Grow as a Medical Professional with a Master’s of Medical Sciences – Molecular Medicine Online Degree Program
Pursue your passion for molecular biology and medicine with Liberty’s online M.A. in Medical Sciences – Molecular Medicine degree. Our master’s of medical sciences in molecular medicine program will give you an advanced understanding of topics like biomedical ethics, immunology, and anatomy. Whether you are continuing your education to prepare for medical school or want to enter a non-clinical career, our online medical sciences master’s program will provide you with the education you need for success.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online M.A. in Medical Sciences – Molecular Medicine Degree Program?
At Liberty, your success is our success. We are dedicated to training exceptional medical professionals who desire to lead with excellence and integrity. To help you get the most out of your education, our online classrooms provide you with opportunities for mentorship and networking with professors and classmates. Partner with us, and let us give you the degree you need to make the impact you always knew you could!
We have been pioneering distance learning since 1985 and are ranked in the top five online colleges for quality, affordability, and flexibility, so you can be sure that we have the experience needed to provide a cutting-edge online learning environment that meets your needs. Because our online classes have no set login times and our on-campus intensives are offered multiple times to allow for flexible scheduling, you can earn your M.A. in Medical Science – Molecular Medicine degree and continue to devote time to your family, community, or career.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Masters of Arts in Medical Sciences Program?
At Liberty, we Train Champions for Christ, and that means giving our students the best education possible so that they have all the tools needed to impact the world for Christ. We believe in academic excellence built on the foundation of a biblical perspective. Our professors are committed to teaching from a biblical perspective and have real-world experience in the molecular medicine field, allowing them to teach you practical skills you can use to further your career and medical school opportunities.
Throughout our master’s degree in molecular medicine, you will learn advanced cell biology, pathology, and genetics. You will also visit our beautiful campus in Lynchburg, Virginia for two intensive lab courses that will allow you to personally interact with professors and students, as well as help you prepare for medical school.
Online Medical Masters in Molecular Medicine Degree Program Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- View the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
Master’s in Medical Sciences Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour).
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Admission Requirements for the MA in Medical Sciences
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.75 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
Required prerequisites for success include:
- Two semesters of general biology with lab OR two semesters of anatomy and physiology with lab
- One semester of organic chemistry with residential lab (two semesters recommended)
- Two semesters of general chemistry with lab
- Additional recommended courses are biostatistics, physiology (1 year), anatomy (1 year), biochemistry, cell biology, microbiology, and genetics
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of our Master’s in Medical Sciences Program
- By earning your online master’s degree in molecular medicine from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online medical sciences degree in two years or less!
Potential Career Options with the M.A. in Medical Science – Molecular Medicine Degree
- Biomedical scientist (may require Ph.D.)
- College lecturer/instructor