Pursue a Program as Unique as Your Interests with Liberty University’s Interdisciplinary Studies Associate
When you have a diverse set of skills and interests, it can be challenging to find a degree that works for you. The good news is that our A.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies can give you a credible degree that’s also flexible.
Here’s why an associate in general studies online might be a good fit for you:
- The subjects you want to study are very different from each other.
- You want to quickly earn a degree that works easily with previously earned transfer credit.
- The career you’re interested in doesn’t fit into one particular subject area.
Our interdisciplinary studies degree is customizable. You can choose multiple areas of study to tailor your degree to your interests, skills, experience, and goals. And because you’re getting training in multiple subjects, you will gain skills that can be used in a variety of career opportunities.
Is earning a degree in interdisciplinary studies a good idea?
Yes – you just have to make sure this degree is the right fit for you and your situation. Typically, students who fall into one of these categories should pursue interdisciplinary studies:
- A variety of transfer credits that don’t fit into one specific major
- A specific career path that requires multiple skills
- Varying and diverse interests that don’t match a typical degree
What are some examples of interdisciplinary studies majors?
You have several areas of study to choose from in our program. Here are a few examples:
- Aviation sciences
- Fine arts
- Health sciences
- Paralegal studies
Check out the full list of options for more details.
What are the benefits of an interdisciplinary studies degree?
Interdisciplinary studies degrees offer great benefits. If you’re a transfer student whose credits don’t quite fit with a particular major, this program can help you best utilize your hard-earned credits. Additionally, this degree is customizable. So if you have a diverse set of interests or need particular skills for your career path, this program can help!
Why Choose Our Associate in Interdisciplinary Studies?
Since you’re considering an associate in integrative studies program, we know you value flexibility, practicality, and marketable skills. As far as online colleges for general studies go, Liberty stands out. Here’s why:
- Our associate degree in general studies online requires no on-campus visits. You can complete your degree 100% online while keeping your other commitments.
- Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Your degree will be respected among future employers.
- No matter what subject areas you choose to study, you’ll be learning from real-life professionals. Each of our professors is an expert in his or her respective field and excited to share the knowledge they’ve gained from years of experience.
- This program works well with transfer credits. If you’ve pursued multiple majors, an interdisciplinary studies degree can help you put your hard-earned credits to good use.
What Will You Learn in Liberty University’s Online Interdisciplinary Studies Degree?
Liberty University’s 100% online Associate of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies program is designed to increase your job marketability. You will choose from a broad range of courses designed to provide foundational knowledge in a variety of areas. No matter which areas of studies you choose, you will gain skills in:
- Career planning
- Composition and rhetoric
- Professional development
Liberty’s Interdisciplinary Studies Degree Information
- This degree falls under the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- Review our Undergraduate General Education Course Guides (login required).
- Take a look at the available areas of study you can choose from.
Military Benefits for Our Associate of Arts in Multidisciplinary Studies
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
- Potential college credit for military training
Benefits of an Associate Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies from Liberty University
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your general studies associate degree online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years ̶ and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Choose courses from Liberty’s different colleges and departments to create a degree that can help you meet your career goals.
- Utilize a maximum amount of transfer credit so you can earn an online degree faster!
- You can complete our multidisciplinary studies associate degree in less than 2 years.
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.