Learn to Solve Health Problems with a Master’s Degree in Medical Sciences – Biopsychology Program
If you are passionate about working in the field of medical sciences and psychology, Liberty University’s Masters of Medical Sciences – Biopsychology degree will allow you to earn an advanced degree studying the human mind and body and how they work together. Our medical sciences programs provide you with the opportunity to pursue a degree that will grant you entry into medical, dental, chiropractic, psychiatry, pharmacy, physician’s assistant (PA), and other medical professional schools. Throughout your time with us, you will be fully supported both academically and spiritually by our support staff and professors who have years of education and professional experience in the medical field.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Masters of Medical Sciences Degree – Biopsychology?
Our master’s degree in medical sciences – biopsychology is a quality, flexible, and affordable online degree program. As one of the largest Christian universities in the nation, your classes will be taught from a biblical worldview by professors who will mentor and guide you throughout your degree. You can be confident in enrolling in our online medical sciences program because Liberty University has strong name recognition, a respected reputation, and is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). As a nonprofit university, Liberty offers one of the most competitive tuition rates among private colleges and universities so you can complete your degree with minimal cost compared to many of our for-profit competitors.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s of Medical Sciences Program – Biopsychology?
Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Medical Sciences degree, with a specialization in biopsychology, provides the credentials you need with an advanced degree in medical sciences. The core curriculum of our medical sciences degree includes the study of human anatomy, biomedical ethics, biology, and biochemistry. In addition, our biopsychology program focuses on neurology, neuroanatomy, developmental psychology, and neuropsychology, providing you with a broad understanding of how the human mind works in conjunction with the human body.
We encourage you to review some of our medical sciences biopsychology online course guides below to learn more about what you will be studying.
Masters of Medical Sciences Program – Biopsychology Information
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- View the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
Master’s in Medical Sciences Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour).
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Admission Requirements for the MA in Medical Sciences
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.75 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
Required prerequisites for success include:
- Two semesters of general biology with lab OR two semesters of anatomy and physiology with lab
- One semester of organic chemistry with residential lab (two semesters recommended)
- Two semesters of general chemistry with lab
- Additional recommended courses are biostatistics, physiology (1 year), anatomy (1 year), biochemistry, cell biology, microbiology, and genetics
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of our Master’s in Medical Sciences Program
- By earning an online Master of Arts in Medical Sciences degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online medical sciences degree in as little as one year!
Potential Career Options with Our Online Masters of Medical Sciences Program – Biopsychology
- Genetic counselor (requires additional training)
- Research scientist (may require Ph.D.)
- Mental health counselor (requires additional training)
- College secturer