Help Athletes Attain Their Goals with a Master of Science in Human Performance – Strength Training and Conditioning
Liberty University’s online Master of Science in Human Performance – Strength Training and Conditioning is a great option for students who are passionate about health and wellness and want to dig into the science of athletic performance. If you are interested in a career in the field of health, wellness, or exercise science, then our human performance degree is an excellent fit for you.
Liberty’s human performance online program will give you the opportunity to further your knowledge in the core areas of exercise physiology, biomechanics, sports nutrition, statistics, and research methods while specializing in the theory and techniques of strength training and conditioning that build the highest performing athletes.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online MS in Human Performance Program?
Our Master of Science in Human Performance is an advanced exercise science degree that is designed to broaden your understanding of health, wellness, and performance in a variety of client populations. This program gives students the opportunity to further their knowledge in the core areas of exercise science, which include exercise physiology, biomechanics, sports nutrition, statistics, and research methods. The specialization in strength training and conditioning will focus on training athletes. This program teaches techniques from the world-renowned Movement, Overspeed, Resistance, and Reaction (M.O.R.R.) training system which has been used to develop some of the world’s highest-performing athletes in professional sports.
Our M.S. in Human Performance degree is offered online with 2 required intensives that will give you the opportunity to visit our beautiful campus in Lynchburg, VA. During your on-campus intensives, you will gain valuable hands-on experience in our state-of-the-art human performance labs from experienced professionals who are passionate about helping you excel in the field of exercise science. You will then have the option of either demonstrating your academic expertise through a thesis project or gaining marketable hands-on experience through an internship to finish your degree and prepare you to succeed in the field of exercise science.
What Will You Learn in the Online MS in Human Performance – Strength Training and Conditioning Degree Program?
Liberty University’s online Master of Science in Human Performance – Strength Training and Conditioning provides a core of essential exercise science skills with an emphasis on advanced athletic training techniques. Students will study the biology of physiological adaptations to different forms of training and how to utilize high-accuracy tools and statistical models to analyze and interpret training data to train athletes and those seeking to better their health condition. Students will develop expertise in applying evidence-based training techniques and nutritional plans for rehabilitation and higher performance.
Students will either choose a final thesis project to demonstrate their academic expertise and prepare for a future scholarship or complete an internship to gain marketable hands-on experience in a professional environment.
Students in the strength training and conditioning area of study will also learn how to implement the Movement, Overspeed, Resistance, and Reaction (M.O.R.R.) training system for developing strength, speed, and agility in athletes, and faster recovery from training and injury. This system is a sports performance training system used by professional Olympic and elite-level athletes.
Liberty’s M.O.R.R. System
The M.O.R.R. system was developed by Liberty University alumnus Chip Smith, who is considered the “Godfather of Sports Performance Training.”
This system has been used by:
- Over 1,500 NFL players
- 30 NFL 1st round draft picks
- Over 50 NFL Pro Bowl players
- 4 Heisman Trophy winners
- 50 NCAA All-Americans
- 41 Olympic medalists, including 21 gold medalists from the 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympic Games in over a dozen sports
- Hundreds of US High School Army and Under Armour® All-Americans
- Hundreds of MLB, NBA, ATP, PGA, LPGA, MSL, FIFA, and Olympic stars
Program Highlights of the Online MS in Human Performance Degree
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in exercise science from across the country.
- You can complete the MS in Human Performance – Strength Training and Conditioning degree program in as little as 2 years.
- Our 8 week online classes have no set log in times, so you can do your coursework at any time of the day.
Online MS in Human Performance Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- This program is a hybrid of online courses and 2 consecutive weeklong on-campus labs.
- 35-hour internship or thesis option.
- View the online Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides. (login required)
Military Benefits for the Strength Training and Conditioning Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options for Graduates of the Online MS in Human Performance – Strength Training and Conditioning Degree
This online graduate program in the exercise science field helps to prepare students to work in occupations such as:
- Exercise physiologist
- Human performance specialist
- Sports scientist
- Strength and conditioning coach
Admission Requirements for the MS in Human Performance – Strength Training and Conditioning
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.