Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - Juvenile Justice
Liberty University Online’s Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice – Juvenile Justice program provides you with a solid foundation of knowledge and skills for a rewarding career working with youth in the local, state, or federal juvenile justice system. Through Liberty’s youth corrections program, you will gain an understanding of the internal workings of the criminal justice system and its response to youth in the criminal system. While earning your degree, you will develop professional skills in correctional procedures, as well as cultural and sociological diversity, ensuring the most relevant and comprehensive information needed to impact the lives of today’s youth. Knowledge and experience gained through courses will prepare you to serve effectively as an expert in the field of youth corrections.
Find out if you qualify for the Emergency Response Personnel discount.
What’s your minor?
Expand your degree options by choosing a Minor from the Bachelor's Degree Programs web page.
- $360 per credit hour (based on full-time enrollment)
- 120 total hours
- 30 hours must be taken through Liberty
- 50% (24 hours) of major must be taken through Liberty
- 30 hours of upper-level course are a required part of the 120 total hours
Credit for life experience
- Law enforcement officials who can document successful completion from an accredited police academy may be eligible to earn credit hours toward their degree.
- Some forms of military experience may be eligible as college credit.
Potential Career Fields
- Youth Correctional Officer Casework
- Juvenile Probation Officer
- Youth Service Worker/Coordinator
- Outreach Counselor
Want to learn more?