Staying on Track Through College
All Incoming Students
- Complete Financial Check-In to secure your housing, payment plan, and other items.
- Plan to complete the Math and English Assessments (located in Blackboard) if you are not planning to transfer in the Math or English course needed for your specific major.
- Connect with your Professional Advisor to receive personalized advising and coaching for your specific intended major and career goals.
- Learn more about LU Serve and how to complete your Christian Service (CSER) requirements.
- Meet with your Professional Advisor to discuss your future course enrollment and career goals, and to remove your advising (AV) hold.
- Sign up for free subject tutoring in order to help meet your academic needs through the Academic Success Center.
- Improve your writing, regardless of your major, by taking advantage of writing services.
- Become familiar with the Registrar’s Office Commonly Used Student Forms.
- Communicate with your Professional Advisor to discuss your future course enrollment, career goals, and the details of junior and senior year advising.
- Find out how to shorten your path to graduation through CLEP, ICE, and DSST testing.
- Attend career events and informational workshops to continue building your network and to make connections for future employment opportunities.
- Find out more about securing internships and experiential learning.
- Take advantage of professional resume and portfolio critiques.
Juniors and Seniors
- Your assigned Faculty Mentor is available to assist you with course enrollment advice, career preparation, and mentoring specific to your degree program.
- Meet with a Career Counselor to discuss how to take advantage of career events and career training.
- Schedule a mock interview to hone your skills and practice for upcoming job opportunities.
- With just a semester or two left before you complete your degree, reach out to your Academic Evaluator to make sure you are on track to graduate.
- Take advantage of information from the Registrar’s Office to ensure you and your loved ones are prepared for Commencement.