Dive Deep Into the World of Physics with an Associate Degree in Physics from Liberty University
Do the mysteries of the universe excite you? Do you have an analytic inclination when you approach problems? Perhaps you have a passion for using science to help others. If that sounds like you, then an Associate of Science (AS) in Physics degree from Liberty may be for you.
By pursuing an online associate degree in physics at Liberty, you have the opportunity to take a selection of classes that cover many of the most important concepts in physics. Whether you are new to the physics sector or are a seasoned veteran, earning a college credential can help you take the next step in your career.
The science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields need competent and skillful individuals who are highly motivated and ready to attack problems with analytic and mathematical solutions. Whether you want to model an oil spill with differential equations or work with a particle accelerator, an AS in Physics can help equip you to make important contributions in your field.
Why Choose Liberty’s Associate of Science in Physics Online Degree?
We know that quality is an important factor when choosing an online degree program in physics. At Liberty, all of your courses will be taught by professors who have advanced degrees in math, physics, materials science, and other related areas of study. In addition, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), so you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education.
At Liberty, we believe that your life schedule and your school schedule shouldn’t have to compete. That is why our AS in Physics program is offered 100% online with no set login times. With flexibility like this, you can remain invested in your family, career, and community while you study from the comfort of home.
If you aren’t ready to pursue an entire Bachelor of Science in Physics, our online Associate of Science in Physics allows you to gain the knowledge you need without committing to a bachelor’s degree. If you later decide to earn your bachelor’s degree, you can potentially transfer in all of your associate credits.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Associate of Science in Physics Degree?
As you pursue your Associate of Science in Physics degree online at Liberty, you will take a variety of courses covering topics like schematics, electronics, flow, and quantum mechanics. In your courses, you will use analytic techniques from calculus and differential equations to model change – starting with kinematics and continuing through mechanics, and modern physics.
You will also take courses in single and multivariable calculus as well as differential equations. These math courses are designed to provide you with an integral foundation for a comprehensive physics education.
- MATH 132 – Calculus and Analytic Geometry II
- MATH 430 – Multivariable Calculus
- PHYS 305 – Introduction to Modern Physics
- PHYS 331 – Electricity and Magnetism
Highlights of Our Online Associate of Science in Physics
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online physics associate degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Connect with physics students and science professionals from across the country while pursuing your Associate of Science in Physics online.
Online AS in Physics Degree Information
- Our AS in Physics falls under the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Arts and Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Associate of Science in Physics
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Opportunities for Physics Degree Online Graduates
As a graduate of our Associate of Science in Physics degree online, you may be better qualified to pursue a variety of careers, including:
- Lab associate
- Lab technologist
- Materials specialist
- Research associate
- Safety coordinator
Admission Requirements for Our Associate of Science in Physics
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.