Grow in Your Medical and Management Skills with a Master’s of Medical Sciences – Business Management
Liberty University’s master’s of medical sciences degree program provides an advanced study of human anatomy and physiology, cell biology, biochemistry, and medical ethics. Our medical sciences degree is designed to provide opportunities to enhance medical and business management credentials for entry into medical, dental, chiropractic, pharmacy, physician assistant (PA), and other professional schools.
Throughout this degree program, you will be exposed to a challenging and rewarding curriculum and a strengthening of critical thinking, business, and management skills. We pride ourselves on the academic and personal support that our staff and faculty provide to our students. You will receive this same guidance and support throughout your business management degree program.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Master’s of Medical Sciences Program – Business Management?
Our Master of Arts in Medical Sciences – Business Management degree can be completed 100% online, which means you can complete your coursework from the comfort of your home and on a schedule that is convenient for you. The business management specialization for this degree is 34 credit hours, making it possible to complete the degree in about four semesters or less than two years. Additionally, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and we work every day to provide our students with quality, affordable, and flexible degree options.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s of Medical Sciences Degree Program in Business Management?
The core courses in our medical sciences degree cover the principles of medical science, which exposes you to research methods and current issues in the medical industry. You will also study ethics in medicine, which is key knowledge to have for success and ethical operations in all areas of your career. Studying advanced cell biology and biochemistry will include training in cell interactions and developmental genetics. Additionally, you will receive an advanced training in human anatomy and physiology, where you will examine the human organism.
The business management specialization of our medical sciences degree will focus your studies on the administrative side of medical sciences. Our featured courses cover essential topics including organizational behavior, leadership, accounting, and grant acquisition. We invite you to review the course guides below for more information on these exciting courses.
Masters of Medical Sciences Program – Business Management Information
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- View the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
Master’s in Medical Sciences Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour).
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Admission Requirements for the MA in Medical Sciences
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.75 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
Required prerequisites for success include:
- Two semesters of general biology with lab OR two semesters of anatomy and physiology with lab
- One semester of organic chemistry with residential lab (two semesters recommended)
- Two semesters of general chemistry with lab
- Additional recommended courses are biostatistics, physiology (1 year), anatomy (1 year), biochemistry, cell biology, microbiology, and genetics
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of our Master’s in Medical Sciences Program
- By earning your online master’s in medical sciences degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online medical sciences degree in as little as two years!
Potential Career Options with Our Online Master’s of Medical Sciences Program – Business Management
- Grants officer
- Medical liaison
- Medical affairs consultant
- Research analyst