Pursue Doctoral Studies in Worship and Pastoral Counseling that Equip You for More
You already know how powerful worship can be — and the healing it can bring. Take your current worship ministry to new levels, while sharpening your biblical theology and developing the understanding and skills to counsel your congregation. Learn to guide others toward healing for difficult issues by earning a Doctor of Worship Studies degree with a pastoral counseling emphasis.
Liberty’s online Doctor of Worship Studies in Pastoral Counseling emphasizes the practical application of worship studies and godly counseling to your ministry. Courses are designed to help you meet the demands of the 21st-century evangelical worship community. You can advance in your knowledge of theology, philosophy, and leadership so you can meet the spiritual needs of your congregation through worship and counseling.
Why Choose Liberty’s Worship Studies Doctoral Degree?
If you are considering an online doctoral degree in worship studies, you have likely spent years serving in ministry. Your previous ministry experience is valuable, and a portfolio of your work detailing that experience could earn you course credit. This credit can help you complete a doctoral degree in less time and at a lower cost, depending on what you’ve already accomplished in your career.
Additionally, our worship studies degree is offered 100% online. You have a family, work, and other important responsibilities, so at Liberty, you won’t find required on-campus intensives or set login times — you are free to complete your degree wherever and whenever you choose. Pursue new career opportunities, influence others, and deepen your spiritual walk with Liberty’s Doctor of Worship Studies in Pastoral Counseling.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Doctor of Worship Studies – Pastoral Counseling Degree?
With our core worship studies online courses, you will focus on enhancing your worship theology as a whole. You can learn how to integrate foundational philosophies and methodologies central to biblical worship into your ministry as well as explore cultural and contextual aspects of worship so you can meet a variety of congregational needs.
Pastoral Counseling Concentration
By choosing to pursue a pastoral counseling focus, you will be equipping yourself for a variety of ministry opportunities. Our courses focus on individual, family, premarital, marital, and crisis issues often brought up in counseling. By developing the tools and strategies to help others handle these issues, you can equip your congregation to deal with the joys and difficulties of life.
- PACO 500 – Introduction to Pastoral Counseling
- PACO 603 – Premarital and Marital Counseling
- PACO 604 – Crisis Intervention in Pastoral Counseling
- WRSP 801 – Historical Developments of Christian Worship
Highlights of Our Online Doctor of Worship Studies in Pastoral Counseling
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online worship studies degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- You can complete our online Doctor of Worship degree in about 3 years.
- You will complete an integrated thesis project that will demonstrate your expertise and ability to apply advanced worship theology and Christian scholarship to practical worship ministry problems.
Online Doctor of Worship Studies in Pastoral Counseling Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Music
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan
- View the Thesis Handbook for more information about the required integrated thesis project
- View the Graduate Music Course Guides (login required)
Career Opportunities for Doctor of Worship Studies in Pastoral Counseling Graduates
- Head worship pastor
- Music and worship instructor
- Professor of worship studies
- Worship coach or analysts
- Worship counselor and advisor
- Worship theologian
Admission Requirements for Doctoral Degrees in Worship Studies
A regionally or nationally accredited master of music or its equivalent with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Statement of Purpose
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.