Gain Essential Job Market Experience
Many degree programs require an internship, but even if yours doesn’t, having one on your resume could set you apart. Statistics show that students who complete at least one internship before graduation are more likely to get hired than those who don’t.
Let us help you search and apply for the types of internships that will help you succeed.
See your Faculty Intern Advisor (FIA) for details on completing an internship in your specific major.
Fellowship Programs in Washington D.C. and New York City
Open to students in all degree programs, the Washington Fellowship and the New York City Fellowship will equip you with the professional skills and experience you need to pursue your career with confidence.
Apply to the Fellowship of your first choice through the links below. If you have an interest in both Fellowships, please submit only one application and both opportunities can be discussed during the interview.
Internships for Credit
Get experience in the workplace while still a student. See your Faculty Intern Advisor (FIA) for details on completing a for-credit internship in your specific major.
Other Ways to Gain Experience:
- Externship/Job Shadowing
- Volunteer Service and CSER
- Zero Credit Internships (CPT) – International Students
Internship Search Resources
- Handshake – Search for internships and access professional development and full-time positions.
- Career Fairs – Attend Liberty University major specific Career Fairs, hosted here on campus.
Internship Search Engines
- Campus Career Center – Entry-level jobs and internships (not Liberty University).
- Entertainment Careers – Entertainment jobs and internships listings at studios, networks, production and record companies, radio stations, VFX, etc.
- Idealist.org – A search engine listing jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities in non-profit organizations in the US and around the world.
- Internships.com – Find an opportunity at the world’s largest internship marketplace.
- Internship Programs – Post a resume to employers who are exclusively looking for interns. Search an extensive database of internships, read internship reviews, or create your own real-intern profile.
- JobSearchUSA.org – Search for internships in all 50 states.
- LinkUp – Job search site that aggregates jobs found only on company websites.
- National Institutes of Health – This program includes summer internship opportunities in the Administrative, Management, Clerical, and Information Technology (IT) career fields.
Virginia and Washington, D.C.
- DCJobSource.com – Find internships at companies and non-profits in the State of Virginia. Internship for highly motivated individuals who want to experience firsthand the administration of state government in the commonwealth.
- U.S. Department of State – Internship programs for almost every major.
- jobs.virginia.gov/internships – The Commonwealth of Virginia Internship Programs offers students the opportunity to combine academic studies with on-the-job training and experience while completing their education.