This program will be available Fall 2020.
Prepare for Your Career with an Associate Degree in Military History Online
Are you excited about the idea of utilizing historical or military knowledge in your career? Whether you are a military service member, you want to learn more about an area that interests you, or you’re looking for a career change, Liberty University’s Associate of Arts in Military History can help you take the next step towards your goals.
What can you do with a military history degree?
With this degree, you’ll be prepared to work for or with the government in a variety of positions. You could work in the Department of Defense, or you could be a defense contractor. You could also be a strategist or military analyst. Or maybe you’ll work as a security contractor for the United States Government.
If you’re not ready for your career immediately after graduating with your Associate of Arts in Military History, you may consider pursuing your bachelor’s degree. The military history degree would work especially well with one of the following programs: History (B.S.) or Military Studies (B.S.).
Why Choose Liberty’s A.A. in Military History Degree?
By choosing Liberty University, you will be earning a degree that is credible, flexible, and rooted in a Christian worldview. Here are some of the benefits of pursuing your associate degree in military history online with us:
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). You can rest assured that your degree has met rigorous accreditation standards and will be well-respected among potential employers.
- Our A.A. in Military History is offered 100% online, meaning you can pursue your degree while continuing to dedicate time to your job, family, church, and community.
- All of our online professors are committed to teaching your courses from a Christian perspective, allowing you to learn how to incorporate biblical values and ethics into your profession.
What Will You Learn in the Associate of Arts in Military History Online?
Throughout your military history degree, you will study foundational courses that will give you skills in areas like communication, mathematics, natural science, and religious and biblical studies. With core subjects like these, you will be better equipped for success in a variety of fields. And you will have a better understanding of how to implement these skills into your career from a Christian perspective.
Your military history courses will provide you with a solid understanding of geography, constitutional government, free enterprises, and military analytics. Additionally, you will study U.S. military history as well as world history and the war tactics of foreign nations.
- HIUS 380 — Modern American History
- HIWD 375 — Korean and Vietnam Wars
- HIWD 376 — Middle Eastern Warfare
- MISC 300 — Methods of Military Analysis*
*Course guide coming soon
Benefits of the A.A. in Military History from Liberty University
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online associate in military history from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete our associate degree in military history in as little as 1.5 years.
Degree Information for the Associate of Arts in Military History
- The A.A. in Military History falls under our College of Arts and Sciences.
- Review the Degree Completion Plan (coming soon).
- View the Undergraduate Arts and Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Potential Career Options for A.A. in Military History Online Graduates
- Defense contractor
- Department of Defense employee
- Military analyst
- Security contractor
- Strategy manager
- Strategic planning director
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.