Take the First Step in Your Academic Journey Toward a Life of Excellence
At Liberty University, we realize that you may not have the time or money to pursue a four-year bachelor degree. Our associate degree programs can provide you with the flexibility you need to begin your academic journey toward a fulfilling career. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, people with an associate degree experience lower unemployment rates and make roughly $120 more a week than someone with just a high school diploma.
Available Arts and Sciences Associate Degrees Online
At Liberty, you can finish your associate degree in less than two years and be well on your way to career success!
- Our Associate of Arts in Creative Writing will help you hone your writing skills and teach you about the business of writing stories that influence people and change lives.
- Our Associate of Arts in History degree provides training in American and world history, the history of western civilization, geography, and more. You will be well-prepared for many history-related and government jobs you’re interested in pursuing.
- Our Associate of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies provides a flexible degree option where you can choose elective courses of your choice. Pair education with behavioral sciences. Study government and business together. Combine paralegal studies and communication. The options are endless.
- Our Associate of Arts in STEM Mathematics degree is a great way to get your career in the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) started!
Why Choose Liberty University’s College of Arts and Sciences for Your Online Associate Degree?
Your passions and interests are important to us. By choosing to pursue one of our associate degrees, you will develop skills in university-level writing, speaking, reading, and computer literacy, with the ability to utilize analytical reasoning and library research. After completing your associate degree, you can make the decision whether or not you want to continue your educational journey and earn a bachelor’s degree. The great thing about having college credits from your associate degree is that you can use those credits to transfer into a bachelor’s degree program of your choice.
College of Arts and Sciences Online Associate Degrees Highlights
- By earning your associate degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in any field you choose.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- You can complete your online associate degree from Liberty University in under two years.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on Good Standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for Acceptance of Caution. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.