Tutoring for Residential Students
Tutoring is available during the fall and spring semesters at no additional cost to Liberty University residential undergraduate students currently enrolled in the course for which they are seeking tutoring. Tutoring Services employs academically excellent students, who have a desire to assist you in improving or maintaining your academic excellence. Courses offered include accounting, biology, chemistry, economics, math, psychology, theology, American Sign Language, French, German, Spanish, and more.
One-on-one tutoring is provided for all available courses so that you can receive individualized assistance from your tutor regarding any course content you may wish to learn, discuss, or review.
Group tutoring is offered for certain courses to meet a high-demand for tutoring. Group tutoring provides a safe atmosphere for you to learn alongside your fellow classmates.
- Tutoring appointments are highly recommended to ensure that a tutor is available to meet with you.
- All appointments must be made at least 12 hours in advance.
- You must be enrolled in the course for which you are seeking tutoring.
- You must bring all of your study materials (e.g. textbook, class notes, already graded assignments, etc.) to your appointment.
- You are not permitted to ask tutors to complete your homework, quiz, or test material.
If tutoring is not currently available for your undergraduate residential course, you may complete the Course Tutoring Request form to request that it be considered as an available option for future semesters.
One-on-One Tutoring Sessions
- There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all one-on-one tutoring appointments.
- You are limited to scheduling one appointment at a time for a specific course, so you will be permitted to set up another appointment at the conclusion of your first appointment.
- For instructions on how to schedule a one-on-one appointment, you may reference this step-by-step guide or video tutorial.
Group Tutoring Sessions
- Academic Support for LUO Students
- K-6 Tutoring: For information about K-6 tutoring, contact email@example.com
Student Tutor Positions
Tutoring Services offers paid and CSER tutor positions for residential undergraduate students. Applicants must have a cumulative LU GPA of at least 3.0, an A or B and a professor recommendation in any course for which they have an interest in tutoring, and a desire to assist students in improving or maintaining their academic excellence. To inquire about available positions or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Tutoring has greatly influenced my semester. My grades improved greatly and the tutors really cared about my well-being. Tutoring truly saved some of my grades and I couldn’t be more grateful.”
“My tutor was great and really helped me understand the material better. My tests scores began increasing after I began tutoring!”
“My tutor has helped me to better understand chemistry and not to be afraid of it. I came out of this semester with a grade that I never thought I could get in a class like Chemistry. Having the tutors available is so nice and helpful. It really is a blessing to be able to learn from fellow classmates and excel in the subject that you feared. Thank you for providing the tutoring services, it is greatly appreciated.”
“My tutor did a great job of helping me learn the basics of accounting. It takes a special type of person to be able to teach at the most basic level when they are so knowledgeable in the subject. I now recommend tutoring to all of my friends.”
“I had a great experience with the tutors. They were able to help me understand the material that confused me the most as well as help me prepare for the semester in front of me. They were always encouraging and helpful. I would recommend the service to a friend.”
“I loved my tutor. She thoroughly explained things and gave me so many great studying methods.”