Grow as a Medical Professional with a Master’s Degree in Medical Sciences – Molecular Medicine
Pursue your passion for molecular biology and medicine with Liberty’s online M.A. in Medical Sciences – Molecular Medicine degree. Our master’s in molecular medicine program will give you an advanced understanding of topics like biomedical ethics, immunology, and anatomy. Whether you are continuing your education to prepare for medical school, or you want to enter a non-clinical career in the field, our online medical sciences master’s program will provide you with the education you need for success.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online M.A. in Medical Sciences – Molecular Medicine Degree Program?
At Liberty, your success is our success. We are dedicated to training exceptional medical professionals who desire to lead with excellence and integrity. To help you get the most out of your education, our online classrooms provide you with opportunities for mentorship and networking with professors and classmates. Partner with us to earn the degree you need to make the impact you always knew you could.
We have been pioneering distance learning since 1985 and are ranked in the top 1% of online colleges for quality, affordability, and accessibility, so you can be sure that we have the experience needed to provide a cutting-edge online learning environment that meets your needs. Because our online classes have no set login times and our on-campus intensives are offered multiple times to allow for flexible scheduling, you can earn your M.A. in Medical Science – Molecular Medicine degree and continue to devote time to your family, community, or career.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Master of Arts in Medical Sciences?
At Liberty, we Train Champions for Christ, and that means giving our students the best education possible so that they have all the tools needed to impact the world. We believe in academic excellence built on the foundation of biblical principles. Our professors are committed to teaching from a biblical perspective and have real-world experience in the molecular medicine field, allowing them to teach you practical skills you can use to further your career and medical school opportunities.
Throughout our master’s degree in molecular medicine, you will learn advanced cell biology, pathology, and genetics. You will also visit our beautiful campus in Lynchburg, Va. for two intensive lab courses that will allow you to personally interact with professors and students, as well as help you prepare for medical school.
- MSCI 505 – Principles of Medical Genetics
- MSCI 520 – Principles of Physiology I
- MSCI 640 – Ethics in Health Science
Online Medical Master’s in Molecular Medicine Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- This degree is online with required on-campus intensives.
- View the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
Master’s in Medical Sciences Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for the M.A. in Medical Sciences
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.75 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
Required prerequisites for success include:
- Two semesters of general biology with lab OR two semesters of anatomy and physiology with lab
- One semester of organic chemistry with residential lab (two semesters recommended)
- Two semesters of general chemistry with lab
- Additional recommended courses are biostatistics, physiology (1 year), anatomy (1 year), biochemistry, cell biology, microbiology, and genetics
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our Master’s in Medical Sciences Program
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online master’s degree in molecular medicine from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online medical sciences degree in 2 years or less!
Potential Career Options with the M.A. in Medical Science – Molecular Medicine Degree
- Biomedical scientist (may require Ph.D.)
- College lecturer/instructor