Help Athletes Achieve Their Goals with a Master’s in Strength and Conditioning Online Degree
Liberty University’s online Master of Science in Human Performance – Strength Training and Conditioning is a great option for students who are passionate about health and wellness and want to dive into the field of athletic performance. If you are seeking a career in exercise science, our online strength training program is an excellent next step to take in your academic journey.
This degree will help further your knowledge in the core areas of exercise physiology, biomechanics, sports nutrition, statistics, and research methods. You’ll explore how to help people of all ages live healthier lifestyles and develop exercise regimens that fit their unique needs.
If you’re interested in training athletes, our strength and conditioning concentration provides a detailed look at strength development and recovery in the context of sports performance. Partner with us and earn a degree that can help take your career to the next level.
How long does it take to get a master’s degree in sports medicine?
You can complete Liberty’s master’s in strength training and conditioning in under 2 years. We offer the flexibility you need to further your education and expand your career prospects.
What is the best graduate program for strength and conditioning?
As far as schools that offer exercise science programs go, we believe Liberty stands out. We provide affordable tuition rates, high-quality academics, and training from industry experts who can help you become a leader in your field.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master’s in Strength and Conditioning Degree Program?
We’re committed to offering an education that prepares you for the real world. Whether you’re looking to become a certified strength and conditioning specialist, switch career paths, or pursue a terminal degree, our human performance degree can help you achieve your goals. In this program, you’ll learn from experienced professionals who are passionate about helping you excel in the field of strength training, exercise, and sports performance. Our faculty will give you a deeper understanding of how to promote health and wellness in a variety of client populations.
By working in the field of human performance, you can help other people develop healthy habits that last a lifetime. Our cutting-edge curriculum is designed to build on your skills and knowledge so you can work in top-level exercise science jobs. You’ll learn how to help athletes develop speed, agility, endurance, and strength, as well as overcome injuries and fatigue. You’ll also explore general exercise science techniques that can be applied to all people who want to improve their health, regardless of whether or not they play sports.
As part of this strength and conditioning degree online, you’ll complete 2 residential intensives that will give you the opportunity to visit our beautiful campus in Lynchburg, Virginia. During these intensives, you will gain valuable hands-on experience in our state-of-the-art human performance labs. You’ll also be able to connect in-person with other exercise science students and faculty and expand your professional network. The rest of your classes will be online, allowing you to complete your courses whenever and wherever it’s most convenient for you.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Strength and Conditioning Master’s Program?
Learn how to promote fitness, wellness, and physical recovery in people of all ages.
In this strength and conditioning program, you will explore a scientific approach to fitness and learn about the short- and long-term effects of exercise on the human body. With this knowledge, you’ll be able to help prevent and treat injuries, as well as provide others with the tools they need to avoid health problems and thrive.
Liberty’s strength and conditioning online program provides a mix of foundational exercise science courses and a specialization in advanced athletic training techniques. You’ll dive into a variety of topics, including how to analyze different forms of exercise from a biological and physiological perspective, how to use high-accuracy tools and statistical models to interpret relevant data, and how to meet the unique needs of individual clients.
Students will also learn how to develop training regimens and nutritional plans that promote rehabilitation, wellness, and physical performance. Before graduating, you’ll either research and write a final thesis project to demonstrate your academic expertise or complete an internship to gain practical, hands-on experience in a professional environment.
The strength training and conditioning concentration focuses specifically on how to train athletes. You’ll learn how to implement the Movement, Overspeed, Resistance, and Reaction (M.O.R.R.) training system, a world-renowned program that has been used to develop some of the world’s highest-performing athletes. That way, you can help athletes improve their speed and strength, recover faster from injuries, and enjoy long-lasting careers. From resistance training and motor learning to conditioning and recovery, you’ll explore the essentials of sports training.
Liberty’s M.O.R.R. System
The Movement, Overspeed, Resistance, and Reaction (M.O.R.R.) training system was developed by Liberty University alumnus Chip Smith, who is considered the “Godfather of Sports Performance Training.” By learning how this system works, you can equip athletes to reach their full potential.
This system has been used by:
- Over 1,500 NFL players
- 30 NFL 1st-round draft picks
- Hundreds of US High School Army and Under Armour® All-Americans
- Hundreds of MLB, NBA, ATP, PGA, LPGA, MSL, FIFA, and Olympic stars
- Over 50 NFL Pro Bowl players
- 4 Heisman Trophy winners
- 50 NCAA All-Americans
- 41 Olympic medalists, including 21 gold medalists from the 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympic Games in over a dozen sports
- EXSC 540 – Strength Development
- EXSC 541 – Speed and Agility
- EXSC 542 – Conditioning and Recovery
- EXSC 545 – Motor Learning and Performance
Highlights of Liberty’s Online Master’s Degree in Strength and Conditioning
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online sports performance master’s degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- Liberty University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in exercise science from across the country.
- You can complete this strength and conditioning graduate program in less than 2 years.
- Our online courses are only 8 weeks long and have no set login times — so you can do your coursework at any time of the day.
- As a Liberty student, you can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal.
Online Master’s in Sports Performance Degree Information
- This program falls under Liberty’s School of Health Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our sports performance degree.
- View the online Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- This program contains a mix of online courses and 2 week-long residential intensives.
- You will complete either a thesis or an internship.
Military Benefits for Our Strength and Conditioning Online Master’s Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options for Graduates of the Online Master’s Degree Program in Strength and Conditioning
By earning a master’s degree in strength and conditioning online at Liberty, you can pursue a variety of job opportunities in the world of exercise science. Some of the roles you may qualify for after completing this program include:
- Athletic trainer
- Exercise physiologist
- Fitness trainer
- Health promotion specialist
- Sports scientist
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online Strength and Conditioning Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.