Receive Advanced Training in Human Performance by Earning an Online Master’s in Health and Fitness – Human Performance
Do you have a passion for helping others reach their fitness goals? Maybe you’re currently a fitness coach in search of a career-enhancing credential, like a master’s in health and fitness. You can take part in educating and training people on better habits and promoting healthier communities using a health and wellness master’s degree from Liberty University.
Our online Master of Science in Human Performance — Fitness and Wellness can equip you with advanced training in exercise science, physiology, biomechanics, research, nutrition, public health, and community wellness promotion. This master’s in fitness and health degree program can teach you to make a difference in the health and well-being of your community.
You will also get a first-hand look at the latest research methods in the field so you can be up to date with best practices in human performance and exercise science. You will have the opportunity to complete 2 in-person labs on our campus in Lynchburg, Virginia while completing your other degree requirements from the comfort of your home. If you have a passion for helping individuals and communities live healthier lives, our online master’s degree in human performance may be a great fit for you.
Help people from all walks of life understand that when they invest in themselves and commit to living a healthy, active lifestyle, they can accomplish more than they ever imagined. Partner with us and help people reach their full fitness potential.
*Some exclusions apply. Please refer to our exclusions page for more information.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Fitness and Wellness Master’s Program?
Our M.S. in Human Performance and wellness management offers you the chance to earn a credible degree and build confidence in your profession. Whether you are just starting out or considering a career change, the master’s degree in human performance typically takes under 2 years to complete — so your career in fitness and wellness can become a reality sooner than you think! You can have the flexibility to start or change paths in your career on your own timeline and at an affordable price.
The need for professional and passionate trainers, wellness coaches, and community fitness programmers is growing rapidly. Gain the skill set you need to pass on awareness of better health and fitness practices to the next generation.
What Will You Learn in the Human Performance – Health and Wellness Master’s Program?
As a human performance – health and wellness major at Liberty, you can strengthen your understanding of what exercise physiology means in the context of fitness and wellness. Throughout the human performance and physical fitness degree, you can learn how human performance is not dictated by mental or emotional health alone. Creating happier and healthier communities starts with learning how to assess and evaluate needs, understanding those with disabilities, and effectively collaborating with your community to create programs that demonstrate a unified commitment to physical activity.
With research-based objectives and statistical analysis in our online human performance program, you can understand health and wellness trends within your community and abroad. By the end of the degree, you can be prepared to integrate your faith into your passion for fitness and wellness so you can bring about greater human performance outcomes in your community.
- EXSC 633 – Exercise and Physical Activity for People with Disabilities
- EXSC 640 – Public Health and Physical Activity
- EXSC 650 – Promoting Physical Activity in the Community
- EXSC 660 – Fitness Assessment and Programming
Master of Science in Fitness and Wellness Program Highlights
Here are a few reasons why our online Master of Science in Human Performance – Fitness and Wellness program may be a good fit for you:
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Translate your passion for healthy living, physical well-being, and community enrichment into a profession and gain greater fulfillment while advancing your career.
- Pursue new job opportunities in the field of healthcare while promoting healthy lifestyles for individuals and athletes.
- You are only required to complete 2 weeks of on-campus intensive lab requirements.
MS in Human Performance – Fitness and Wellness Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- This program is offered online with required intensives.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Options with a Master’s Degree in Fitness and Wellness
Start or advance your career in human performance and exercise science. Our online fitness and wellness master’s in human performance can help open the door to many career opportunities, including:
- Corporate, university, commercial, or resort fitness trainer
- Human performance specialist
- Strength and conditioning coach
- Wellness coach
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Fitness and Wellness
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.