Develop Your Medical and Management Skills with a Master’s of Medical Sciences in Business Management
Liberty University’s master’s of medical sciences degree program provides an advanced study of human anatomy and physiology, cell biology, biochemistry, and medical ethics. Our medical sciences degree is designed to provide opportunities to enhance medical and business management credentials for students interested in pursuing medical, dental, chiropractic, pharmacy, physician assistant (PA), and other professional schools.
Throughout this degree program, you will be exposed to a challenging and rewarding curriculum that aims to strengthen your critical thinking, business, and management skills. We pride ourselves on the academic and personal support that our staff and faculty provide to our students. You will receive this guidance and support throughout your business management degree program.
Why Choose a Master’s of Medical Sciences Program in Business Management?
Our Master of Arts in Medical Sciences – Business Management degree can be completed 100% online, which means you can complete your coursework from the comfort of your home and on a schedule that is convenient for you. The business management track for this degree is 34 credit hours, making it possible to complete the degree in about four semesters or less than 2 years.
Additionally, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). We work hard every day to provide our students with quality, affordable, and flexible degree options.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s of Medical Sciences Degree Program in Business Management?
The core courses in our medical sciences degree cover research methods and current issues in the medical industry. You will study ethics in medicine, which is a vital part of ensuring success and ethical operations in all areas of your career. Our advanced cell biology and biochemistry courses include training in cell interactions and developmental genetics. Additionally, you will receive advanced training in human anatomy and physiology, where you will examine the human organism.
The business management specialization of our medical sciences degree focuses on the administrative side of medical sciences. Our featured courses cover essential topics including organizational behavior, leadership, accounting, and grant acquisition. We invite you to review the course guides below for more information on these exciting classes.
- BMAL 500 – Organizational Behavior
- BMAL 501 – Strategic Leadership and Management
- BMAL 530 – Accounting for Non-Financial Managers
- HLTH 553 – Grant Acquisition and Management
Master’s of Medical Sciences Program – Business Management Information
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Master’s in Medical Sciences Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for the MA in Medical Sciences
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.75 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
Required prerequisites for success include:
- Two semesters of general biology with lab OR two semesters of anatomy and physiology with lab
- One semester of organic chemistry with residential lab (two semesters recommended)
- Two semesters of general chemistry with lab
- Additional recommended courses are biostatistics, physiology (1 year), anatomy (1 year), biochemistry, cell biology, microbiology, and genetics
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our Master’s in Medical Sciences Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online master’s in medical sciences degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 8 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online medical sciences degree in as little as 2 years!
Potential Career Options with Our Online Master’s of Medical Sciences Program – Business Management
- Grants officer
- Medical affairs consultant
- Medical liaison
- Research analyst