The Academic Success Center offers Academic Mentoring to help Liberty University residential undergraduate students build essential skills for college success through one-on-one interactions. If you are looking for insights and methods that will strengthen your academic experience, then connect with one of our trained Faculty Mentors or Peer Mentors today for support and encouragement in your academic journey!
Academic Mentors can help with any area of academic success, such as:
- Overcoming procrastination
- Time management and organization
- Managing academic stress and anxiety
- Building positive habits for university life
- Connecting with resources around campus
- Setting customized and achievable goals
- Active listening and note-taking methods
- College textbook reading and study skills
- Skills for preparing for and taking tests
- How to improve memory retention and recall
Scheduling an Appointment
Whether you want a peer or faculty mentor, all students that are new to the Academic Mentoring Program will meet first with a Faculty Mentor who will help you create goals that they or a Peer Mentor can help you with throughout the semester.
To request an appointment, click the link above, and follow these steps:
- In the sidebar on the left side of the page, click “Tutoring/Mentoring.”
- Click “New Appointment Request”
- Under “Appointment Type” select “Academic Mentoring” and then either “Faculty Mentoring” or “Peer Mentoring”
- Select whether you prefer an in-person or virtual appointment
- Click “Done”
- Use the remaining portion of the form to filter options according to your needs, and click “Check Availability” Note: you may need to refine your selections to find an appointment that works for you
- Select your desired appointment mentor and time
- Select an appointment length, enter your name, Liberty ID number, and any notes about the appointment.
- Read the information about COVID-19 protocols and check the box next to “I understand”.
- Click “submit request”.
You will receive a confirmation email in your Liberty student email inbox.
Compass Instructional Video:
Faculty and Peer Mentors
Review the lists of Faculty and Peer Mentors below.
Department Chair Residential Services;
Ralph W. Jernigan, Jr., D. Min.
For more information about Academic Mentoring, email ASC@liberty.edu or call (434) 592-6387.