Residential Writing Center
Residential Writing Center
Build the strong writing skills you need for your classes and future career with Liberty University’s Writing Center. Our peer writing coaches are here to help you through all stages of your writing process and with any writing project (academic, professional, or personal) at no additional cost. We offer Liberty University residential undergraduate students one-on-one appointments and Writing Labs (on campus and virtual) during the fall and spring semesters.
Our goal is to help you become a confident and proficient writer at every stage of the writing process. For additional help, see our Writing Aids.
Online Students: See the Online Writing Center
Find What You’re Looking For at the Writing Center
One-on-one writing coaching offers residential students assistance from one of our peer writing coaches. Make an appointment to talk about your writing today!
Scheduling Tutorial Video
How to Schedule an Appointment in Compass
How to Check in for Your Appointment
How to Best Prepare for Your Appointment
For optimal results, it’s beneficial if you do the following:
Bring your assignment
instructions & rubric
Bring any research you
have conducted so far
Bring a draft if
you have one
Get to know your
Visit or chat the Writing Lab any time during open hours. No appointment necessary.
In-Person Writing Lab
Focused environment to work in person and ask quick writing questions. Bring your laptop and assignment materials.
Located in JFL 160 (Dodak Technology Commons)
Virtual Writing Lab
Get answers to quick writing questions! (≤ 10 min.)
During our open hours, chat with a writing coach through the chat widget in the corner of your screen.
What Students are Saying About the Writing Center
Have students in need of writing assistance? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help in a variety of formats:
- Introduction to the Writing Center: 5 min. presentation on our services and how we can help any writer improve
- Paper Writing from Start to Finish: 20-50 min. presentation on writing a great academic paper
- Formatting an Academic Paper: 10-20 min. presentation on formatting a paper for MLA, APA, or Turabian
- Workshop: Request one of our current workshop topics or a custom workshop on writing or formatting
- Request classroom assistance with one of our peer writing coaches. We can assist individual students in the classroom with content, logical flow, grammatical concepts, format, paragraph unity, structure, and more.
Send Students to the Writing Center
- Create a program where your students can earn extra credit for visiting us. We keep records of every visit to the Writing Center and can report when your students visit us throughout the semester.
- Offer due-date extensions for students who visit the Writing Center.
- Refer any student who received a low grade on an assignment, giving them the opportunity to resubmit it after visiting the Writing Center.
Connect With Us
Reach out to our team with questions, to schedule our services, or to get connected to the resources we offer.
For residential students:
Phone: (434) 592-6387
Location: DH 1100
For online students:
Director of Residential Tutoring and Writing Services
Assistant Director of Residential Writing Services