Receive Advanced Training in Human Performance by Earning an Online Master of Science in Fitness and Wellness Degree!
Due to life pressures and responsibilities, many people fail to see the importance of fitness and wellness. You can take part in educating, promoting, and programming for a healthier community and help people understand their responsibility for their personal fitness and wellness by earning our master’s degree in fitness and wellness!
Our 100% online Master of Human Performance will prepare you for advanced training in exercise science, physiology, biomechanics, research, nutrition, helping those with disabilities, public health, and promoting individual and community wellness. You will learn how to evaluate the needs of your community and make a difference by working together with those around you using basic principles of exercise science and human performance. Reshape the next generation of wellness and fitness by helping people of all fitness levels understand when we work together for fitness and wellness, we can push each other to maintain a higher standard of healthy living and physical wellbeing.
You will also get a firsthand look at the latest research methods in the field so you can be up to date with best practices in the human performance and exercise science field. You will have the opportunity to complete two hands-on labs at our campus in Lynchburg, Va. while completing your other degree requirements from the comfort of your home. If you have a desire to see individuals and communities get back to healthier living, our online master’s degree in human performance should be your next educational endeavor.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master of Science in Human Performance – Fitness and Wellness Degree?
Our MS in Human Performance will give you a credible degree and confidence in your career. Whether you are just starting out or considering a career change, the master’s degree in human performance can be completed in two years, meaning your career in fitness and wellness can be a reality sooner than you think. That gives you time to start or change paths in your career quickly and at an affordable price. The need for professional and passionate trainers, wellness coaches, and community fitness programs is growing rapidly, and you can help the next generation of individuals be aware of their fitness levels.
What Will You Learn in the Master of Science in Human Performance – Fitness and Wellness?
Throughout Liberty’s online Master of Science in Human Performance, you will strengthen your understanding of what exercise physiology means in a fitness and wellness context. You will learn how human performance is not only dictated by mental or emotional health alone. Creating healthier and happier communities starts with learning about how to assess and evaluate needs, understand those with disabilities, along with more effective collaboration with your community for programs resulting in a unified commitment to physical activity.
With research-based objectives and statistical analysis in our online human performance program, you will understand health and wellness trends within your community and abroad. By the end of the degree, you will be well-prepared and ready to integrate your faith into your community and your passion for fitness and wellness for greater effectiveness in human performance.
Master of Science in Human Performance Program Highlights
Here are a few more reasons why our online Master of Science in Human Performance – Fitness and Wellness program will be a good fit for you:
- By earning your online M.S. in Human Performance – Fitness and Wellness degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five out of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Translate your passion for healthy living, physical well-being, and community enrichment into a profession and gain greater fulfillment while advancing your career.
- Increased job opportunities in the field of healthcare by creating healthy lifestyles for individuals and athletes.
- Only two weeks on-campus to fulfill intensive lab requirements.
Similar Online Program
You may also be interested in our online Master’s degree in Public Health – Nutrition.
M.S. Human Performance – Fitness and Wellness Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the graduate course syllabi (login required).
- This program is online with required intensives.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour).
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Fitness and Wellness
Start or advance your career in human performance and exercise science. Our online fitness and wellness master’s in human performance will open the door to many career opportunities, including:
- Human performance specialist
- Strength and conditioning coach
- Wellness coach
- Corporate, university, commercial, or resort fitness trainer
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Fitness and Wellness
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Letter of recommendation
- Official college transcripts; if not available, submit a transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.