Tutoring for Residential Students
COVID-19 Update: Tutoring Services has provided a way for our tutors to connect with you virtually through Microsoft Teams. If you prefer to not attend tutoring in person, prefer to not wear a face mask, or if you are unable to wear a face mask due to medical concerns, please schedule a virtual tutoring appointment. There will be in-person tutoring options for some classes as well, but due to the sizes of our tutoring spaces, 6 feet of distancing cannot be maintained in the tutoring appointments. For in-person appointments, both you and your tutor will need to wear a face mask for the appointment. Please see the section below titled “Tutoring Appointments” for the Instructional Resources on how to schedule an appointment and navigate Microsoft Teams.
Tutoring is available during the fall and spring semesters at no additional cost to Liberty University residential undergraduate students currently enrolled in the course for which they are seeking tutoring. Tutoring Services employs academically excellent students, who have a desire to help you do your best in your classes. Courses offered include accounting, biology, chemistry, economics, math, psychology, theology, American Sign Language, French, German, Spanish, and more.
One-on-one tutoring is provided for all available courses so that you can receive individualized help from your tutor regarding any course content you want to learn, discuss, or review.
Group tutoring is offered for certain courses to meet a high-demand for tutoring. Group tutoring provides a safe atmosphere for you to learn alongside your fellow classmates.
Tutoring appointments are highly recommended to ensure that a tutor is available to meet with you. Before your appointment, get to know your tutor!
- You must be enrolled in the course for which you are requesting tutoring.
- You should bring your study materials (textbook, class notes, etc.) to your appointment, so that your tutor can best help you.
- You are not permitted to ask tutors to complete your homework, quizzes, or tests.
- There is a 24-hour cancellation policy.
- When requesting an appointment, please note the number of slots available, as we offer 1-on-1 appointments (“1 of 1 slots available”) and group sessions (ex. “15 of 20 slots available”).
- Due to space limitations because of COVID-19, you are required to sign up for all group tutoring sessions. Group tutoring sessions are currently available for the following classes:
- BIOL 213/214
- BIOL 224
- BIOL 301
- CHEM 107
- CHEM 121
- CHEM 301
- Multiple appointment requests that are submitted for a short time frame are subject to review for approval.
- How to Schedule or Cancel an Appointment in Compass
- Compass Instructional Video:
- Microsoft Teams Appointment Instructions
- Microsoft Teams Instructional Video:
After you review all of the one-on-one and group tutoring options using the links above, if tutoring is not currently available for your undergraduate residential course, you may fill out the Course Tutoring Request form to ask that it be considered as an available option for future semesters. Please note that the Course Tutoring Request form is not to be used to request tutoring for classes for which tutoring is already available.
Student Tutor Positions
Tutoring Services offers paid and CSER tutor positions for residential undergraduate students. Applicants must have a cumulative LU GPA of at least 3.0, an A or B and a professor recommendation in any course they want to tutor, and a desire to help students improve or maintain their academic excellence.
To inquire about available positions or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The tutoring center is great! I always feel more confident after leaving.”
“Tutoring is extremely helpful! The workers are nice and explain things well. Even if you aren’t struggling, tutoring is still worth taking advantage of! It will improve your skills greatly, especially in the foreign language area. I strongly recommend it!”
“My tutor was amazing! She broke down the concepts so I could understand them and helped me prepare for exams. She was instrumental in helping me succeed in CHEM 122!”
“Tutoring helped me so much! I was able to get an A in the class I got tutoring for.”
“All the help I received for PSYC 355 was excellent. I have struggled to truly understand statistics in the past, and this was a very challenging course. The tutors I met with were extremely insightful in helping me grasp the concepts more thoroughly. I am very grateful for all of the tutors help!!”
“I thank God for the one-on-one tutoring services at Liberty. It has helped me digest the massive amounts of information that I gathered in class and helped me work at my own unique pace.”