Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Music for Your Online Doctoral Degree Program?
Do you want to help your ministry team bring deep theological truths to your congregation through music? As one of the largest music schools in the nation, Liberty offers vast resources to help you succeed in your musical education. If you have a graduate music or music ministry degree, then Liberty’s online doctorate in worship studies program will give you the management and leadership skills you need to run a successful worship program and help your congregation grow in their faith through worship.
With Liberty’s School of Music and Worship, you can develop your approach to music and worship to reach the minds, hearts, and souls of people of all ages. To better apply the skills and knowledge you gain from our cutting-edge online learning environment, you can get hands-on training on campus with optional intensives!
Come be a part of Liberty’s mission to Train Champions for Christ and apply today!
Available Music Doctorates
Liberty University offers a Doctor of Music Education (D.M.E.). This terminal degree focuses on practical, hands-on application so you can teach music with confidence and skill.
Throughout the program, you will learn Christian principles in music education and work on a thesis project to showcase your expertise. Additionally, you will choose elective courses to personalize your education to your personal and professional goals.
We also offer a Doctor of Worship Studies (DWS) for students who are passionate professionals in both music and ministry.
Regardless of your concentration, you will study biblical and theological issues related to worship, courses on advanced worship studies, as well as participate in research studies, where you will prepare and defend your thesis.
Choose the general track or from one of the following specializations in our DWS to tailor your doctorate to your unique personal and professional goals:
- Ethnomusicology – Focus on understanding worship from a global perspective and how to relate to people from a variety of cultures through corporate worship.
- Leadership – Gain a deeper knowledge of leadership best practices and how these skills can relate to your calling in music and worship.
- Pastoral Counseling – Use your expertise in worship to help individuals, couples, and families with non-licensure counseling techniques.
What Are the Benefits of an Online Doctoral Degree from Liberty University?
Our online doctoral degree programs offer students great benefits, including:
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- The Doctor of Worship Studies is offered in an 8-week course format, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- Optional on-campus intensives and a practical thesis will help you apply your skills and knowledge to real-world ministry solutions.
Bring God’s Profound Truths to Your Congregation Through Music
Liberty University’s School of Music offers an in-depth study of how to enhance your worship ministry and better reach the world for Christ. These are just some of the theological, philosophical, and practical subjects you will study:
- The Worship Leader – Study the many roles of the worship leader, focusing particularly on the relationship between the pastor and worship leader.
- Transitions in Worship – Study the current trends and issues related to contemporary worship.
- Pastoral Roles of the Worship Leader – Get clarity on the many pastoral roles of the worship leader in the evangelical community.
- Worship, Community, and Relationship – Study the various responsibilities worship leaders have in building a community of well-balanced and well-received partnerships in ministry.
After graduating, you will be equipped with an in-depth understanding of the Bible and the various leadership and management responsibilities of a worship leader.
What’s Special about Liberty University’s School of Music?
- Liberty’s School of Music is one of the largest music schools in the United States of America.
- Liberty University’s School of Music holds institutional accreditation through the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).