Our Associate’s Degree in General Studies is Now the A.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies Degree
If you want to pursue a degree that you are passionate about, but with so many interests, it can be hard to pick just one degree to pursue. You also may have a lot of transfer credit and need a fast way to earn a degree online. We have a degree that is perfect for anyone looking to create a well-rounded training foundation for any career or job opportunity in any industry.
The Associate’s of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies online degree program, formerly the Associate’s degree in General Studies, is customizable, allowing students to tailor their degree to areas they are interested in or to intended careers. Students who graduate with an Associate’s degree in Interdisciplinary Studies have increased opportunities to pursue a wide variety of careers, as their training is based on multiple areas of experience.
Why Choose Our Associate’s Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies?
When students begin the Associate’s degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, they choose areas of study that they believe will impact their career and further their skill-set. This can be done solely through Liberty, or by utilizing transfer credit from outside colleges, military training, and experience or on-the-job training, making this a potentially fast way to earn a degree online. Your passions are important to us at Liberty and with this degree, you will develop skills in university-level writing, speaking, reading, and computer literacy, with the ability to utilize analytical reasoning and library research. Liberty changed the name of this from the Associate’s degree in General Studies to the A.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies to better represent the variety of courses integrated into this online degree program.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s A.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies Degree?
Liberty University’s Associate of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies, 100% online program, is designed to increase job marketability by offering a broad range of courses designed to provide foundational knowledge in a variety of areas. In the Associate’s degree in Interdisciplinary Studies online program, you will study:
- Career Planning
- Professional Development
- Composition and Rhetoric
Interdisciplinary Studies Degree Information
Liberty’s Interdisciplinary Studies degree is an industry leader in online programs taught by professionals with real-world experience in various settings. Our interdisciplinary degree is offered completely online, allowing you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without the worry of having to take courses on a campus.
- This degree falls under the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- Potential college credit for military training.
Benefits of an Interdisciplinary Studies Degree from Liberty University
- By earning your Interdisciplinary Studies degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in any field you choose.
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years ̶ and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- This program enables the student to use both inter-college and interdepartmental combinations of courses to provide a broad foundation of educational experience. See more about what types of general elective courses you can study.
- Utilize a maximum amount of transfer credit so you can earn an online degree faster!
- Our Associate’s Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies is in the top #10 of AffordableColleges.com’s list of Most Affordable Online Associate’s Degrees in General Studies.
- Students can complete an Interdisciplinary Studies degree in less than two years.
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on Good Standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for Acceptance on Caution. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.