Grow as a Medical Professional with a Master’s Degree in Medical Sciences – Molecular Biology and Medicine
Are you searching for an online medicine program from an accredited university? Does the idea of earning a master’s degree in medicine excite you? If you’re in search of a respected molecular medicine degree that can help prepare you for medical school, look no further than Liberty’s graduate program in medical sciences with a specialization in molecular medicine.
Pursue your passion for molecular biology and medicine with Liberty’s online medical master’s program in molecular medicine. Our molecular medicine degree program is designed to give you an advanced understanding of topics like biomedical ethics, immunology, and anatomy. Whether you are continuing your education to prepare for medical school, or you want to enter a non-clinical career in the field, our online medical sciences master’s program offers a respected medical education that can be used to help further your career.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online M.A. in Medical Sciences – Molecular Medicine Degree Program?
At Liberty, your success is our success. We are dedicated to training exceptional medical professionals who desire to lead with excellence and integrity. To help you get the most out of your education, our online classrooms provide you with opportunities for mentorship and networking with professors and classmates. Partner with us and pursue an education that you can use to impact the world.
We have been pioneering distance learning since 1985, so you can be sure that we have the experience needed to provide a cutting-edge online learning environment that meets your needs. Because our online classes have no set login times and our on-campus intensives are offered multiple times to allow for flexible scheduling, you can earn your M.A. in Medical Sciences – Molecular Medicine degree while continuing to devote time to your family, community, or career.
We Train Champions for Christ by striving to give you the best education possible. At Liberty, we believe in academic excellence built on a foundation of biblical principles. Our professors, who are committed to teaching from a biblical perspective, have real-world experience in molecular medicine and biomedical sciences — allowing them to teach you practical skills that you can use to help further your career and improve your chances of being accepted into medical school.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Master of Arts in Medical Sciences?
Throughout our master’s degree in molecular medicine, you can learn about advanced cell biology, pathology, genetics, and translational research. You will also visit our School of Medicine in Lynchburg, Virginia, for 2 intensive lab courses that allow you to personally interact with your professors and other students.
Like you, we take your studies and your future seriously. You deserve nothing but the best in your educational pursuits, and by partnering with us, you can reach heights that you never thought were possible. Don’t put your career on hold any longer — apply today!
- MSCI 505 – Principles of Medical Genetics
- MSCI 520 – Principles of Physiology I
- MSCI 640 – Ethics in Health Science
- MSCI 680 – Pathogens and Human Diseases
Online Medical Master’s in Molecular Medicine Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- View the Degree Completion Plan
- View the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- This degree is online with required on-campus intensives.
Master’s in Medical Sciences Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for the M.A. in Medical Sciences
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.75 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
Required prerequisites for success include:
- 2 semesters of general biology with a lab OR 2 semesters of anatomy and physiology with a lab
- 1 semester of organic chemistry with residential lab (2 semesters recommended)
- 2 semesters of general chemistry with a lab
- Additional recommended courses are biostatistics, physiology (1 year), anatomy (1 year), biochemistry, cell biology, microbiology, and genetics
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our Master’s in Medical Sciences Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online master’s degree in molecular medicine from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online medical sciences degree in as little as 1 year!
What Can You Do with a Master’s in Molecular Medicine?
- Biomedical scientist (may require a Ph.D.)
- College lecturer/instructor
- Healthcare consultant
- Infection control practitioner
- Quality assurance manager