Make the Most Out of a Career Event
Before a career event, research companies and watch our Career Fair Dos and Don’ts video. Make sure you review your resume with a Career Coach.
Arrive at the career event prepared, polished, and professional in appropriate business attire.
After the event, make sure to send out thank you letters to employers you spoke with. Thank you letters should always be sent within 24 hours after the interview. This allows you thank the recruiter as well as remind them how you fit with the company and highlight specific skills that connect you to the organization.
Appropriate Business Attire – Click to View
Professional dress is required due to the expectation of recruiters and the highly competitive nature of the job market. Many recruiters and/or hiring managers will make a decision to rule you out of consideration based on their first impression of your appearance. Professional dress ensures that recruiters focus on you – your talents, your skills, and your passion for their company.
Men’s Professional Attire
- A suit jacket, dress pants, belt, dress shirt, tie, and dress shoes are required.
Women’s Professional Attire
- A suit jacket and skirt, dress blouse, and dress shoes
- A suit jacket and dress and dress shoes
- A suit jacket and pants, dress blouse, and dress shoes
- Nursing/LUCOM students may attend in their hospital clinical uniform
- Military/ROTC students may attend in their military uniform
- Jeans of any color
- Any clothing that is too tight or too revealing (short skirts or low cut tops)
- Any clothing that is worn or tattered
- Tennis shoes, sandals, boat shoes
- Anything that is casual dress
Faculty and Career Services personnel will be on hand to ensure the dress code for the event is adhered to before admittance. If you have any questions, please stop by Career Services. We are happy to help and can recommend local sources for inexpensive clothing options.
Spring 2020 Career Events:
- Nursing Fair | February 11, 1-4 p.m., Montview Student Union, Alumni Ballroom
- Teacher Fair | February 18, 1-4 p.m., Montview Student Union, Alumni Ballroom
- Spring Fair | March 5, 1-4 p.m., LaHaye Multi-Purpose Center
For all other Fairs, Experience Events and On Campus Recruitment opportunities, go to Liberty.JoinHandshake.com for complete and up-to-date details.