Gain Essential Job Market Experience
Internships are an excellent way to gain real-world experience, gain academic credit, build your resume, and explore and launch a rewarding career! Statistics show that students who complete at least one internship before graduation are more likely to get hired than those who don’t. Check out some excellent internship opportunities through the resources below!
HANDSHAKE partners with schools and
employers—bringing their best career opportunities to campus and onto our platform just for student and alumni.
Washington Fellowship is an experience of a lifetime in the heart of the nation’s capital. Become part of a Liberty University’s Washington Fellowship with an internship with some of the largest companies in the world.
PARKER-DEWEY offers career launchers the opportunity to demonstrate their skills through short-term, paid, professional assignments.
Additional Internship Search Resources
Internships For Credit
Most internships can be completed for credit! Please contact your Faculty Intern Advisor (FIA) for details on completing a for-credit internship in your specific major.
In addition to an internship there are several other ways to gain hands-on experience
- Externship/Job Shadowing
- Volunteer Service and CSER
- Zero Credit Internships (CPT) – International Students
Get experience in the workplace while still a student. See your Faculty Intern Advisor (FIA) for details on completing a for-credit internship in your specific major.
Internship Search Engines
- Campus Career Center – Entry-level jobs and internships (not Liberty University).
- Entertainment Careers – Entertainment jobs and internships listings at studios, networks, production and record companies, radio stations, VFX, etc.
- Idealist.org – A search engine listing jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities in non-profit organizations in the US and around the world.
- Internships.com – Find an opportunity at the world’s largest internship marketplace.
- Internship Programs – Post a resume to employers who are exclusively looking for interns. Search an extensive database of internships, read internship reviews, or create your own real-intern profile.
- LinkUp – Job search site that aggregates jobs found only on company websites.
- National Institutes of Health – This program includes summer internship opportunities in the Administrative, Management, Clerical, and Information Technology (IT) career fields.
Internship Search in Virginia & Washington D.C.
- DCJobSource.com – Find internships at companies and non-profits in the State of Virginia. Internship for highly motivated individuals who want to experience firsthand the administration of state government in the commonwealth.
- U.S. Department of State – Internship programs for almost every major.
- jobs.virginia.gov/internships-opportunities – The Commonwealth of Virginia Internship Programs offers students the opportunity to combine academic studies with on-the-job training and experience while completing their education.