Learn Political and Economic Philosophy with Liberty’s PPE Degree
Do you have a passion for economics and political science? Do the fields of philosophy, politics, and economics interest you? If so, Liberty’s University’s 100% online A.A. in Politics, Philosophy, and Economics (PPE) can help you develop the knowledge you need to pursue a career in the political arena or in social sciences.
Political institutions have always had a considerable influence on the lives of their citizens, and in recent years, this influence has grown. Knowledge of civil liberties, economics, and political philosophy is becoming more crucial than ever before. Liberty’s PPE degree online was designed to equip you with such knowledge and help you serve as a Champion for Christ in nonprofit organizations, government agencies, financial firms, or think tanks.
If you don’t want to start your career immediately after graduation, you may also consider using this program as a first step toward completing your bachelor’s degree. The A.A. in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics can serve as a stepping stone into nearly any business and government bachelor’s degree at Liberty.
Why Choose Liberty’s Associate in Philosophy, Economics, and Political Science?
At Liberty, your success is our success, which is why we have worked hard to create one of the best online associate degrees in philosophy, economics, and political science. This degree program challenges students to think critically about how politics, market economies, and culture intersect.
This associate degree requires you to adapt an economic way of thinking and apply it to cultural, theological, political, and legal issues. Additionally, our professors boast experience in economic, legal, business, and government settings – allowing you to hear directly from experts in your area of study.
Our associate degree in philosophy, economics, and political science is no ordinary degree program. At Liberty, we Train Champions for Christ by integrating biblical principles into our courses. Don’t just become a leader in your field – become a principled, Christ-centered visionary whose work inspires others.
- Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. You can rest assured that you’re earning your degree from an institution that has met rigorous accreditation standards and will be well-respected by employers.
- Your professors have years of real-life experience in their fields. As a PPE major, you will have the opportunity to learn from experts in modern economics, political science, and philosophy.
Each of your courses is taught from an evangelical Christian perspective. Whether you’re writing a paper on American government, studying ethics and economics, or fulfilling an elective course requirement, biblical principles will be incorporated into your studies.
What Will You Learn in Our Associate in PPE Degree Online?
As a PPE major, you’ll be challenged to develop an understanding of the concepts and tools of economic analysis. You’ll also learn to apply social principles and economic theory to government, political, and legal settings. Lastly, you will examine the failures and moral dilemmas posed by socialism and Marxism.
Don’t miss this valuable opportunity to build a foundational knowledge of economics, political theory, and political philosophy. Stand out among your peers by starting your degree today!
Featured Courses in Our A.A. in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics
- ECON 350 – Classical Economics
- ETCH 280 – Dilemmas in Socialism and Marxism*
- GOVT 302 – Modern Political and Economic Ideas
- PHIL 200 – Pursuits of Happiness*
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Liberty’s PPE Associate Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online politics, philosophy, and economics associate degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- With no set login times or on-campus class requirements, this program is ideal for students who need flexibility — like law enforcement and military service members.
Degree Information for the Associate of Arts in PPE
- Our A.A. in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics falls under the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Arts and Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online A.A. in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Career Opportunities for Graduates of Liberty’s PPE Associate Degree
While Liberty’s associate degree in philosophy, politics, and economics seeks to equip you with marketable skills and abilities, this degree may be best utilized as a precursor to a bachelor’s degree. Graduates of this degree program are best suited for the following careers in the long run:
- Economic analysis
- Public policy
*This profession may require further education
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.