Receive Advanced Training in Human Performance by Earning an Online Master of Science in Fitness and Wellness!
Due to life’s pressures and responsibilities, many people are not able to focus on their overall fitness and wellness. You can take part in educating and training people on better habits and promote healthier communities using a master’s degree in fitness and wellness.
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Science in Human Performance will prepare you with advanced training in exercise science, physiology, biomechanics, research, nutrition, public health, and individual and community wellness promotion. You will learn how to evaluate the needs of your community and make a difference by working together with those around you using foundational principles of exercise science and human performance.
You will also get a first-hand look at the latest research methods in the field so you can be up to date with best practices in human performance and exercise science. You will have the opportunity to complete two hands-on labs on our campus in Lynchburg, Va. while completing your other degree requirements from the comfort of your home. If you have a desire to see individuals and communities get on track to healthier lives, our online master’s degree in human performance is a great next step for you.
Reshape the next generation of wellness and fitness by helping people of all fitness levels understand that when we work together for fitness and wellness, we can push each other to maintain a higher standard of healthy living and physical wellbeing.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master of Science in Human Performance – Fitness and Wellness Degree?
Our M.S. in Human Performance will give you a credible degree and confidence in your career. Whether you are just starting out or considering a career change, the master’s degree in human performance can be completed in under two years, so your career in fitness and wellness can be a reality sooner than you think! You will have the flexibility to start or change paths in your career on your own timeline and at an affordable price.
The need for professional and passionate trainers, wellness coaches, and community fitness programmers is growing rapidly. Gain the skill set you need to bring awareness for better health and fitness practices to the next generation.
What Will You Learn in the Master of Science in Human Performance – Fitness and Wellness?
Throughout Liberty’s online Master of Science in Human Performance, you will strengthen your understanding of what exercise physiology means in a fitness and wellness context. You will learn how human performance is not dictated by mental or emotional health alone. Creating happier and healthier communities starts with learning how to assess and evaluate needs, understanding those with disabilities, and more effectively collaborating with your community for programs resulting in a unified commitment to physical activity.
With research-based objectives and statistical analysis in our online human performance program, you will understand health and wellness trends within your community and abroad. By the end of the degree, you will be ready to integrate your faith into your passion for fitness and wellness so you can bring about greater human performance outcomes in your community.
- EXSC 633 – Exercise and Physical Activity for People with Disabilities
- EXSC 640 – Public Health and Physical Activity
- EXSC 650 – Promoting Physical Activity in the Community
- EXSC 660 – Fitness Assessment and Programming
Master of Science in Human Performance Program Highlights
Here are a few reasons why our online Master of Science in Human Performance – Fitness and Wellness program will be a good fit for you:
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Translate your passion for healthy living, physical well-being, and community enrichment into a profession and gain greater fulfillment while advancing your career.
- Experience increased job opportunities in the field of healthcare while promoting healthy lifestyles for individuals and athletes.
- You are only required to complete two weeks of on-campus intensive lab requirements.
M.S. Human Performance – Fitness and Wellness Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- This program is offered online with required intensives.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with a Master’s Degree in Fitness and Wellness
Start or advance your career in human performance and exercise science. Our online fitness and wellness master’s in human performance will open the door to many career opportunities, including:
- Corporate, university, commercial, or resort fitness trainer
- Human performance specialist
- Strength and conditioning coach
- Wellness coach
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Fitness and Wellness
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.