Resumes & Portfolios
Your resume serves as the first impression you make in your job application process. After you’ve created your resume, you can submit your resume for a general formatting and grammar critique through the link in the right corner. For a career specific review of your resume and other professional documents, schedule a personalized appointment with your Career Coach.
After you have received your critique and have revised your resume, make an appointment with your Career Coach who can help you customize your resume to a specific internship or job.
A physical or online portfolio can uniquely highlight your talent and key accomplishments. A portfolio can demonstrate your skill in a visual and practical way. To help you decide if and how you should create a physical or online portfolio schedule a personalized appointment with your Career Coach. Already have a portfolio? Your Career Coach can meet with you to review your current version and strategize about updates.
Why You Should Have a Portfolio
- Visually showing a future employer what you are capable of accomplishing.
- Updating your work is streamlined and allows for showcasing the newest projects.
- Creatively designing your portfolio allows you to design it towards specific industries so you stand out from the crowd of applicants.
A Portfolio Can Include:
- Marketing Strategies
- Successful Projects
- Public Speaking Events
- Overview of Accomplishments
- Professional licensure or certifications
- Demonstration of Soft Skills
Creating a professional resume can be difficult. Formatting is tricky and perfecting the content for specific jobs is time-consuming and can be confusing.
Below, there is a collection of sample resumes based on your major. If you do not see a resume sample for your specific major, choose a sample of a closely-aligned major.
After you have reviewed your applicable resume sample, start creating or editing your own resume, using the sample resume as your guide. After you’ve created your resume, you can submit your resume for a general formatting and grammar critique through the link in the right corner.
For a career specific review of your resume and other professional documents, schedule a personalized appointment with your Career Coach.
- American Sign Language and Interpreting
- Family & Child Development
- Family & Consumer Science
- Family & Consumer Sciences: Teacher Licensure
- Fashion Design
- Fashion Merchandising
- History (M.S.)
- Interior Design
- Social Sciences
- Teaching English as a Second Language
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Human Services Counseling
- Marriage and Family Therapy (M.A.)
- Psychology: Child Life Specialist
- Psychology: Counseling
- Psychology: Industrial Organizational
- School Counseling (M.Ed.)
- Social Work
- Business Administration: Human Resources
- Business Administration: Marketing
- Business Administration: Project Management
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Education (CV)
- Education Administration Supervision
- Elementary Education
- Special Education Integrated Studies
- Teaching (MA)
- Engineering: Civil
- Engineering: Computer
- Engineering: Electrical
- Engineering: Industrial
- Engineering: Mechanical
- Athletic Training
- Biomedical Science
- Biomedical Science (CV)
- Exercise Science
- Public Health
- Public Health (CV)