Create a Brighter Future with Liberty’s Master’s in Graphic Design
Visual communication is becoming more and more interactive, and the need for graphic designers to achieve the goals and needs of corporate businesses as well as with small business and entrepreneurs continues to grow. Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Fine Arts in Graphic Design (MFA) is designed to help you succeed in the arts and visual communication industry. Our master’s in graphic design courses are constructed to train you to communicate in a way that is visually appealing through typography, digital illustration, digital imaging, and design techniques. With mastery of these skills, our graphic design MFA will give you a competitive edge over other artists in the design industry.
Liberty University’s master’s in graphic design degree will empower you to work smarter and reach your highest potential. With an MFA in Graphic Design, you will gain hands-on, rigorous training from professors with years of experience to enhance your artistic abilities. Your ambition and talent mixed with your professor’s knowledge and experience will equip you to meet challenging projects head on as you learn to connect with the world through sight.
Why Choose Our Master’s in Graphic Design Online?
Liberty’s master’s in graphic design program is offered completely online, allowing you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without the worry of having to take courses on campus. All of our MFA classes are taught from a Christian worldview by knowledgeable professors who share your passion for the arts.
One of the best reasons to choose Liberty’s MFA in Graphic Design online degree program is because of the valuable internship incorporated into this degree. Our MFA online degree requires you to complete a 180-hour internship under the supervision of a professional working in the field of graphic design. Along with an internship, you can also gain invaluable experience in a 90-hour practicum where you will compile a body of creative work. Graphic design internships and practicums are the best way to bridge the gap between earning a college degree and finding a job in the field you studied. Internships help provide valuable on the job experience, giving you relevant training to help in your career decisions.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s Master of Fine Arts in Graphic Design Online Degree Program?
Our master’s in graphic design online degree will take you on an exciting exploration of the latest technological advances in the design industry. Our online graphic design courses will train you in 3D design, publication design, game design, vector illustration, digital photography, and many more intriguing areas of digital art. You will also gain foundational knowledge in interactive designing and professional practices. With a master’s in graphic design from Liberty, you can prepare to become a valuable asset to future companies.
MFA in Graphic Design Featured Courses
Master’s in Graphic Design Degree Information and Requirements
- Thesis or portfolio project required
- Internship or practicum required
- Oral examination
- This program falls under the School of Visual and Performing Arts
Download and review the Degree Completion Plan
View the Graduate Visual and Performing Arts Course Syllabi (login required)
Master’s in Graphic Design Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year and no set login times.
Potential Career Fields with an MFA in Graphic Design
- Public Relations
Admission Requirements for the Master of Fine Arts in Graphic Design (MFA)
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative combined GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Artist Statement
- Master of Fine Arts Portfolio
- Unofficial college transcripts can be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Official college transcripts, if available
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Choosing Liberty University’s Master’s in Graphic Design
- By earning your Master of Fine Arts in Graphic Design (MFA) from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our master’s in graphic design degree has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- The portfolio project in this degree will become an invaluable promotional tool to help you secure a job in the graphic design industry.
- You will experience a challenging and rewarding curriculum through online graphic design courses.
You will have access to Adobe products, like the Creative Cloud Suite.