Why Should You Seek Admission to our Online Doctor of Worship Studies Degree?
Liberty’s 100% online Doctor of Worship Studies (DWS) is designed to equip you with a biblical foundation for leadership and management in a worship ministry role. In addition, it will provide you with the tools and skills essential to creating thoughtful, theologically deep worship that will help bring your congregation closer to God.
This degree is designed by our online seminary, the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity, and the School of Music to simultaneously integrate a biblical and educational focus with music. If you have graduate music training or a music ministry degree, our online Doctor of Worship Studies will advance your worship ministry skills and help you become a better music ministry leader.
How Do I Complete My Admissions Requirements for the Online Doctor of Worship Studies Degree?
- Apply online or call (800) 424-9596 to speak with an admissions counselor.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Mail official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copy or via a direct electronic transcript system). If your previous institution offers electronic official transcript processing, they can send the document directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transcripts must show a regionally or nationally accredited Master of Music degree or its equivalent with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Students with a GPA less than 3.0 may be considered for admission on caution. Consideration will be given to those without an M.A. or M.S. in Music; however, additional graduate-level coursework may be required upon admissions, such as worship and theology classes.
- Submit a Statement of Purpose – The Statement of Purpose is an opportunity to demonstrate to application reviewers why you wish to pursue a doctoral degree at Liberty University. You can also display your graduate-level writing abilities for their consideration. Applicants are encouraged to take time to develop a well-written, 1,000 to 1,500-word statement, which answers the following questions:
- How has your previous education and/or work experience prepared you for doctoral studies at Liberty University?
- What is your goal with regard to pursuing a doctoral education at Liberty University?
- Please describe the character and values you possess that will help you succeed in your desired field.
- The Statement of Purpose can be attached or written out in an email and submitted to email@example.com.
Applicants whose native language is other than English must submit official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or an approved alternative assessment. For information on alternative assessments or TOEFL waivers, please call Admissions or view the official International Admissions policy.
The Office of Graduate Admissions may request additional documentation when conducting admission reviews to evaluate a candidate’s record before a final admission decision can be made.
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must:
- Be in your final term and planning to start your doctoral degree after the last day of class for your master’s degree.
- Complete a master’s self-certification form confirming your completion date. The form can be downloaded from our Forms and Downloads page or you can contact an Admissions Counselor who can submit the form on your behalf.
- Submit a transcript to confirm that you are in your final term. The preliminary transcript must show that you are within six credit hours of completion for a 30-48 credit hour master’s degree or within nine credit hours of completion for a 49+ credit hour master’s degree.
- Send in an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date listed by the end of your first semester of enrollment in the new doctoral degree.
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript is one that has been issued directly from the institution and is in a sealed envelope. If you have one in your possession, it must still be in its original sealed envelope. If your previous institution offers electronic official transcript processing, they can send the document directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liberty University Admissions Office Contact Information
Call: (800) 424-9596
Fax: (888) 301-3577
Liberty University Online Admissions Verification
1971 University Blvd.
Lynchburg, VA 24515
Back to our Doctor of Worship Studies degree page.