ll be helping people and devising empirically-supported solutions to real-world problems so the courses in this program will be applicable after graduation.
Each course seeks to bridge psychological understandings with a biblical worldview. You will learn about lifespan development and industrial organization within an integrated approach by applying these concepts in real-world settings through application-based assignments and projects. The online master’s in applied psychology will prepare you for many human services and psychology research roles, such as program development evaluators, government social services agents, industrial psychologists, and service coordinators.
What Will You Learn in the Online Master’s in Applied Psychology – Developmental Psychology Program?
The core content of the online master’s in applied psychology provides a basis for evaluating and applying psychological research that will help you address real-world problems from a scientific point of view. You’ll study the advanced concepts of social psychology, cognitive psychology, and other major areas as you work towards your Master of Arts in Applied Psychology. Additionally, you’ll learn how these studies integrate with a Christian worldview.
The developmental psychology area of study for the online master’s in applied psychology uses these advanced concepts to help you better understand the specific issues and aspects of human development across the lifespan. Students will gain an understanding of how a person handles stress, life events, biological changes, and social interactions as they grow through stages of life, taking insights from psychological fields such as developmental neuropsychology and psychopathology all from a biblical perspective.
- PSYC 525 – Developmental Psychology
- PSYC 620 – Intervention and Behavioral Support
- PSYC 631 – Adolescent Psychology
- PSYC 676 – Developmental Neuropsychology
Online Master of Arts in Applied Psychology Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options for Graduates of the Online Master’s in Applied Psychology
- Developmental specialist
- Rehabilitation counselor
- Human resource analyst
- Social service manager
Students who graduate from the developmental psychology area of study for the online Master of Arts in Applied Psychology will have a flexible, advanced degree that will prepare them for medical and psychology research, hands-on human services roles, and many human resources and mental health support roles in business. Students who complete the online master’s in applied psychology will also be equipped for doctoral studies and academic scholarship and may be able to seek state certification for clinical mental health services depending on state requirements.
Program Highlights for the Online Master of Arts in Applied Psychology
- By earning your online master’s in applied psychology degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Students can complete the online Master of Arts in Applied Psychology in under two years!
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Liberty University’s online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling furthers your education in the study of human behavior and the application of helping skills. In this non-licensure counseling degree, you will study essential human services skills for counseling workers who seek to offer services in areas such as leadership, family counseling, and addiction recovery.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling – Liberty University’s online Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling is designed to prepare you for licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). Students enrolled in Liberty’s professional counseling program will become ethical mental health counselors who possess the knowledge, values, and skills needed to promote the mental health and holistic wellness of clients across diverse populations.
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy – Liberty’s M.A. in Marriage and Family Therapy provides you with a strong understanding of counseling principles and strategies to prepare you to seek licensure as a marriage and family therapist. Courses within our marriage and family therapy program will provide you with a thorough background in individual and group counseling theories and techniques as well as clinical practice.
Admission Requirements for the M.A. in Applied Psychology – Developmental Psychology
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.